1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reversing T2

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Adz444, Oct 28, 2017.

1. andcol

andcol I reversed my Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Although a little slow to the table... sorry about that... I would advocate doing a period of rapid weight loss using fasting mechanisms and then follow it up with a low carb (not necessarily very low carb). If you have a meter you can match the amount and types of carbs to what your body is capable of handling. The reason I suggest fasting (ND is a form but so is 5:2 and your milk) is that there is evidence that it has beneficial properties in helping the body recover.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Pipp

Pipp I reversed my Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

That works for me too ,@andcol. Lose weight when I fast or use very low calorie diet methods. Maintain loss and good BG levels by low carb, with enough fat. Can't cope with high levels of fat due to having no gall bladder and other digestive system problems. I have to restrict cream, cheese, fat from meat, oil , but nuts and full fat yogurt and milk, and avocado suit me fine.
    Individual differences and circumstances need to be considered. Only way to find out is to try and note results.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook