The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Another big scream to add to my post #786. After returning home from an hospital appointment yesterday, said builders van was once again parked in my disabled bay. My husband was absolutely furious as there were plenty of other parking spaces and he still parked in bay. My husband done something he's not done before, he parked up so close to the back of the van so that the doors couldn't be open. Just as we were about to get out of car the builder came out of the house he's working in and saw how we'd parked, glared at us and stood there shaking his head. I then got angry, grabbed my blue badge and showed it to him. He gestured that he would move so hubby reversed to let him out and we pulled into bay. I normally use my crutches to get from car to house but my husband said I'm getting your wheelchair out of the boot and pushing you to house. The builder was standing at the back of his van glaring and just shaking his head at us. *** he was the one in the wrong yet it looked like he thought it was us. In hindsight maybe my husband shouldn't of parked so close to the back of his van but he shouldn't of parked there. He's lucky, I could of quite easily reported him then he would of have a £1000 on the spot fine for illegally parking....maybe next time he does it...
GO GIRL Nicola, and hubby....well done Mr Nicola I stand,and applaud you :):):):):):)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

He's parked out there now on double yellow lines!!!! He can't park in the bay today as my husband has gone to work in his little mini. It will be interesting to see if he parks in it again though when the bay is empty. If he had of said something yesterday I would of told him that I could of reportied him and he would be fined for parking there but he didn't speak. Plain ruddy ignorance
You could always take photo of him on double yellows......numberplate clearly visible.....just in case....;) and same if he does violate your bay again too......make sure your time stamp is on....EVIDENCE

Reactions: 10 people
N

NicolaB70

You could always take photo of him on double yellows......numberplate clearly visible.....just in case....;) and same if he does violate your bay again too......make sure your time stamp is on....EVIDENCE
He's ******** off now. But if I see him do it again I will take a photo.

Reactions: 8 people
C

chris lowe

Someone said some things to me last night that were upsetting, I don't want to go into it really. I have just tried really hard to rise above it, put it out of my mind etc. But I didn't get to sleep until 2am then woke up at 6am and now I feel yuck. I have a chronic pain and fatigue condition, and stress makes it flare up, so I try really hard to avoid situations like this. And to use reason and logic and to speak up for myself... it fell on deaf ears this time.

In the past I would have taken some medication that I have on hand for anxiety (quetiapine) but while the stuff is great for anxiety it is pants for blood sugar. It causes intense carb cravings (for me) and I have been doing so well in the last 10 days restarting LCHF after a long break from it. I've already lost 2kg (4lb), and have been feeling much better than when I was eating lots of carbs.

I wasn't going to let another person's behaviour drive me towards carbs. So yay me for being strong, right? :)

I am going to have some berries, full fat greek yoghurt, ground flaxseeds, and thickened cream for breakfast, that always cheers me up, lol.

Thanks for your support, guys. In terms of managing my blood sugars I don't know what I would do without this site.
The problem is theirs, not yours. Try imagining a big balloon with all their nasty comments in it then just let it go up & away

S

Sable_Jan

The problem is theirs, not yours. Try imagining a big balloon with all their nasty comments in it then just let it go up & away
That reminds me of what someone said if you're in a long boring meeting with pompous folk you can't stand....imagine them in fishnets and Basques a la Rocky Horror ..... ;)

C

chris lowe

That reminds me of what someone said if you're in a long boring meeting with pompous folk you can't stand....imagine them in fishnets and Basques a la Rocky Horror ..... ;)
Naked sitting on the loo, but remember not to let your smirk show

Reactions: 12 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just one statement......WINDOWS 10 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.....needs putting in a skip and dumping at the bottom of the deepest ocean :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Just one statement......WINDOWS 10 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.....needs putting in a skip and dumping at the bottom of the deepest ocean :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
Erm, I've been postponing the upgrade cos I've always been n the middle if something when the reminder has popped up.....mayb I'll stick to 8.1 (was there ever a 9:confused:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
British Rail, omg. Today, got onto the 11.16 am train ( one stop, 10 minutes on the train) but it was 12 minutes late. We sat down, no one in our compartment, kept looking around, I said something doesn't 'feel' right. lets move to another one. Other passengers were there, still waiting then THE announcement,came
" the train is delayed for 30 to 40 minutes because of problems nearer London ( the train before that was 53 minutes late), the train crew didn't have their allocated break, so they had their break at our station.:banghead: About 20 minutes later another announcement,' the train we are sitting on will not be going to A>( our stop) B> or C and will now go from D straight through to London.:arghh: So we got off the train to get the 12.16pm train..................... no, that train was delayed, but the guard ( Melanie) didn't know by how much and if that crew would need a break as well. So it was suggested we could go to another station ( Woking) 20 minutes away and get a train back to where we were supposed to be going(if it turned up). A man asked us were we and 3 others were going, so it was decided we all share a taxi, which would cost about £35.00 so we gave £10,00. One guy had been to Milton Keynes last night to watch The Foo Fighters and had been on may trains, lady from Oxford and another man from our town. We eventually got to see my granddaughter and because of the all the upheaval, when my adult daughters came back he gave us a lift home in his works van. Melaine, the guard, was very helpful but apologetic and seemed quite frustrated with what was going on. She gave us a card if we wanted to voice our concerns, by email, phone or in writing. to customer services and I will be doing that later tonight. Some one said it was due to immigrants straying onto the line !!??
My granddaughter had a lovely day and loved all of her presents ( one was a Frozen dressing up dress). Next time we will go on a Saturday and get the bus as there is a bus stop outside the train station.
Sorry for the essay :oops: but I could just :arghh: at times.

Reactions: 15 people
S

Sable_Jan

British Rail, omg. Today, got onto the 11.16 am train ( one stop, 10 minutes on the train) but it was 12 minutes late. We sat down, no one in our compartment, kept looking around, I said something doesn't 'feel' right. lets move to another one. Other passengers were there, still waiting then THE announcement,came
" the train is delayed for 30 to 40 minutes because of problems nearer London ( the train before that was 53 minutes late), the train crew didn't have their allocated break, so they had their break at our station.:banghead: About 20 minutes later another announcement,' the train we are sitting on will not be going to A>( our stop) B> or C and will now go from D straight through to London.:arghh: So we got off the train to get the 12.16pm train..................... no, that train was delayed, but the guard ( Melanie) didn't know by how much and if that crew would need a break as well. So it was suggested we could go to another station ( Woking) 20 minutes away and get a train back to where we were supposed to be going(if it turned up). A man asked us were we and 3 others were going, so it was decided we all share a taxi, which would cost about £35.00 so we gave £10,00. One guy had been to Milton Keynes last night to watch The Foo Fighters and had been on may trains, lady from Oxford and another man from our town. We eventually got to see my granddaughter and because of the all the upheaval, when my adult daughters came back he gave us a lift home in his works van. Melaine, the guard, was very helpful but apologetic and seemed quite frustrated with what was going on. She gave us a card if we wanted to voice our concerns, by email, phone or in writing. to customer services and I will be doing that later tonight. Some one said it was due to immigrants straying onto the line !!??
My granddaughter had a lovely day and loved all of her presents ( one was a Frozen dressing up dress). Next time we will go on a Saturday and get the bus as there is a bus stop outside the train station.
I don't like trains,EVEN MORE now.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I can honestly say I haven't found fault with Scotrail when using it. Generally on time, clean, fast and a pleasant journey. Must be a regional thing. :)

S

Sable_Jan

No apology necessary....have you done your complaint form now?

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, no not yet, my teen and I feel asleep on the sofa's tonight, her's was because of a late night sleep over at her friends last night and mine well, is probably old age catching up or the frustration of the trains today :rolleyes:

C

chris lowe

You should be able to claim your fare back but they would prob want a receipt for taxi. Don't let them fob you off

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You should be able to claim your fare back but they would prob want a receipt for taxi. Don't let them fob you off

Thanks Chris, but we were the first to get off, then the others went further. We all got cards given to us, so hoping the others have complained as well. Granddaughter had a nice birthday and loved all of her presents, I couldn't not go.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Emailed my complaint on their complaints form, just told them what happened and I will wait in anticipation and hope for a positive outcome from SW trains,:rolleyes::wideyed:

Reactions: 4 people