Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.1 last night, 4.9 this morning.
The red wine is definitely keeping it down.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me this morning, so a nice mid range. All is good.

So, today; weekend or not, I have a couple of hours work to do. I had a call yesterday from someone asking if I would consider doing a piece of work for them. The work itself appears quite straightforward, but if it was that simple, they'd get on with it themselves, so there must be worms in the can somewhere! So, I'll make a few targeted changes to my CV to consider some "interesting" logistics. It's absolutely not a done deal, so I have a feeling I'll be a bit distracted, working out if it's for me, or not. I do really fancy an intellectual challenge, and the work should only really take 2-3 months. Hey ho.

Tomorrow I need to make a trip to a nearby mega garden centre where I can finalise the size of stones I need to order for outdoors. That place is such a temptation, as they have a number of outlets as well as the garden stuff. I simply can't pass Lakeland without spending - a lot, and Mr Breathe always ends up with a load of casuals from Cotton Traders. We actually have our stone delivered from somewhere ooop narth, who offer the most fabulous service and are extremely competitive. Yes, I'm working myself up to some serious shovelling and wheelbarrowing. But, it'll be good for me.

Play nicely boys and girls. :D

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.9 not just out of bed, but 1.5 hours after waking. Pretty pleased this week all fasting or early out of bed showing in the 4s to very low 5s, slowly getting there, just got the weekly weigh in tomorrow morning to look forward to. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my flu jab yesterday morning and wondered if it might send my levels haywire, but so far so good.

5.5 on going to bed
5.6 this morning.

Reactions: 7 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning, well on the high side for me, but I know why. Bridge night with the boys last night, a good curry ( with cauliflower rice) and 6 pints of beer, up until gone midnight. I know I shouldn't really and over 4000 calories means that I will have to put some miles on the bike this weekend. It only happens once a month but I need to be a bit more controlled! The strange thing is that I tested just before bed and was at 4.0 then, but I find that is how it works when I have some beer.

Maxwell

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Ally you and I need to join forces for our morning readings! I was saving most of my carbs for veggies at evening meal but on advice I'm going to spread my 35 to 40 carbs through all 3 meals and see if that makes a difference. I don't know how many carbs you allow yourself. I'm lowish as I want to lose weight too...good luck to you and well done for reducing your readings so well

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning, was actually surprised that it was this low.

Been a rough stressful week and I did what I normally do when I'm stressed, turn to food. Really late night last night, turned in at 2am, watched a couple movies and got caught up on a few TV shows.

The mid-night snack last night consisted of home made bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers stuffed with cream cheese and chicken wings. The wings were pre-prepared and had some light breading, to which I added plenty of hot sauce partway through the cooking. 2 larger glasses of wine, and I woke up stress free this morning.

Feel like there is a brick in my system right now from the over eating.... But that too shall pass...

Back to normal eating the rest of the weekend. Also getting more confident that I can stay drug free for the diabetes if I continue to watch my diet and monitor my BS levels. Although the 6.6 is one of my higher morning numbers, it's explainable and still in what I like to call my safe range.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well I've just arrived back in UK after 24 hour door to door journey starting at 3 AM Perth time and getting to a hotel near Heathrow at 8 PM. I'll head back home on the train tomorrow morning. Busy week with early starts and long days and jet lag to get over, but I've had several fasting levels at 5.3 so happy with that under the circumstances.

I didn't bother trying to test during the journey, what with time zones and meal intervals, I just ordered food with minimal carbs and/or left any potato, rice etc. Business class was a huge benefit though, at least I got some decent sleep on the plane with fully reclining seats. So I tested before dinner just now at 6.6 which I suppose is OK considering the length of journey and body clock disruption. We'll see how we are in the morning ...

Reactions: 7 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 on waking ,weight checked 12stone 4lbs happy with both numbers.
It's going to be a good Sunday, Come on Europe in the Ryder Cup
Happy Sunday everyone.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning- never left the 5's all day yesterday! Made myself a little treat last night, melted some 90% dark lindt chocolate and covered some almonds......lovely!! Off to work again now, then my 3 days off after too many 6 day weeks lately!!

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

9.2. Going down! :)
Although I hang my head in shame at all your lovely readings
Spread my carbs yesterday. 38g over the day. Think its helping. Still in ketosis...getting there

Reactions: 9 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
10.4 totally given up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.