Type 2 Life

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20/4/16. Hi Folks.:) Here's a bit of useless information - today 16 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2. And there's more, just found out last night I am going to be a Step-Granddad in October. (My 1st time):)
Congratulations!!! How exciting. And lucky baby to have a lovely step grandad like you. My kids have a step grandmother and they love her just as much as their 2 blood-relayed grandmothers (actually, they are much fonder of her than they are of one of their other grandmothers! ). When is the baby due?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Thanks @ickihun - I don't mind babies & toddlers at all. It's children that annoy me who have bad manners towards Parents and other people!

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@TooManyCrisps - Hi. Thanks for your lovely comment. It's due 21st October ( step-daughters birthday is 19th October) - but, usually with your first you can go over up to 14 days, and November is free from birthdays, anniversaries, etc. She said at the wedding last year she wanted at least 5 children! :)

Reactions: 5 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had some
@maureen5752 - That's a coincidence I was just looking at Yoghurt Makers on Amazon - thinking of buying one to make my own. Would be interested to hear how you make yoghurt? Is it a simple procedure? I really prefer just plain yoghurt myself don't like all these flavoured ones because of the sugar content. Step-Daughter & Hubby visited us last evening and gave us a scan photo, she is 14 -15 weeks and think? It may well be a Girl as she has had NO morning sickness at all. My partner is thrilled at being a Grandparent at 54 (55 in June). Yes thanks, I am good today.:)
l learnt how to make yoghurt in Iran, all you need is milk and some live yoghurt. Biol the milk, use your little finger to check tempteture, just nice to the touch, warm, stir in spoonful live yogurt, I use 2 spoonfuls as I like very thick yoghurt, cover with thick tea towel or towel till you see it starts to set them pop in fridge, a towel speeds the process cos it's keeps the milk warm, just make small amount while your practicing, I only eat natural yoghurt also, used to hate yoghurt now I could live on it, as yoghurt is classed as a cold food best not to eat with fish as it can make you tired, always best to eat couple of dates with yoghurt as they are classed as 'warm foods' to balance it, good luck

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i was gonna be a grandma this year, first time but sadly things didn't work out so I wish you well & good luck, the baby will certainly keep you busy, all that spioling and baby sitting! Your in for some fun!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1995 forgot to say if you make your own yoghurt biol milk in steel pan so milk doesn't burn ok

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @mo53 - Have you been busy in your garden today? Just wondering how many Lidl rolls you have left? (If any!!):D

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good afternoon Mr. Soon-to-be-grandpa @liam1955 what are you up to? Hubby and I have been to our sons services revue and everything was very positive. It's actually 18 degrees now after a frosty start so hubby's in the garden while I'm making dinner. Looking forward to our evening walk.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Afternoon Mrs Anna - @13lizanne - That is good news about your Son's review. Do You and Hubby have input into the review about care plan? It's glorious here too, last couple of days been wearing short sleeved T-shirts as it is so warm. Spent the last hour ringing the hospital, ringing drug company and ringing homecare company, had the last injection on Tuesday (batch of 4) and ought to have had another delivery by now. So, got to wait by the phone tomorrow to find out if York Hospital has faxed through to Drug Company another prescription! It's a good job I am on the ball! But, it could be stressful for some people. R is thrilled to bits he's going to a Grandad at 54 (55 in June) and his Mum and Dad going to be a Great Grandparents and their 1st Great Grandchild are thrilled also.:)

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
It may seem high to you but, despite being on lchf, and having (relatively) good day time nunbers, I am very rarely below 7 in the morning. In fact, if Id eaten chocolate and crisps the night before I dread to think what my morning reading would be - certainly a lot higher than 7.2!

Have a good day, and I'm sure your reading tomorrow morning will be lower (and if it is, I promise to try not to be jealous!).
Sorry I did not phrase my post right this morning. I should have said that I was shocked that it wasn't higher, I certainly was expecting to be a lot higher than what it was. Sending hugs and best wishes.

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @liam1955 yes, we have almost total control over who cares for our boy and work with them to decide his service plan. We are so lucky to have great staff working on his "team" who really do seem to care for our son and want the best for him. Hope your delivery of next lot of injections arrive ok and on time. Congratulations to your o/h and to all the family on the wonderful news

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @liam1955 yes, we have almost total control over who cares for our boy and work with them to decide his service plan. We are so lucky to have great staff working on his "team" who really do seem to care for our son and want the best for him. Hope your delivery of next lot of injections arrive ok

That in itself is reassuring to know and must give you as Parents peace of mind that he is receiving the best quality of care.:) Wmxx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hello @Diamum5972 - Thank You, what a really nice comment :). I like your Blood Pressure reading and well done on your weight loss, every bit helps. Enjoy your Pub Lunch today:)
Thanks William, we had a lovely day. Funnily enough one of my friends has just found out she's going to be a grandmother! Her daughter is due in December so it looks like I have plenty of winter baby knitting on the cards :)

I was very good, I had a skinny chicken burger with salad instead of chips and I only ate the bottom half of the bun. Pre lunch reading 6.5, 2 hour pp 7.0! I'm chuffed with that :D

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Rons in a lot of pain tonight so has come in from work quick bite to eat and has taken himself of to bed.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 that's wonderful news for you and R! Brilliant. So very exciting. :)

I spent yesterday digging. Today I went back to Eastfield garden centre at Bridlington. So tomorrow must be a planting day. The weather is wonderful.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I did not phrase my post right this morning. I should have said that I was shocked that it wasn't higher, I certainly was expecting to be a lot higher than what it was. Sending hugs and best wishes.
That makes more sense! There was me jumping to the wrong conclusions!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Give him our very best wishes Tina, is it his legs?
legs, hip . He's in so much pain He has put up what he thinks it is , its just a case now of getting it checked out .

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
I saw my Health Improvement Facilitator from the Early Intervention and Prevention Service, an NHS-funded resource in my area, and informed her of the complexities of my friendship with certain friends in my social network who have made me susceptible to moderate to severe financial abuse pertaining to ideation manifest in my autistic spectrum disorder and she is going to flag it up with my GP and Care Coordinator. She also weighed me and I have some very encouraging news to impart. I'm down from 90 kg to 82 kg and according to my kilos to stones and pounds converter online that is approximately 12 stones and 12 pounds as my body weight which gives me a bmi of 29, still in the overweight category, but no longer classified as obese. I haven't eaten very much today oweing to no appetite and minimal food supplies but my Health Improvement Facilitator did give to me a small boiled egg ciabatta with some salady substance known as rocket. My blood sugar at 7:46 pm is:- 4.9.