Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, but it wasn't me! I could sleep on a washing line. 8 to 9 hours every night. If it was me, it was a typo.
Oops, sorry about that! Anyhow, it's all mind-boggling how our BG turns out when it's not behaving well to our patterns, hopefully your sugars become better soon x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 today..................yesterday the highest I went was 6.2 2hrs after my breakfast!! Managed to stay in the 5's all day - even though it was a really hot day here, and I was at work 2-8pm!

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. The last 24 hours have all been in the range of 4.6 to 5.6 albeit pre meal, post meal, fasting or post exercise

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the 5s - 5.8!

:)

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 5 people

Jerri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning best result ever. I won't be checking them for a few days as I'm going away and want a break from carb counting

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.4 after going to bed on 5.8. :rolleyes:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, it seems some of us are still higher than we normally are. Roll on next week when it's supposed to be cooler.

5.9 on going to bed
5.8 this morning.

I only tested my fasting, pre-meals and bedtime yesterday, all up on normal. 5.9, 6.2, 5.7, 5.9. :arghh:

< sharon>

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
extreme hot weather
10.5 before breakfast and 15.9 2 hours after breakfast which consisted of one slice of toasted granary bread and coffee,and my medication

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.5 before breakfast and 15.9 2 hours after breakfast which consisted of one slice of toasted granary bread and coffee,and my medication

I don't think the granary bread is good for you :(

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me today.

As much as you guys are looking forward to some cooler weather, I am curious how I will be when I come back to what will be significantly cool for me.

< sharon>

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
extreme hot weather
I know Deb anything i eat at the moments not good for me been diabetic for 10 yeras always had decent blood sugar results , then last few weeks its been really high, doctoris trying to sort it out though just started on 2 g of slow release metformin a day and a new tablet called dapaglifloxin , i dont think this heat helps much either :(

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 today and under 7 all day, it's very odd, I wasn't feeling well yesterday and that really reflected in higher bloods yesterday.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning after going to bed at 4.3
Have been between 4.3 and 6.2 all week except for one reading of 7.8 in the middle of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.