Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
9.2 today, ate very small yesterday, like most days I skipped breakfast, lunch was a sausage, egg, and slice of bacon, dinner was 2 slices of Edam cheese with a slice of ham in between, my non bread sandwich, but..... I had half a cup of black Forrest fruits with some double cream, I was hungry mid evening and had half a cup of cashew nuts, otherwise, that was it. I bought the fruit frozen from Aldi, could the fruit cause the spike ?

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
9.2 today, ate very small yesterday, like most days I skipped breakfast, lunch was a sausage, egg, and slice of bacon, dinner was 2 slices of Edam cheese with a slice of ham in between, my non bread sandwich, but..... I had half a cup of black Forrest fruits with some double cream, I was hungry mid evening and had half a cup of cashew nuts, otherwise, that was it. I bought the fruit frozen from Aldi, could the fruit cause the spike ?

Could do. Personally I can't do cashews either. Walnuts are much lower in carbs

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
Could do. Personally I can't do cashews either. Walnuts are much lower in carbs
Thanks, I find nuts to be a good fill me up in the evening, that could be my mistake, most evenings I have either walnuts, cashew, almond or Brazil nuts if I am hungry. I will give nuts a rest for a while.

Bluebell68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Bluebell68 I will tag kind @daisy1 who will post some excellent information for newcomers for you.
Thank you, I was newly diagnosed in Dec and have just received a couple of magazines, given a half hour diabetic health appointment was told it was too early to test blood glucose for me so went out and bought my own. It is not often my sugars are below 8. Waiting for my DESMOND which is in March.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Thanks, I find nuts to be a good fill me up in the evening, that could be my mistake, most evenings I have either walnuts, cashew, almond or Brazil nuts if I am hungry. I will give nuts a rest for a while.

I do almonds walnuts and Brazil's with no problems. As you say they are a great fill in but also contain some really good nutrients and great fibre!

Reactions: Greg1957