Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 for me but up a bit later today for a change!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have given up taking my morning results seriously due the hot weather. Yesterday I was 6.4. Today I am not even going to waste a tests strip. As long as I feel ok and am eating well, I should be ok. It is just a bit demoralising at the moment :confused:

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I have given up taking my morning results seriously due the hot weather. Yesterday I was 6.4. Today I am not even going to waste a tests strip. As long as I feel ok and am eating well, I should be ok. It is just a bit demoralising at the moment :confused:

It's all so random isn't it - 6.4 one day, 5.7 the next, it will probably be 6+ tomorrow! with no obvious changes in eating regime. I'll keep testing because a) I'm really nerdy about it at the moment, and b) even this pattern is useful data.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still testing even though I agree it is demoralising, but I keep records of my averages each month, so if I don't test as normal my averages will be incorrect. I'm another nerd about it.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep testing it as it is the one level that hasn't really come down yet to non-diabetic level. I am virtually always below 5.9 pre prandially and never above 7.8 at 2hrs but hate it when I start the day higher than I like as it mucks up my post-breakfast reading.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning after going to bed on 4.4
I keep a check on my averages too last seven days is 5.7 fourteen days is 5.5 and the month is 5.8 that's according to the meter.

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning, so bang in the middle of my personal range. I'm not going to over analyse the 700gr lost. I actually thought I might have had that licked. :( I think I'll just accept I need to up my intake a bit more, because under 50kg is getting too skinny, even for a shortie like me.

Oh well. This morning looks nice and settled for the day. We've had three days of humid, overcast weather, with storm activity active in both the Atlantic and Caribbean. Thursday had been forecasting the first tropical storm of the season, but thankfully it blew itself out before reaching us. It did bring some much needed rain though. We desperately need more rain. Much more rain. But, my preference would be for that rain to come over night, every night. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
this morning was 11.8

Boy, Ally. That's moving in the right direction!!! You must be trying hard. :)

Are you finding testing helps you understand a little bit more? It does take time, but at least with an immediate indication of the impact of what you're eating, you stand a fighting chance with this thing.

How do you feel with those numbers being a lot lower?

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm still testing even though I agree it is demoralising, but I keep records of my averages each month, so if I don't test as normal my averages will be incorrect. I'm another nerd about it.
@Rod and @Bluetit1802 made me smile about being "nerdy" on testing!! Glad it's not just me- I've got my little notebook for all my readings and a page a day for my intake!! 5 1/2 wks since diagnosed 5 wks into lchf..........feel so in control now!!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My little book that came with the monitor is nearly full now so have bought a diary which has hourly slots in it. I like being able to look back and see progress though this hot weather has notched it up a bit. Strangely I am finding that the lower my BS starts off pre-prandially the bigger my post meal lift even with the same food. I seem to work better in the 5s than I do in the mid 4s.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I record all my data on an excel spread sheet, which works out averages for me. I also have graphs. I can't average from my meter because of re-testing if I don't believe a reading. It wouldn't work for me. I also record all my food on there as well as on My Fitness pal, plus weight, BP, cholesterol and so on. I am a true nerd!

During this hot weather I have had some weird post-prandial readings that bear little resemblance to previous ones with the same food.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes it does annoy me that I can't wipe the strange readings off my meter but I just use it as a guide. Looking back I can see that a run of sleepless nights and higher anxiety haven't helped my readings much either. In some ways I can see why they say you can become a bit obsessed with it all as I know my mood shifts if I don't get a great reading, but not sure there's any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.