Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Phewwww caught up with it all.
Have put on 6lb but don't know how much is post flight fliud ...
I am so glad I have you lot . I am now going to move for 40 minutes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hey are you home? Welcome back.
You will soon cycle the excess weight/fluid away.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Attachments

• 1406148078047.jpg
    1406148078047.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jamrox, glad you had good hols. I haven't been to Dubrovnik, and where the bleep is Kotor? Welcome back anyway!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Attachments

• 1406148162818.jpg
    1406148162818.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 1406148210380.jpg
    1406148210380.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 142

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Welcome home Jamrox, hope we haven't made too much of a mess while you've been away.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Welcome home @Jamrox !!:joyful::D:cool::happy:
Hope you had a fantastic time! Wonderful photos - that was like a whirlwind mini break just looking through those!

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Ah,@Pollylocks you have a bodyblade? Do you recommend it? I am looking for new exercise. Have been trying resistance bands. Ok, except for the exercises that need you to anchor the band to a door handle. Yeah right, my weight pulling on a band attached to the door handle. I have visions of launching said door handle like an Exocet missile.

...I've had a bodyblade for ages @Pipp, it was stuck in the cupboard till I joined when we used to be New You in 42....its great fun, takes a while to get used to though, the co-ordination, it takes you over first of all until you get into the habit of it.....you stand or sit still when you use it but don't let that fool you, it will give you a bloody good workout lol......I can't manage more than ten minutes and as far as I remember, they recommend a couple of minutes when you first start..

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...I've had a bodyblade for ages @Pipp, it was stuck in the cupboard till I joined when we used to be New You in 42....its great fun, takes a while to get used to though, the co-ordination, it takes you over first of all until you get into the habit of it.....you stand or sit still when you use it but don't let that fool you, it will give you a bloody good workout lol......I can't manage more than ten minutes and as far as I remember, they recommend a couple of minutes when you first start..
Thanks @Pollylocks.
Will have a chat with physio next week and maybe invest in one. I like the sound of exercise without moving my feet!
I am also curious about a piece of equipment in the local sport centre gym. (I can't believe I am considering going to such a torture chamber). Does anyone know what a power plate is, and what it does?

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
..welcome home Jamrox, just seen you're back as there've been so many posts flying around in here that I only found out a few minutes ago..!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK Jamrox....we've all been as good as gold while you've been away...........;)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I'm not enthusiastic and often get on my bike under duress. What I am is overweight, diabetic and with higher BP than I or my GP like so I'm finding fear as good a motivator as you can get. I've made excuses for 20 years about my weight and lack,of exercise- I figure that I'd like another 20 yrs to make excuses about things so I have to get off my derrière the size of a small African state and peddle.
Oh I so empathise!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OK so there's something I've been meaning to say ever since @Pollylocks was brave a while back. This is something I am extremely ashamed of. The reason I haven't exercised much this week is 'cos I've had other things to sort out. On Friday it was hot and I was thirsty so I had 2 cans of cider and one of lager. That's not OK because I shouldn't be drinking at all because I have a problem with alcohol. So I've not been exercising because I've had to sort myself out and stop again. Then I had to start sorting my BG's again....5.5 a few mins ago. So now those two things are under control again I'm back with the exercise as from tomorrow. I hope you can all understand me a bit better and why I am so inconsistent sometimes now. I just can't push myself on so many fronts at once because I crumble
I think it's called being human, Zand! I do not care for exercise either! Unless it's walking on my own listening to music!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cold ethyl I think that sums it up for me.
I'm not long home. Watching opening of commonwealth games.
Family have gone to neighbours but im tired. After catching up with these posts I am motivated and I'm going to nightie dance to the music. ..slowly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Good to have you back jamrox!