Type 2 Life

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hey....hello you lot. I'm pleased to see we have a lovely new home. This morning my blood glucose was a healthy 4.8 fasting. I'm ok with that number. Had my eye screening this morning too. How long does it take for these darn drops to completely wear off? I've got my sunglasses on right now, which admittedly makes me feel like a rock star. Wearing them indoors as I'm lying down, TV on, iPad & nibbly things to hand (salted popcorn is my treat today.) One is allowed to self indulge when one is a tad delicate. :happy:

View attachment 14628

I love your praying otter Alisonjane10. Where did you get this poster? BTW, I can no longer hit 4.8 without chest pain. I am now better off in the 5's and 6's or higher. This is after 9 yrs. diagnosis and perhaps as I read in a diabetes article, as you get older hypoglycemia gets a new face.

Reactions: Ultramum
D

debrasue

The lergies have hit!
10yr old then 3yr old, their daddy then last but not least... me! :(
Home sick today :(
Hope everyone is out and about keeping their bgs low. I've postponed my attempts til tomorrow.
Very windy out there again today!

It makes sense all the sleeping 2 days ago now. Fbg up but luckily still in 5s. Phew!
Nurse told me last week to expect another hospital stay until health improves.
I'm running away next winter to a warmer climate. The winter's are killing me.
Isn't it the first day of spring today?

Fingers crossed for a milder 24hrs in the tummy region. Lots to do tomorrow.
Bless my partner he's my minder today. His choice. He hates sick. Yuck!
Only just noticed this - I hope you're feeling better now Vicky x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I love your praying otter Alisonjane10. Where did you get this poster? BTW, I can no longer hit 4.8 without chest pain. I am now better off in the 5's and 6's or higher. This is after 9 yrs. diagnosis and perhaps as I read in a diabetes article, as you get older hypoglycemia gets a new face.
@Erin I don't think alisonjane10 posts anymore. More's the pity. I loved her posts!

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What! We are to have snow tomorrow :D That water may look tropical but it's The Minch and even in July it's freeeezing. We are going for the Hillwalking and Peace
What is the epidural for NMD? Is it for your eye?
No good for skinny dipping then???:D:D:D

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Aye! Very funny pal, as we say up here in bonnie Scotland. Anyway there are laws against startling the seals and porpoise :D

Reactions: ickihun and Books1

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's good, I often have that effect on people. If you saw me skinny dipping you would laugh even louder :) Welcome to the thread. @Books1

Last edited:
Reactions: Books1 and Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've had a few laughs myself lately. Mr ickihun fell out of bed and got wedged between wall and bed. Neither of us could do anything for laughing (quiety). As toddler was asleep in our bed. I laughed off and on for hours.
It still makes me smile. :D

Reactions: Ultramum and Books1

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@13lizanne I saw you mention in another place that you were doing a bit "fasting". What way have you gone?
I is interested as I sort of doing 3-4, dropping lunches and having "reduced" breakfast, 25 g of nuts, cheese and olives... its going okay and not feeling too hungry, though the bloods have stay round the 5.1 mark, which is okay... be interesting to see what my weight is on Sunday. Hjx

Reactions: 13lizanne

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm doing 1 day on liquids i.e clear soups chicken noodle without the noodle, clear beef broth, tea and water. If I'm struggling oxtail soup or cream and sugar free jelly. Then 1 day normal eating i.e 3x meals then 1 day fast water and tea only until dinner which is something light e.g plain omelette around 6pm and repeat. I had to have a break last week since family life will always come first :) I find that I have more energy on the semi fast days. I've also upped my exercise most days. Let me know how you get on with your fasting plan I need to lose (quite) a few pounds also @hankjam

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam1955

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm doing 1 day on liquids i.e clear soups chicken noodle without the noodle, clear beef broth, tea and water. If I'm struggling oxtail soup or cream and sugar free jelly. Then 1 day normal eating i.e 3x meals then 1 day fast water and tea only until dinner which is something light e.g plain omelette around 6pm and repeat. I had to have a break last week since family life will always come first :) I find that I have more energy on the semi fast days. I've also upped my exercise most days. Let me know how you get on with your fasting plan I need to lose (quite) a few pounds also @hankjam

I will!
I'm at a place where I think my BG are pretty well under control, though you never really know for sure without constant testing and I only test for my fasting, unless I think something odd is going on. I don't have a lot of weight to lose and Mrs HJ would not be too keen if I lose any more, so it is a test to see how I will respond to a small degree of fasting.
@13lizanne

Though tonight I may have just eaten too much, haddock in a tom aubergine sauce with peas... and forgot to add the Parmesan topping.... off for a walk in 20 mins I think.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good luck ! You WILL lose weight

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Swiggy welcome to type 2 life thread. Feel free to tag others you want to quiz about your fbgs or bg performance. This thread doesn't restrict conversation like fasting morning thread.
@callyandy may be along soon too for encouragement.

I feel you're doing well. Hang in there!

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This thread @callyandy is good for general type2 bits and tagging posters who you want to continue a conversation about type2 with but want to include anyone who wishes to join in. Enjoy.
This is my 2nd home. I love this thread too!