Sporty Forty.e t

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
@aqualung ouch! If you limped back it shouldn't hopefully be too serious, some anti-inflammatories, maybe arnica cream, and rest should sort it out.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early morning walk this morning (well 9 am but usually hubbie does the walk at that time) as I was walking with a friend. Was going great until I stepped in a hole in one of the fields and twisted my ankle. I couldn't put any weight on it but that eased off a bit and I limped the rest of the way. We were about half way round so I had to carry on or go back. It is a bit swollen but not alot it just hurts now and I am still limping. Will see how it is tomorrow
Owwww! @aqualung . Foot up with ice pack sounds right for now. Rest and chair exercises until it feels better.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Early morning walk this morning (well 9 am but usually hubbie does the walk at that time) as I was walking with a friend. Was going great until I stepped in a hole in one of the fields and twisted my ankle. I couldn't put any weight on it but that eased off a bit and I limped the rest of the way. We were about half way round so I had to carry on or go back. It is a bit swollen but not alot it just hurts now and I am still limping. Will see how it is tomorrow

ouch. we all seem to be in the wars these days. Hope it soon mends x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be in credit for weeks then ;-) Just done three hours on the wall of doom- being very short I am stretching all the time and nasty Mr Ethyl made me use a ladder today. It's my 27th wedding anniversary- being covered in lime wash wasn't what I had in mind as a special treat.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No don't go back......but how about making the next one 'inertly for thirty'? ....Now that I could manage.:)

Reactions: 8 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I sprained my ankle by stepping in a hole on an uneven track which was bound to happen one day. I am now sitting on the settee with my feet up and an ice pack!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's fine, just noticed people were having more aches and pains

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mine isn't exercise related as I haven't been doing much with my arms. It actually tells you to do exercise if you have a bad shoulder and when my fibromyalgia was really bad, the chiropractor said I had to keep mobile otherwise everything goes to pot. I just wish that post wall of doom there was an attractive man in a loincloth to fan me down and feed me frozen grapes( just a few!)

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so this morning all I could manage was 10minutes walking, so I have done 3 more x 10 mins this afternoon. I am quite pleased with myself because it took lots more effort than all of yesterday's exercise:)

Reactions: 7 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok so this morning all I could manage was 10minutes walking, so I have done 3 more x 10 mins this afternoon. I am quite pleased with myself because it took lots more effort than all of yesterday's exercise:)
Well done @zand , coz I know you didn't feel like it, so extra credit for persistence.

Reactions: 4 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.

....you're on track then zand we've all moved on from thirty to sporty forty and some are often more than a nifty fifty............not me today though, did exactly 40 minutes' walk then back to the grindstone...;)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Lol don't want anyone injured

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I don't think anyone is getting hurt because of the challenge as such Jamrox, it's just incidental. I'm happy to report that my 45 minute walk today has helped with my back considerably to the extent that it's no longer a painful challenge to get out of a chair or sofa. I can still feel it but touch wood I won't have to pay the chiropractor a visit.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
thanks- I;m off to bed with a broom shank shortly as that is one of the exercises for a frozen shoulder. I can feel my good shoulder niggling too which is how this one started - guess your whole body gets out of alignment when one side is being overcompensated for. At least it means Mr E put the joint in the oven for me!
What I earth do you do with the broom shank?! Dare I ask!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just seen this! Get better soon! Still, awesome weight loss on other thread! :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'd be in credit for weeks then ;-) Just done three hours on the wall of doom- being very short I am stretching all the time and nasty Mr Ethyl made me use a ladder today. It's my 27th wedding anniversary- being covered in lime wash wasn't what I had in mind as a special treat.
Hope he's taking you out for dinner!