13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Oh well done Johnny. That is a huge achievement to make such a large reduction in your weight- congratulations. Also your blood glucose reading is very good this evening, in the non-diabetic range. It's good that your HIF is helping you too. You are doing very well today I think @johnnybaker45

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
That makes more sense! There was me jumping to the wrong conclusions!
Don't worry, no you're not, it was the way I phrased my post. Hope you have had a good day and enjoy the rest of your evening.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@liam1955 that's wonderful news for you and R! Brilliant. So very exciting. :)

I spent yesterday digging. Today I went back to Eastfield garden centre at Bridlington. So tomorrow must be a planting day. The weather is wonderful.
@mo53 we have family in Bridlington. They watched the new dad's army movie been shot. Very interesting to see pics on their fb accounts.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hey, that would be nice if you @ickihun could come to visit your family in Bridlington. We could come from York and @mo53 travel from Scarborough and @13lizanne get a fast train from Scotland and we all meet up and have a 'Ball' in sunny Bridlington!! Don't think they could cope with all us at any one time:D

Last edited by a moderator:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sounds like a plan William. Did you hear about your injections yet?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No @13lizanne - York Hospital is supposed to be faxing the prescription to Novartis drug Company in the morning Anna, and then I will get a phone call at some point tomorrow to arrange delivery, hopefully on Friday? What do you reckon?

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hope so, is your next injections due next Tuesday?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope so, is your next injections due next Tuesday?

Yes - due on Tuesday. Have had 4 lots over last 4 weeks and as from next week it becomes on a monthly basis, as yet there's no improvement, today it's been stiffness/ache down the back of neck and across shoulders ALL day.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - What kind of plants, shrubs have you bought for the garden? Hopefully, in a couple of weeks we will be going to visit Burton Agnes Hall and Garden, then onto Bridlington for Fish, Chips & Mushy Peas and if there's time we shall visit Eastfields Garden Centre?
Hope it's good weather tomorrow for you to get planting up the garden. Are you finding time to go Swimming still?:)

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely spring morning here.

I have just tested at 6.9 And am about to get dressed And go off to a meeting with the Ofsted inspectors!

Hopefully BS levels will not rise too much after this!

Have a good one all!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking like a top day over the Tay this morning.
4.7 am, light cod in tom sauce with a salad last night, better than the haddock fest of the night before. Managed a swim, knackering, and a walk in the afternoon but no exercises in the evening.
Normal day today, go to work at 08:30, which is nice.
pip pip

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Good morning all, off in 20 mins dong school run as usual have a good day everyone. :)

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
I had 6 jacket potatoes with salt and pepper last night at 8:30 pm and this morning upon waking my fasting blood glucose was 6.5.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi all Ron is still no better this morning but has still gone to work , yet he wont let me go .

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 your visit to Burton Agnes sounds like a really good day. I haven't been swimming since Saturday. I have bought perennials and some spreading ground cover plants. The new bed has a laurel bush on the centre. It had been allowed to get well and truly out of control by the previous owner and was massive. We had it doctored and then we took out some of the lower branches to tidy it up further. One plant which I loved was a night scented stock with the tiniest of white flowers with little red edges. For such a tiny plant the scent is amazing. My morning bs was high again today so cheese tonight. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, I am stopping the Dapagliflozin (again) as from today. Didn't wee much yesterday and my urine this morning was ' on fire' - I think after 9 months of taking it, it has done what it had to do: lower HBA1C and weight loss. No more weight has been lost and I remain the same weight since January.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - You have worked very hard on getting your garden "ship-ship's, but do be careful and look after your back. I limit myself to 2 hours at any one time usually, but I have not done anything in the garden or the Allotment for about a year now, except walk around and look at everything. Poor R does everything and he says he enjoys it and he gets regular coffee & biscuits brought out to him. When weather is nice I make a light lunch and we eat it in the garden at the table and bench. Have a couple of hours off Mo and take yourself Swimming - you do enjoy that and it will probably 'loosening' your back up. My day is waiting by the phone to hear if York Hospital has faxed the prescription to the drug company who supplies my Injections, and then hopefully get a delivery arranged for Friday. Have a lovely day:)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, I am stopping the Dapagliflozin (again) as from today. Didn't wee much yesterday and my urine this morning was ' on fire' - I think after 9 months of taking it, it has done what it had to do: lower HBA1C and weight loss. No more weight has been lost and I remain the same weight since January.:)
Morning, if you don't mind be butting in you said that your 'wee was on fire this morning'. Have you checked yourself for thrush? Diabetics ate more prone to get thrush, even men. That is not somethink you want, it's harder to get rid of for us diabetics. Hope your well otherwise

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have heard that when Insulin is stopped Blood Sugars can go really high. But, then I would think the Consultant would decrease the Insulin amount slowly over a few days and at the same time start you on Metformin and increase that until the required dosage is attained. I hope it works - keep us updated on this progress.
I think what you said maybe right, my doctor told me when I stop gliclazide my sugars will go up but after about 6 months they will check and adjust my metformin by increasing it, I know my medice is different would maybe they all have similar effect