Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
SUNDAY 7/6/15

Today’s fasting reading at 9am was the best yet 6.4 so this LCHF diet is certainly having the desired affect and the bonus is I am losing weight as well at about 1lb a week so 8lbs gone so far which delights me.

Reactions: 22 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a 5.3 at bedtime, the 4.2 this morning was a very pleasant surprise.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.3 this morning but a stressful couple of days ahead, 500 mile round trip to fetch the daughter from University.....

Reactions: 25 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning

6.7 for me today .... very happy with that as I was very naughty last night and had half of a very large (costco) chocolate muffin and went to bed with a reading of 8.4 :rolleyes::oops:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a blustery but sunny (ish) Willenhall. A very consistent 4.9 this morning :) Weight still dropping....now lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks :)....may have to indulge in a little more fat as I don't want to lose anymore really

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 24 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.6 sun shining visitors from the U.S. this afternoon so who knows what might happen.

Keep up the good fight drop back in later .

Reactions: 20 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.0 mmol / L this morning on my freestyle Neo.
Found a left over freestyle lite test strip so used it in my old freestyle lite meter as a comparison and to say farewell as it retires. ;)
Got a reading of 6.1 mmol / L !!
Only ever the second time the comparisons have been so wide apart and, funnily enough, both times have been fasting readings! *scratches head*

6.6 mmol / L at bed time (Neo).

Sunday lie in so probably surfing my dawn phenomenon wave. ;)

Reactions: 15 people

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good morning from a blustery but sunny (ish) Willenhall. A very consistent 4.9 this morning :) Weight still dropping....now lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks :)....may have to indulge in a little more fat as I don't want to lose anymore really
That's amazing , 15lb in Five weeks , I'm about 12 in three and a half weeks , we seem to be on par,

Reactions: 10 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon - 9.7 mmol/l this morning so not great but better than 18 mmol/l yesterday. Slept a lot and wound infection is resolving. Been titrating insulin so will be under control soon. Have a nice day folks.

Reactions: 17 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this am after a second all time low of 4.8 pre bed since being diagnosed. Lost another 1.5 lbs so only 5lbs off 5 stone loss since last year but 2 stone since being diagnosed in feb. Am even more determined now and reaping the benefits too.

Reactions: 24 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early (7 am) fasting test today: 6.2, after a bedtime level of 6.1

Two things I normally see: bedtime levels of around 6ish usually regardless of how high I've been during the day, and a low morning reading if I wake earlier - so presumably pre any liver dumps. I had hoped splitting my metformin dose between evening meal and breakfast would help during the day, but that doesn't appear to work at all. :(

Robbity

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.