Regular moderate exercise log

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I walked for about an hour today. I wanted to run but my leg muscles still complaining about the weights two days ago!

Reactions: 4 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another leisurely bike ride (a few extra kms today), just over an hour on the kayak & a beach walk. Pretty sure the soft sand is not so great for my injured pinky toe but the tides won't do what I tell them & I can't not walk on the beach when the weather is so lovely!

Supposed to be rainy tomorrow :(

Reactions: 2 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had one of those days yesterday when dismal weather and too many interesting (and necessary) alternatives meant I did no exercise at all!

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About 4 and a half miles today think I could have done with a bit more.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 miles walking today but no walk after evening meal. Will be interesting to see what my blood sugar levels are in the morning.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing fun the last couple of days - weird will it/won't it weather! Doing yoga & trying to ensure I get at east 10, 000 steps a day but looking forward to a nice long walk in fresh sea air.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
About an hour's walking due to train delays - marched up and down platforms while waiting! Also lots of work related stair climbs.

Reactions: 6 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm building up to moving from a flat on one side of town to one on the other, and walking from one to the other yesterday hit my steps target for the day (and more) without even planning it! This is what I want it to be like. And once I start packing up boxes of books, it'll be a sort of weight lifting I'll be happy with, too.

Reactions: 8 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm building up to moving from a flat on one side of town to one on the other, and walking from one to the other yesterday hit my steps target for the day (and more) without even planning it! This is what I want it to be like. And once I start packing up boxes of books, it'll be a sort of weight lifting I'll be happy with, too.

Well done

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, that's real functional fitness, when it starts to make daily life easier. I have to say that I am sleeping much better since we started this thread, and I'm rarely tired during the day these days.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 miles walking today. Blood sugar was a little higher this morning without a short walk last night so did one tonight.

Reactions: 3 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10km walk this morning - hoping the weather holds & we can make it to the beach this afternoon. Slight neck thing going on (probably related to last weeks limping!) so no sudden movements for a few days :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Went out for dinner last night and up to 13.2 (ARGH) so did 45 min walk and down to 6.7. Today have done 30 mins walking so far but at a business lunch later and then stuck in meeting.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A second day of no planning for a long walk but going from one place to another to organise things, it all added up to the day's target steps. I realise that before, I'd have done part of that on a bus, and then got to a stage where I might have walked it all but would have felt whacked by the time I got home. Today, it all just felt fine. 10,890 steps / 5 miles.

Reactions: 7 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went out for dinner last night and up to 13.2 (ARGH) so did 45 min walk and down to 6.7. Today have done 30 mins walking so far but at a business lunch later and then stuck in meeting.

Are you T1 / T2, on medication? I never have to deal with anything above 9 - the highest reading I've had so far, and that only once or twice early on. I'm starting to understand how different we all are although we're all labelled diabetic.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Are you T1 / T2, on medication? I never have to deal with anything above 9 - the highest reading I've had so far, and that only once or twice early on. I'm starting to understand how different we all are although we're all labelled diabetic.
Lada, insulin from the start. I thought I'd covered the carbs but the restaurant had no nutritional values so I must have miscalculated and I don't like to correct close to bed because of hypo risk so walk it was rather than inject.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4 miles walking today so a bit less than usual but did my evening walk.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just walked for about 45 minutes yesterday. Need to do a bit more for the rest of the week.

Okitsme

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From being right lazy I've started walking the 6 km along the beach and back each day for the last 3 weeks . I found it rather easy and just up my pace each day. Today I bought some wrist weights for my arms, not sure they'll help but I figured whilst swinging my arms walking a little resistance must be good. The walking has had a profound effect on my levels. Although they could be lower( around 6.5), they are much more stable, I'm on low carbs as well as the walking. Hope to turn my walk into a jog as time goes on but the heat here where I live is a constant 32 C. So it is a little sweaty

Reactions: 7 people