Our girl shed ...

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ladies, just a quick pop in to check all ok, Jem says we've had a few visitors,
Vet been in to check the ladies after their spays he says doing fine, he was impressed with their arks and the rubber flooring, @poohtiggy, Vet removed the wart on Doris's ear, just have to be careful not to knock the scab off,
@Sable_Jan, was it your Idea to put the dirt catcher mats in the arks? He said brilliant idea as it kept the muck off their bedding.
Environmental health came and had reservations about no one permanently on site, but Jem has told them he lives in the little caravan by the Dutch barn so they are happy he's near by, some nosey sod had reported the animals as being deserted, so all clear with them.
Any way all the animals safely tucked up for the night, and have restocked milk and butter in fridge, took half dozen eggs for tomorrows lunch, and a whole heap of those yummy runner beans, shame the strawbs are going over, have told Jem to help himself to eggs and veg.

Reactions: 5 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hi Ladies, just a quick pop in to check all ok, Jem says we've had a few visitors,
Vet been in to check the ladies after their spays he says doing fine, he was impressed with their arks and the rubber flooring, @poohtiggy, Vet removed the wart on Doris's ear, just have to be careful not to knock the scab off,
@Sable_Jan, was it your Idea to put the dirt catcher mats in the arks? He said brilliant idea as it kept the muck off their bedding.
Environmental health came and had reservations about no one permanently on site, but Jem has told them he lives in the little caravan by the Dutch barn so they are happy he's near by, some nosey sod had reported the animals as being deserted, so all clear with them.
Any way all the animals safely tucked up for the night, and have restocked milk and butter in fridge, took half dozen eggs for tomorrows lunch, and a whole heap of those yummy runner beans, shame the strawbs are going over, have told Jem to help himself to eggs and veg.
Ah, glad that wart has been removed and sure she looks better for it. Must try and get over there tomorrow haven't seen the piggies yet, the eggs are coming thick and fast now after a slow start. Some nosey sods around aren't there? If the animals had been deserted surely they would look as though they had, instead of well fed/groomed thank goodness Jem's around. Making a sugarless sponge tomorrow and filling with thick cream and strawberries, will leave one in the fridge, anyone in there over the weekend help yourself.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ooh, had best nip.over and pick some strawbs or are they too far gone? Will get some runner beans too....ooh, best est the ones up have hot in fridge first....
Glad we've had an "inspection" and given the all clear....I'd rather folks do that if they're worried....I guess if they've not seen us there they can't ask us and I guess the past few days it has just been Jen. Think the kids from the farm are on holiday this week too....
We must try to get ahem to take something for his hard work but he says his reward is being able to be with the animals, the manure will be great for his veggies next year...and the eggs are lovely.....

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

We'll the,strawberries haven't so much "gone over" as GONE. Jen called me over to say he had strengthened the fence cos Mabel had just shoved and shoved trying to reach the strawberries and pushed it over. He hadn't the heart to shoo her out, knowing they were all getting past their best. He repaired it while she was munching then led er back out thru the gate when they'd both done. He said she looked so funny, like she'd got lipstick on her almost a beaming smile .....

K

Kat100

Nice inspectors giving us a five star rating , and now with jed gem in the caravan it's just great ..
Just going to have a little kip in the nice arm chair while I am here ..
All is still all is quiet , gentle breeze blowing ,
Pulling rug over my knees ..
Right I am asleep now ... Which is not good because I should be out jogging and I have not done much jogging this week ..
So relaxing here at the shed , great community x

K

Kat100

Runner beans , love the runner beans , so many , enough for all x

S

Sable_Jan

Nice inspectors giving us a five star rating , and now with jed gem in the caravan it's just great ..
Just going to have a little kip in the nice arm chair while I am here ..
All is still all is quiet , gentle breeze blowing ,
Pulling rug over my knees ..
Right I am asleep now ... Which is not good because I should be out jogging and I have not done much jogging this week ..
So relaxing here at the shed , great community x
Bet you were in my favourite armchair, not keen on the bright course but boy it's comfy..... Been painting the edges of the door, the doorframe and YES! , the inside if the airing cupboard....so didn't get chance to pop over to shed.. good jib I can just put tea out when I've done

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drat, meant to pick some this morning....checked fridge and mine had gone mouldy
Mine won't get chance to go mouldy, just picked enough for two meals and one lot just gone with my dinner yum :hungry:
will have to resist snacking on the rest l love them uncooked. Well, Doris does look a little scabby, that must have been a big wart to leave her looking like she does. Sorry, no cake I had visitors yesterday and they ate it:facepalm: they had to because I don't keep cake & biscuits in the cupboards and wasn't expecting them. Saw Jem over there and he said not to worry he will feed the animals tonight and tuck them up, so everyone can have a night in without worry. I'm really pleased at Henry catching up with the others, must have found his appetite at last, just hope he doesn't over eat now & grow fat. Everything looks good over there and very homely

S

Sable_Jan

Mine won't get chance to go mouldy, just picked enough for two meals and one lot just gone with my dinner yum :hungry:
will have to resist snacking on the rest l love them uncooked. Well, Doris does look a little scabby, that must have been a big wart to leave her looking like she does. Sorry, no cake I had visitors yesterday and they ate it:facepalm: they had to because I don't keep cake & biscuits in the cupboards and wasn't expecting them. Saw Jem over there and he said not to worry he will feed the animals tonight and tuck them up, so everyone can have a night in without worry. I'm really pleased at Henry catching up with the others, must have found his appetite at last, just hope he doesn't over eat now & grow fat. Everything looks good over there and very homely
Mine got buried under other stuff in salad drawer....forgot about them... Tinned garden peas sufficed...a freebie... Only buy marrowfats....it did look shabby this morning but just nicely pink....no inflammation. I'd brought my teatree cream usr in case...

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mine got buried under other stuff in salad drawer....forgot about them... Tinned garden peas sufficed...a freebie... Only buy marrowfats....it did look shabby this morning but just nicely pink....no inflammation. I'd brought my teatree cream usr in case...
Ooo love marrowfat peas but they're processed arn't they? Thought processed foods were no no's so avoid them but yum yum

S

Sable_Jan

Ooo love marrowfat peas but they're processed arn't they? Thought processed foods were no no's so avoid them but yum yum
They ARE processed but worth a try and test....I know I'm diet controlled prediabetic so probably can tolerate more things but its worth a try....so long as you try them with a "known" food.....
Last week I was spiking high on loads of things....this week 70-80g granola......lower post than pre.....weird

We'll have to have tasting and testing sessions at the shed and compare notes.....

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Can I come over to the girls shed for post op recovery and intensive pampering please - 7 days should do it ? Lol

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Lonely....with the chickens, ponies, donkeys and pigs.......Roddy Rooster will send out the alert if anyone comes by....
Lol Jan, just two of your GSD's and Bo will suffice. Dunno what lurks after dark around the shed lol.

K

Kat100

Can I come over to the girls shed for post op recovery and intensive pampering please - 7 days should do it ? Lol
Sure eddie , the spare bed is made up , just ring the bell if you need anything ..

Girls we knew this would happen , don't tell eddie we disconnected the bell ..

K

Kat100

Bet you were in my favourite armchair, not keen on the bright course but boy it's comfy..... Been painting the edges of the door, the doorframe and YES! , the inside if the airing cupboard....so didn't get chance to pop over to shed.. good jib I can just put tea out when I've done
Of course it was your favourite chair , as the antique shows on TV say , it's well worn .. Lol lol :bag::D

K

Kat100

Just been in the orchard the apples will be ready to pick soon ..
Fancy making a crumble not had one for ages :wideyed: