Our girl shed ...

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Think Henry's coat was defo too tight.....found him plucking it off.. also found bits of it in nesting boxes...... 8 eggs today. Got a chronograph pencil and marked the date on ... And drew a chicken on them ;)....
Those kids are doing great with the grooming....forget their names....is it George & Emily? Must find out their birthdays so we can leave a little present.
Thanks for taking fresh milk in (was it poohtiggy? I forget.... That cake you saw is gone, cups,and plates,all washed up....so don't know whose cake it was.... Put a few "stock items" in cupboard in case we don't fancy scrambled eggs on toast while we're here.....
Aw poor Henry he's so little but if his coat was that tight he must be having a growing spurt. Knitted them all new coats with room for growth will try & take them over tomorrow at some point. They were slow to lay but are making up for it now, think Pat took home 4 yesterday & I had a couple when I was over there, definately beat supermarket eggs. Pleased the kitchen was tidy it was a bit messy the other day, oh & I bought an extra jar of Hellmans as it was a bit low, must be all the egg mayo snacks are taking it up, I love egg mayo.
Wonder who ate all that cake? It was fairly big proberbly 12 slices

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Aw poor Henry he's so little but if his coat was that tight he must be having a growing spurt. Knitted them all new coats with room for growth will try & take them over tomorrow at some point. They were slow to lay but are making up for it now, think Pat took home 4 yesterday & I had a couple when I was over there, definately beat supermarket eggs. Pleased the kitchen was tidy it was a bit messy the other day, oh & I bought an extra jar of Hellmans as it was a bit low, must be all the egg mayo snacks are taking it up, I love egg mayo.
Wonder who ate all that cake? It was fairly big proberbly 12 slices
Strange noone said it was theirs either......
Aw, they'll look so sweet in their new coats.....mayb leave their old ones in their nest boxes?
Yes, love egg mayo too....and its nice, the mayo bit, with KFC boneless chicken.....but don't say it too loud in earshot of shed chucks...... They think the C is for cheese ;)

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wonder what it is about polos that the animals love so much...not necessarily the mint cos other mints don't seem to be so tempting to them...in fact, butts, ears and pinching polos seems to be a doggy thing too.....
My sister's dog used to go mad for my mints. They lived in a cul de sac you couldn't drive into so I used to park down on the road, he new the sound of my car, his ears would prick up and he would come bounding out and before I was fully out of my car door he would have his nose in my pocket helping himself to the mints I had put there for him, Trebor extra strong. One little doggy who I guess never had bad breath, he is no longer with us but we still laugh about his mint addiction...and I no longer have mints

S

Sable_Jan

My sister's dog used to go mad for my mints. They lived in a cul de sac you couldn't drive into so I used to park down on the road, he new the sound of my car, his ears would prick up and he would come bounding out and before I was fully out of my car door he would have his nose in my pocket helping himself to the mints I had put there for him, Trebor extra strong. One little doggy who I guess never had bad breath, he is no longer with us but we still laugh about his mint addiction...and I no longer have mints
What lovely memories they give us....

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

@poohtiggy
Thanks for putting the hammer back, I hate it when people BORROW my tools and not replace them, especially the person who used my electric screwdriver and didn't put the battery on charge.
I realise I was a bit mean saying no Elephants, so if you want them they will be welcome.
BUT I WILL NOT::::
Build their house, I hate heights.
Put their collars and leads on and take them for a walk
Give them a bath.
Give them a pedicure and paint their toe nails
Shovel their s===t
NO NO NO NO NO.
Theirs a.ways one lol :hilarious: x

K

Kat100

Strange noone said it was theirs either......
Aw, they'll look so sweet in their new coats.....mayb leave their old ones in their nest boxes?
Yes, love egg mayo too....and its nice, the mayo bit, with KFC boneless chicken.....but don't say it too loud in earshot of shed chucks...... They think the C is for cheese ;)
Ummm veggie alert lol x

K

Kat100

Having a very relaxing summer in the sheds hammock , just watching the world go by ...
Reading , dreaming , sleeping, and doing my adult art work , just chilling out ... Let me know of someone else wants the hammock because I hope to have a lazy summer here x

S

Sable_Jan

Having a very relaxing summer in the sheds hammock , just watching the world go by ...
Reading , dreaming , sleeping, and doing my adult art work , just chilling out ... Let me know of someone else wants the hammock because I hope to have a lazy summer here x
s'ok, you keep it, I'd end up like something in some sort of cocoon but I'll have a bit of the nice weather....do keep seeing blues and fluffy whites but the back heavies are here more than they are....had half an inch of rain in ten minutes or less earlier.......

I'd come and join you at the shed but way too tired today......though I wouldn't have to keep boiling the tap water.....

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

s'ok, you keep it, I'd end up like something in some sort of cocoon but I'll have a bit of the nice weather....do keep seeing blues and fluffy whites but the back heavies are here more than they are....had half an inch of rain in ten minutes or less earlier.......

I'd come and join you at the shed but way too tired today......though I wouldn't have to keep boiling the tap water.....
Plenty of room in the hammock ... But those clouds mean I might have to take cover .. ;)
Keep on the water need , then you can rest when the need to boil is over ... You are doing a great job ..x

K

Kat100

Plenty of room in the hammock ... But those clouds mean I might have to take cover .. ;)
Keep on the water need , then you can rest when the need to boil is over ... You are doing a great job ..x
Just like the land girls :cat::cat::cat:

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks, just filled one of bowls with water that was still warm. Added contents of small ice cube tray but didn't cool it much.....Sassie took one drink and looked at me as I'd to say "what's this"! Good job we don't need to boil for chickens, donkeys, ponies at Shed.
@satindoll, any word from piggy rescue about those ex breeding sows? Good job we've already got the chickens.....tho guess the avian control area doesn't stretch that far....Oooh, wonder if there could be a link with this crypto stuff....from what I hear its crapto stuff cos they're thinking contaminated animal faeces has somehow gotten into water treatment plant....

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Doris and Mabel will be here first thing, Doris is the one with the wart on her ear and Mabel is the one with the black mark on her back that looks like a sadle, will let them choose their own arks and put their name plates on after.
Will see them settled then I have to be in town for an appointment so have asked Jem to make sure they are ok later in the day.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Doris and Mabel will be here first thing, Doris is the one with the wart on her ear and Mabel is the one with the black mark on her back that looks like a sadle, will let them choose their own arks and put their name plates on after.
Will see them settled then I have to be in town for an appointment so have asked Jem to make sure they are ok later in the day.
Can't wait to seem them. Is Jen the farmer or the son/grandson? I forget.... Those two "Aunt Bessie's" ladies are Doris and Mabel too aren't they?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't wait to seem them. Is Jen the farmer or the son/grandson? I forget.... Those two "Aunt Bessie's" ladies are Doris and Mabel too aren't they?

Yes that's where I got the idea for their names they just looked so much like them, they are in and settled gnoffed their grub and retired to arrange the straw in their respective arks, will pop back later to put their names up, left them off earlier in case they changed arks, Jem is the farm hand, such an obliging lad, he was very taken with the piggies and I think they will be spoilt by him, so no problem if we can't get here for a day or two, he seems to have taken to all the animals and they to him, so Jem by name and a Gem by nature.
We've got a goodun there. :happy:

K

Kat100

Just popped straw hats on Doris and Mabel , love them , they don't want heat stroke .. They look very cute , warts an all ..
Jem is a real sweetie ... Nice to know he is around , he,s good for security as well ... Keeping watch like he does ;)

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yes that's where I got the idea for their names they just looked so much like them, they are in and settled gnoffed their grub and retired to arrange the straw in their respective arks, will pop back later to put their names up, left them off earlier in case they changed arks, Jem is the farm hand, such an obliging lad, he was very taken with the piggies and I think they will be spoilt by him, so no problem if we can't get here for a day or two, he seems to have taken to all the animals and they to him, so Jem by name and a Gem by nature.
Of course, yes, he does a great job with all the mucking out too.....

S

Sable_Jan

Just popped straw hats on Doris and Mabel , love them , they don't want heat stroke .. They look very cute , warts an all ..
Jem is a real sweetie ... Nice to know he is around , he,s good for security as well ... Keeping watch like he does ;)
We must remember to keep it muddy enough too ... Just in case we get any scorching hot spells. Their skin burns,as easily as ours doesn't it....looks like last weeks forecast if hot spells for this week has turned into potential monsoons and storms....yesterday's heavy weather produced a mini monsoon but no thunder. Looks like there's a chance tonight so perhaps,as well am on time with doggies teas

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oooo, so exciting to have piggies arrive will have to nip over there tomorrow and see them, Jem sounds a real gem and at least we know the animals will be ok in our absence, can't wait to see piggies

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that corner of their run opposite the Dutch Barn should be just right for their mud bath, I chose that spot as it doesn't seem to dry out in the sun, even when we had that mini heat wave it was still over the wellies soggy and with the arks the other end of the run the mud should be contained in one spot.
@poohtiggy they aren't the most beautiful pigs in the world but they are friendly and if you scratch their ears they positively purr, watch out for Doris's wart though, the vet has promised to freeze it off once she is over her spaying in a couple of weeks, as he said one thing at a time.

Reactions: 6 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well that corner of their run opposite the Dutch Barn should be just right for their mud bath, I chose that spot as it doesn't seem to dry out in the sun, even when we had that mini heat wave it was still over the wellies soggy and with the arks the other end of the run the mud should be contained in one spot.
@poohtiggy they aren't the most beautiful pigs in the world but they are friendly and if you scratch their ears they positively purr, watch out for Doris's wart though, the vet has promised to freeze it off once she is over her spaying in a couple of weeks, as he said one thing at a time.
Well a pig's a pig and none of them would really win a beauty contest ,I just find them interesting creatures. Warts though,:nailbiting: I have a thing about warts so may have to hug Doris with my eyes closed