Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 on rising which was surprise as I;d had the night from hell. Have had a bad shoulder festering for years and having to kip with Mr E at weekend( I'm such a bad sleeper that we have had separate rooms for years as he used to be up at 4 to milk) has tipped it into agony territory.
Pre lunch/post breakfast was a high 6.6 for me- it is way too hot and humid here so I blame that. Came down to 5.3 before evening meal and off to do ten mins on bike to try and keep it down. I didn't like hot weather before diabetes - now I hate it!

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning! By far my best number to date. Treating myself right now. Picked up some fried chicken on the way home for this evenings meal. And planing on enjoying some Glenfiddich after the meal. Booked some time off work, going to enjoy a 4 day weekend!

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.6 this morning. Still hot but I had a very light non-protein dinner (tomatoes, olives, feta, houmous) and went to bed on 5.4.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this mornin - it's another hot one here by the looks of it, haven't had breakfast yet so need to get that sorted now ; )

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Still hot but I had a very light non-protein dinner (tomatoes, olives, feta, houmous) and went to bed on 5.4.
I was 5.4 at bed too rod ! Had a late lunch early dinner at 4pm of steak mushrooms salad...........with strawberries cream around 7pm

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back up to 7.3 today, might have had something to do with lying in bed for half an hour trying to decide if it was worth getting up to go to the bathroom or if I could wait until the alarm went off.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 on going to bed. :banghead:
5.9 on getting up. :banghead:

This is really spoiling my averages! I'm not doing anything differently and have lost another 2lbs. I am confused.:confused:

Reactions: 5 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7. Grrr! After a massive 1.5 hour walk last night in the heat to a friends house and back, my readings when I got back at 7.30pm were 5.3. With no food since, this high fasting reading is a mystery.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7. Grrr! After a massive 1.5 hour walk last night in the heat to a friends house and back, my readings when I got back at 7.30pm were 5.3. With no food since, this high fasting reading is a mystery.
I keep finding through the days if I've been busy, walking,gardening etc I go higher for a few hours- after expecting to be lower like burning calls with exercise- guess we really are a different bunch hey?!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep finding through the days if I've been busy, walking,gardening etc I go higher for a few hours- after expecting to be lower like burning calls with exercise- guess we really are a different bunch hey?!!

I find the same Kim. My usual exercise is walking and if that's all I do my levels are fine. If I also spend time gardening or energetic housework my levels shoot up before the next meal.

gorillamark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I find the same Kim. My usual exercise is walking and if that's all I do my levels are fine. If I also spend time gardening or energetic housework my levels shoot up before the next meal.
Well, yes it would. If you perform vigorous exercise your liver dumps some of its stored glucose into your blood stream. Drove me dotty at first until I found out what was happening. Do some searching on Google or wherever using the search term:

Liver dump

But the short version is that strenuous physical activity can cause your liver dump to dump stored glucose into your blood stream to cope with the increased need. It's very dependent on how your body reacts to exercise or to stress. if you have a meter testing and recording will give you a good idea how much exercise, stress, illness, etc affect your levels.

For me I found that vigorous exercise caused my blood sugar levels to increase noticeably at first but i persevered. As I got more fit this liver dumping happened less and less even better my general blood sugar levels decreased dramatically by dramatically I mean I went in a few months from needing to inject to 44 units of insulin a day to injecting none and my prescription for insulin being cancelled. I still have a fair way to go. But diet and exercise have helped me a lot.

Reactions: 7 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's amazing results @gorillamark . Congratulations. What an inspiration!

In my case, I expected there to be a temporary rise immediately or within a few hours afterwards, but I was surprised that it affected my fasting bloods some 10 hours later.

Thanks for the helpful info

gorillamark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That's amazing results @gorillamark . Congratulations. What an inspiration!

In my case, I expected there to be a temporary rise immediately or within a few hours afterwards, but I was surprised that it affected my fasting bloods some 10 hours later.

Thanks for the helpful info

How much stress are you under as a result of the heat? Did it mess up your sleep?

As to the results - I did my own version of Newcastle Diet. Coupled with exercise. With the results I mentioned. Still a long way to go but at least I'm no longer on a spiral down. (And before you ask the diet I went on to lost weight drastically was the exante one.) I did a lot of research and I do mean a lot. And worked out that putting myself through what to be blunt was hell for a few weeks would probably pay off big time. And they did. I'm about to do it again. But sudden drastic weight loss and exercise really does seem to do the trick. The people in the Diabetes clinic here are very pleased with the improvement and I can't tell you how much better I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.