Sporty Forty.e t

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....45 minute walk at the usual time now I'm back at work and ten minutes, almost, of the bodyblade this evening now its cooler, hadn't done that for a little while, was the mention of it on here that made me think I should start it again, will try and do it every day as well as the walking...
Ah,@Pollylocks you have a bodyblade? Do you recommend it? I am looking for new exercise. Have been trying resistance bands. Ok, except for the exercises that need you to anchor the band to a door handle. Yeah right, my weight pulling on a band attached to the door handle. I have visions of launching said door handle like an Exocet missile.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look guys, you are all so enthusiastic, and I'm ......well me.......how do I get enthusiastic like you guys?

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I am doing it easy by comparison to some of you guys.
Don't know how you keep going with pain and the hot weather.

It's not too hot at ground level here and spraying keeps me cool. Poor Mr e is up scaffolding so he is scorchio. The pain is getting to me so may need some physio if it doesn't ease soon.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Look guys, you are all so enthusiastic, and I'm ......well me.......how do I get enthusiastic like you guys?

I'm not enthusiastic and often get on my bike under duress. What I am is overweight, diabetic and with higher BP than I or my GP like so I'm finding fear as good a motivator as you can get. I've made excuses for 20 years about my weight and lack,of exercise- I figure that I'd like another 20 yrs to make excuses about things so I have to get off my derrière the size of a small African state and peddle.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have to sometimes put yourself first. Find an activity you enjoy, then make the forty minutes a priority every day.
Took me a while to realise that if it was someone I loved that needed something, I would find a way to make sure they got it. Well are we (you and I) not worth that same consideration?
Also, when you get exercising, doing something you enjoy, it becomes addictive, in much the same way as food does. Although I like food addiction, exercise addiction is better for me physically and mentally.

Reactions: 7 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not too hot at ground level here and spraying keeps me cool. Poor Mr e is up scaffolding so he is scorchio. The pain is getting to me so may need some physio if it doesn't ease soon.
Hope it gets better soon. Well done to you for continuing exercise. As if all that bucket carrying isn't enough.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it gets better soon. Well done to you for continuing exercise. As if all that bucket carrying isn't enough.

Thanks. I figure if I exercise gently it will be helping it.. Added a load of physio stretches today and it does seem less aching tonight. Apparently frozen shoulder is a common problem in diabetics.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Are you just in a bit of a slump do you think? You've had a lot going on recently - perhaps you need to cut yourself a bit of slack and not worry so much about what you're not doing, and focus on all the good things you are doing - which includes giving all of us encouragement to keep going.:)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK so there's something I've been meaning to say ever since @Pollylocks was brave a while back. This is something I am extremely ashamed of. The reason I haven't exercised much this week is 'cos I've had other things to sort out. On Friday it was hot and I was thirsty so I had 2 cans of cider and one of lager. That's not OK because I shouldn't be drinking at all because I have a problem with alcohol. So I've not been exercising because I've had to sort myself out and stop again. Then I had to start sorting my BG's again....5.5 a few mins ago. So now those two things are under control again I'm back with the exercise as from tomorrow. I hope you can all understand me a bit better and why I am so inconsistent sometimes now. I just can't push myself on so many fronts at once because I crumble

Reactions: 6 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks. I figure if I exercise gently it will be helping it.. Added a load of physio stretches today and it does seem less aching tonight. Apparently frozen shoulder is a common problem in diabetics.
Have you used one of these? I've used something similar before now and it certainly relieves pain. Gets jolly hot mind you (perhaps not something that appeals in this weather). Anyway, it might be worth considering if it doesn't seem to be improving.x
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aofeite-Magnetic-Shoulder-Support/dp/6030566156

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh love,
You have been on an emotional roller coaster. Something has to give at some point.

So you had a bit of a wobble - what's great is that you're still here on the forum sharing and you haven't gone radio silent and started down a slippery slope. That is a major positive and you should feel proud of yourself for fighting that.

Chin up girl and suck it up - you're stronger than you think. Tomorrow is another day full of possibilities. You are one fantastic lady with loads of potential and you owe it to yourself to be the best that you can be.
We'll be here supporting you all the way!
Becky.x

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm not enthusiastic and often get on my bike under duress. What I am is overweight, diabetic and with higher BP than I or my GP like so I'm finding fear as good a motivator as you can get. I've made excuses for 20 years about my weight and lack,of exercise- I figure that I'd like another 20 yrs to make excuses about things so I have to get off my derrière the size of a small African state and peddle.

Cold ethyl I think that sums it up for me.
I'm not long home. Watching opening of commonwealth games.
Family have gone to neighbours but im tired. After catching up with these posts I am motivated and I'm going to nightie dance to the music. ..slowly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Hey @zand you shouldn't be ashamed and good on you girl for telling us...you're such a strong person and I think you can achieve more than you think you can....by the way I still think you should be a writer....:D

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Phewwww caught up with it all.
Have put on 6lb but don't know how much is post flight fliud ...
I am so glad I have you lot . I am now going to move for 40 minutes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Attachments

• 1406147863745.jpg
    1406147863745.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK so there's something I've been meaning to say ever since @Pollylocks was brave a while back. This is something I am extremely ashamed of. The reason I haven't exercised much this week is 'cos I've had other things to sort out. On Friday it was hot and I was thirsty so I had 2 cans of cider and one of lager. That's not OK because I shouldn't be drinking at all because I have a problem with alcohol. So I've not been exercising because I've had to sort myself out and stop again. Then I had to start sorting my BG's again....5.5 a few mins ago. So now those two things are under control again I'm back with the exercise as from tomorrow. I hope you can all understand me a bit better and why I am so inconsistent sometimes now. I just can't push myself on so many fronts at once because I crumble
Maybe you do crumble, @zand but you can and do put yourself together again. That was a brave thing you did revealing your problem with alcohol on forum.
Hope exercising can lift you up again.

Reactions: 5 people