Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.6 this morning pre brekkie of eggs / bacon. It raises a question though. Since dumping the Guinness I've had two readings in the 8s and one in the 7s and the rest below 6 and even 5 and the pattern is showing a gradual decrease.

Reactions: 10 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
OOOH !!!!!!!!!!

I like this .... 5.6 on waking and one hour after brekkie, I'm still 5.6 !!!

Reactions: 15 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, got up this morning after sleeping in till 10.30....I know a bit excessive. I am thinking my readings are going to be terrible because I will have a liver dump for sure and my reading is 6.1! I reckon that big Japanese BBQ dinner I had must have stayed with me for a long time!

Reactions: 10 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.1 after a holiday is just showing off
it sounds like your health is good..time to get back to mummy-making work now :)
Lol @jack412. It was very tough---resisting pavlova, Greek yogurt with honey and all the cakes and pastries you see everywhere! x but you carry on x lol

@alliebee yes it was a nightmare practicing self control and discipline when you walk past the cafés!:)

Reactions: 5 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol @jack412. It was very tough---resisting pavlova, Greek yogurt with honey and all the cakes and pastries you see everywhere! x but you carry on x lol

@alliebee yes it was a nightmare practicing self control and discipline when you walk past the cafés!:)
Personally, I think that with a little self discipline it is easier to stay in control when on holiday. The main issue is to get over the mental attitude that because one is on holiday one deserves to take a break and can relax ones diet. We may be on holiday but our diabetes is not. We also tend to be more active when on holiday.

I find it hardest to stay on top of things when I am at my busiest and under most pressure at work. Eating right and exercising requires time .

4,1 is an excellent reading all the same. Well done!

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Personally, I think that with a little self discipline it is easier to stay in control when on holiday. The main issue is to get over the mental attitude that because one is on holiday one deserves to take a break and can relax ones diet. We may be on holiday but our diabetes is not. We also tend to be more active when on holiday.

I find it hardest to stay on top of things when I am at my busiest and under most pressure at work. Eating right and exercising requires time .

4,1 is an excellent reading all the same. Well done!

Hi Pavlos :) Loved your eggs benedict pic even though you passed on the muffins. I would have thought the hollaindaise sauce might have been a "no no" for T2s but if there's ONE thing I love on eggs, it's that.

Hope your holiday is everything you want and need it to be. Take care brother :) Mike

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just tested a fasting 4,4 mmol. I know most would love a reading like this but annoyingly, this is too low for me to follow my usual routine of exercising at the hotel gym first thing, showering, dressing and then going to breakfast.

To do so would risk a low or more likely a liver dump, which I would rather avoid.

So I will have to postpone my gym visit until later in the day, perhaps until this evening. Problem is I tend to be a lot less energetic and keen to exercise in the evenings.

Still I should not complain about what is objectively one of my best fasting level counts ever.

Being in the UK seems to agree with me!

Or is that being off work!

Pavlos

Reactions: 8 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Pavlos :) Loved your eggs benedict pic even though you passed on the muffins. I would have thought the hollaindaise sauce might have been a "no no" for T2s but if there's ONE thing I love on eggs, it's that.

Hope your holiday is everything you want and need it to be. Take care brother :) Mike
Why do you think hollandaise sauce would be a no no for T2s

If this entry in myfittnesspal is correct it is low in carbs

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414909637.828050.jpg

Anyway a small quantity of the sauce, does go a long way and I definitely do not get a chance to enjoy something like this everyday; definitely not when I am at home.

Pavlos

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@. Pavlos enjoy the match today hope your team win . As we are originally from Chelsea there is only one team we support and they are doing well this year but early days !

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Why do you think hollandaise sauce would be a no no for T2s

If this entry in myfittnesspal is correct it is low in carbs

View attachment 7915

Anyway a small quantity of the sauce, does go a long way and I definitely do not get a chance to enjoy something like this everyday; definitely not when I am at home.

Pavlos

I honestly didn't know :)

Time for a dash of that maybe a few times a week!!! Just the look of that pic you posted had me feeling so hungry

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning. Still tired will have breakfast. .....then back to bed.

Reactions: 8 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Almost too ashamed to post this morning

6.1 at bedtime. 7.9 this morning and a 3lb weight gain in 3 days since dabbling with bulletproof coffee:bigtears:

Reactions: 4 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@. Pavlos enjoy the match today hope your team win . As we are originally from Chelsea there is only one team we support and they are doing well this year but early days !
Thanks for the wishes, much appreciated, particularly from a Chelsea fan.

You do look like your going to be our most serious rivals for the title this year. Assuming we can pick up our form to actually put in a title bid that is.

Today's game is a one off, a "cup final" when irrespective of league position or form any result is possible.

I do hope we win, of course. It would be an awful long way to come just to watch us lose and it would be a bit of an anticlimax to what has do far been an excellent trip.

Defeat may be a bit hard to take for my eleven year old son.

So fingers crossed, it want come to that.

Pavlos

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Almost too ashamed to post this morning

6.1 at bedtime. 7.9 this morning and a 3lb weight gain in 3 days since dabbling with bulletproof coffee:bigtears:
No need to feel shame Diana.

That 6,1 bedtime count is the one you have control over and it shows that you did put in the work. Unfortunately too much about our morning fasting levels depends on factors over which we have little control over.

I must admit the idea of pouring oil in ones drink has been one I have found hard to accept and so I have never tried bulletproof coffee, I am not much of a coffee drinker at the best of times, so I do not know if that is responsible for the weight gain.

You may like to give it a bit more time before changing course though, weight can also vary for a number of reasons, particularly in you ladies. Do keep an eye on it though!

Pavlos

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well 7.7 this morning. 6.0 at bedtime As least I know what expect.:sorry:. can't seem to shift it out of the 7s

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.