Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The lergies have hit!
10yr old then 3yr old, their daddy then last but not least... me! :(
Home sick today :(
Hope everyone is out and about keeping their bgs low. I've postponed my attempts til tomorrow.
Very windy out there again today!

It makes sense all the sleeping 2 days ago now. Fbg up but luckily still in 5s. Phew!
Nurse told me last week to expect another hospital stay until health improves.
I'm running away next winter to a warmer climate. The winter's are killing me.
Isn't it the first day of spring today?

Fingers crossed for a milder 24hrs in the tummy region. Lots to do tomorrow.
Bless my partner he's my minder today. His choice. He hates sick. Yuck!

Reactions: Freema

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I had a funny turn last week!
About 5-ish, a good hour before dinner time I got quite sweaty, and noticed a worsening headache. (I'm taking painkillers so sweating is not unheard of). Then I got the shakes, and grabbed my tester and took a reading - 5.2. So not really low, but I'm averaging 6's lately. For the first time ever, I thought I'd take two glucose tablets just in case. Over the next four hours I slept on and off and went hot, then shivery, then sweating through my clothes, then cool again. Sugar levels went up to 6.9.
By 9pm, I was cool and headache free and I slept for 10 hours straight.
I have no idea what it was all about. Is this anything anyone recognises?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
It does sound like a hypo @nomoredonuts, definitely sounds like something hormonal. I have had very few hypos but these were the symptoms I experienced too. My bloods were low 3s though. You were probably right taking the "better safe than sorry" route though in treating your symptoms. You ok now?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had a funny turn last week!
About 5-ish, a good hour before dinner time I got quite sweaty, and noticed a worsening headache. (I'm taking painkillers so sweating is not unheard of). Then I got the shakes, and grabbed my tester and took a reading - 5.2. So not really low, but I'm averaging 6's lately. For the first time ever, I thought I'd take two glucose tablets just in case. Over the next four hours I slept on and off and went hot, then shivery, then sweating through my clothes, then cool again. Sugar levels went up to 6.9.
By 9pm, I was cool and headache free and I slept for 10 hours straight.
I have no idea what it was all about. Is this anything anyone recognises?
Sounds like double wammy. Lergy and low bg.
Which meter do you use?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've kept something down which has encouraged me to take tablets. Phew!
Moaning with pain isn't very lady like. Ha ha

I'm at the diabetic unit tomorrow afternoon, but have to negotiate shopping first. Boy I do like to have action packed days! Ha ha

Reactions: 13lizanne

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Granny_grump_ - You could still eat 'supper' and then Fast from midnight until you have your fasting blood test.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump_ - You could still eat 'supper' and then Fast from midnight until you have your fasting blood test.:)
I'm scared if I do and worried if I don't wish the fasting test was over and I knew the results my appointment is 9-15 tomorrow I was always told by doctors to fast for 10 hours before test. Kathleen

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm scared if I do and worried if I don't wish the fasting test was over and I knew the results my appointment is 9-15 tomorrow I was always told by doctors to fast for 10 hours before test. Kathleen
I'm sure you'll blow your last hba1c out the water. Good luck. ;)

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It does sound like a hypo @nomoredonuts, definitely sounds like something hormonal. I have had very few hypos but these were the symptoms I experienced too. My bloods were low 3s though. You were probably right taking the "better safe than sorry" route though in treating your symptoms. You ok now?
Yes thanks @13lizanne. A migraine type headache vanished and I felt fine after. ( I have a bit of a theory that the pain meds are raising me artificially by about a point. Even so if my 5.2 was 4.2, that's not too low!

@ickihun I use the SD Codefree. Get the odd weird test but generally I pretend the high ones are mistakes!!

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ - Well, in that case don't eat or drink anything from 10pm this evening - except water.
I usually have just 1 fasting blood test a year, and mine was the other week. Which is why I was so pleased with the Liver Function Tests. :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@nomoredonuts I have a Codefree and a Nipro monitor. The codefree is consistently 1.5-2.0 higher than the Nipro. I know others on the forum find the same thing happens sometimes. Perhaps your 5.2 was actually 3.2 ?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Liam1955 literally that morning I was taken off Metabet SR. ( But my body couldn't have known it as the first tablet hadn't yet been "missed" yet, if you see what I mean).

@13lizanne - I knew there's a built in error on these cheap testers but that's a biggie.
I've since wondered if I'd eaten something bad earlier in the day as it went in a few hours. Plus is it normal to sleep like that between 5 and 9pm?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@nomoredonuts - I wondered if you were taking Gliclazide or Insulin, that is why I asked about your meds.
So, you have not had a recurrence of this situation since last week?
I have 2 meters the everyday one is Glouco Nexus (a GP Surgery freebie) and my Contour Next that I still use occasionally, when I think I might be going Hypo. The Contour reading is always more precise that the Glouco Nexus.
Just after I have had and treat a hypo (I'm on Insulin and Metformin) I usually sleep for 3 - 4 hours. So, I am wondering? you could have had an Hypo?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Why don't you post that question on the main forum? you may get lots of answers from many more people, some of whom may have had similar experiences to yourself and who can help @nomoredonuts

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Liam1955 , I'm now meds free and will watch my meals carefully as I can't exercise for the moment. Getting an epidural in a couple weeks (huh, can't wait!)
@13lizanne good idea! I'm one finger typing on the phone tonight. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow.
BTW Are you packing your cossie when you visit that glorious beach?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ok. So it seems I might have lost my diabetic virginity!!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Liam1955 , I'm now meds free and will watch my meals carefully as I can't exercise for the moment. Getting an epidural in a couple weeks (huh, can't wait!)
@13lizanne good idea! I'm one finger typing on the phone tonight. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow.
BTW Are you packing your cossie when you visit that glorious beach?
What! We are to have snow tomorrow :D That water may look tropical but it's The Minch and even in July it's freeeezing. We are going for the Hillwalking and Peace
What is the epidural for NMD? Is it for your eye?

Last edited:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...ose-in-a-morning.81585/page-1170#post-1418890
There are already short meter walks available. To join:- open front door, start walking for a short time. :D :D
Incidentally hubby and I got soaked by driving sleet throughout our 40min walk today, the only respite was when it turned to snow :D However, even if I try to dodge a walk because of foul weather hubby says 'you have to exercise, remember your BG" levels. Very helpful :)