Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning @karen8967, I'm only two days behind! How are you doing? It's good to see some people still posting on this thread though I do wonder where lots of them have gone now...

Reactions: karen8967

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is this the new way drs are working now - haha??! They have some secret way of knowing your symptoms almost as soon as you do? Yesterday I received a course of antibiotics for a uti, right antibiotics but I'd never asked for them. The weird thing is I think I may be starting with one!! Checked online to make sure the chemist hadn't delivered it to me by mistake but no, it was there on my records.

I agree @hh1 such a shame more people aren't posting on here

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Have a fab time @karen8967; hope the weather's good. We've got much cooler temperatures here now, and rain, though I'm not complaining at all. I don't do well when it's really hot; I get heat rash if I'm not careful and it plays hell with my bgs. We also need rain badly so I'm prerry positive about the change.

Have a great weekend all, hope you're all doing something you want to and that you recover fast with your predictive antibiotics @Hopeful34 ;)

Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lovely to hear you're on holiday @karen8967 , hope you have a great time.

I'm like you @hh1 and don't do well in the heat, so have welcomed the cooler weather we've had.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend, and thanks @hh1

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I had a very high carb meal but I have the exact same thing every Saturday, so I have it down pretty good of what to take. My hubby did bring home a piece of coconut cake, but I only took a couple of bites of it and added a good dose for it. But my BG level is shooting up and I am wondering what the heck is going on? I haven’t hit my pod, so I was pretty sure that wasn’t it. But what ??? So I get on my bike and then it dawns on me, he also brought home pumpkin soup that they are trying out. I had a bowl of it… and I never added any dosing for it. Completely no thought about it.

Sigh, it’s not the first time and I’m sure it won’t be the last. But it’s amazing I can just completely blank on something I have to do all day every day. Well, the bikes stopped the rise already, hopefully that means it wasn’t that high carb and my BG level isn’t going to go through the roof.

• Hug
Reactions: hh1 and Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's so easy to forget to count carbs for something that's been added to a meal you have regularly @Marie 2 Hope your bg's didn't go any higher. Having diabetes certainly turns us into detectives.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh who hasn't forgotten to inject for something sometime - and more than once over time! I feel for you @Marie 2, and admire your physical solution to bringing bgs down afterwards - I just inject later :D (but then I don't have an exercise bike - or that's my excuse!)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I'm watching Top Chef and the challenge is to create a dish focused on rice, any type of rice for a hundred people and the judges. Wow, I can't even imagine trying to dose for 16 different dishes involving rice virtually eaten at the same time.

The first quick fire challenge was making a topping for Ritz crackers... I am now having Ritz crackers (a vegan similar one).
Watching these shows when I am hungry is probably not a good idea, I am trending lower so just a few.... :angelic:
:angelic:

• Funny

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I very rarely have rice @Marie 2 as despite trying different ways to dose for it, it never seems to work very well, and it's just easier not to have it.

Had some Ritz crackers earlier though

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning everyone, hope you're all well and have got something nice to look forward to doing over the weekend. Sunny here now, but thunderstorms due after lunch. My arthritis is certainly telling me we're due rain soon!!

• Hug
Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I fell over a week ago (tripped up by my dog) and landed heavily on my knee. X ray showed nothing but it hurts like hell and I thiink the wet weather's made that worse. Unlike arthritis I fully expect it to get better eventually, unlike arthritis - so I feel for you @Hopeful34!
I have a friend of many years staying for a few days and she has athritic knees, so we've been doing very little except chilling out, talking non-stop and occasionally ambling off somewhere at a very sedate pace! Hope you're all having a good weeken whatever your weather!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 You might have torn your cartilage. When I hurt my knee years ago, they took x-rays and nothing showed up. But it kept hurting so they sent me for a MRI and that's what showed my torn cartilage in my knee.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Marie 2, sadly the cartilage was already torn! I was concerned because the pain moved around to the bottom of my knee and I wondered if I'd chipped a piece of bone and it'd moved. Apparently not, I just think I've probably torn the cartilage a bit more and bruised the whole thing. It'll improve I'm sure, it'll just be sloooooow (like my walking right now :D)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 I cracked the inside of my kneecap too which also didn’t show up until I had surgery. I forgot about that until you said you were worried about it. They were suspicious from something that showed up on the MRI before surgery though as they said I had to be knocked out completely in case they had to work on my bone. None of it showed up in the x ray. It was hiding. Although x rays are better nowadays I think? The crack didn’t go all the way through. It was just on the inside of the kneecap. That also caused my cartilage to tear up more.

Keep it in mind if it doesn’t get better.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @hh1 Sorry you've hurt your knee, the trouble is there's no flesh to provide any sort of padding to our knees, so they take the full impact when we fall, so definitely an ouch injury!! Hope it heals up quicker than you're expecting. Glad you've got company for a few days. Take care xx

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 thanks for that and I will bear it in mind if it doesn't get better in a sensible time; and thanks for your good wishes @ Hopeful34. I'm off to Bournemouth with a friend on Tuesday to an all-standing gig so hope it survives that, it's a band I'm really excited to see :happy: