Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
you seem to be very argumentative today, is there a reason for it?
this is my last post with this topic..once again, the question was 'Ideal' reading
..when under 5.1 for a pregnant lady is desired, it's hard to have 5.5 as ideal

https://www.google.com.au/#q=5.1 blood glucose pregnant
you might prefer NHS for 3.5
http://www.abcdiabetes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/How_to_avoid_Hypoglycaemia_in_Pregnancy.pdf

but normal is said to be 3.5-5.5 ..choose your source
https://www.google.com.au/#q=blood glucose 3.5-5.5

I would doubt we are argumentative, if it's you that is simply wrong, but at least you now admit it, and have at least corrected your targets up to 5.5, so you are at least starting to get there.
It's doubtful we would all be using pregnancy guidelines though it may apply to some.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK thanks folks. I've changed the battery.

And while I'm here, please can you chaps stop squabbling. This thread isn't meant for squabbles.

Reactions: 9 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would doubt we are argumentative, if it's you that is simply wrong, but at least you now admit it, and have at least corrected your targets up to 5.5, so you are at least starting to get there.
It's doubtful we would all be using pregnancy guidelines though it may apply to some.
I've changed nothing... normal range starts at 3.5 and I guess the ideal is 3.5-4.5 fasting

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you seem to be very argumentative today, is there a reason for it?
this is my last post with this topic..once again, the question was 'Ideal' reading
..when under 5.1 for a pregnant lady is desired, it's hard to have 5.5 as ideal
https://www.google.com.au/#q=5.1 blood glucose pregnant

but normal is said to be 3.5-5.5 ..choose your source and as I first said "I guess 3.5-4.5" for ideal
https://www.google.com.au/#q=blood glucose 3.5-5.5

And I can not even blame the time of the month.... :) lol

I guess the assumption that lowest is always best is one of my pet hates.

I would have guessed that, assuming non diabetics have glucose levels that are normally distributed within the normal range, the values at the extremes are not likely to be the ideal, which is more likely to be at the median point.

On the subject of lowest not being always best you may be interested in taking a look at this study on Hba1c as a mortality risk indicator in non diabetics, which shows increased risk below 4,5%

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417087654.227538.jpg

http://m.circoutcomes.ahajournals.org/content/3/6/661.full

I know you like graphs so I am trying to get back in your good books. :)

I have no idea how valid this study is as I am not really qualified to critique it.

Pavlos

Reactions: 3 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And I can not even blame the time of the month.... :) lol
I guess the assumption that lowest is always best is one of my pet hates.
I would have guessed that, assuming non diabetics have glucose levels that are normally distributed within the normal range, the values at the extremes are not likely to be the ideal, which is more likely to be at the median point.
On the subject of lowest not being always best you may enjoy taking a look at this study on Hba1c as a mortality risk indicator in non diabetics, which shows increased risk below 4,5%

View attachment 8477

http://m.circoutcomes.ahajournals.org/content/3/6/661.full
I know you like graphs so I am trying to get back in your good books.
I have no idea how valid this study is as I am not really qualified to critique it.

Pavlos
you know fasting 3.5-4.5 isn't indicative of a below average A1c 4.5% don't you..I'm just perplexed why all the uproar

this is the cardio risk

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-27_22-7-40.png
    upload_2014-11-27_22-7-40.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 197

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I also blame being argumentative on a dodgy battery ? :)

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice 3.9 for me this morning. I’m comfortable with that.

Last night we had the most delicious, if a little carb heavy for some, Jamie Oliver rack of lamb. (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/roast-rack-of-lamb-with-crushed-potatoes/ ) The flavours were just fantastic, and it didn’t take forever. The forever part was important as I had a bit of a low an hour before eating, and had to resort to pillaging a few of the olives and tomatoes destined for the recipe. Well, it was an emergency, right?

Rounding up, I was 3.6 before (after olives and cherry tomatoes), and 4.3 at two hours after. I checked again after a further 30 and 60 minutes, with is going down to 4.2, just before some raspberries with cream. Last night’s cream was one of Tesco’s special festive varieties; in our case, with rum (3.something gr carb, so nothing too dire). Actually, it was something of a disappointment, so we’ll try the Triple Sec one next (with the perennial rasps, and maybe a little bitter chocolate). I haven’t had chocolate since pre-diagnosis. I haven’t missed it, but I’m looking for a simple, carb-light-ish dessert for the festive season.

Have a great day playmates.
There are not many days where I don't have raspberries and cream andbreathe ! ! Since diagnosis the only chocolate I've had is 90%dark and not even that much now as since tastes have changed so much I even find that has a "sweetness"!! I tried some frozen profiteroles last weekend, 2.5gm carb each and I was fine, so a possible festive desert for me may be those with raspberries and grated 90% on top!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.6 today which I'm happy with as had rough night's sleep again. It's damp and grey here which has triggered my fibromyalgia so I ache standing up, lying down and anything in between. Still I've an evening out walking round on a ghost walk to look forward to later, even if I'll be tagging along at the back.
Ooh, always fancied one of those. Hope you manage to keep up and the aches have subsided by then, have fibromyalgia too. Having better day today due to decent sleep

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, always fancied one of those. Hope you manage to keep up and the aches have subsided by then, have fibromyalgia too. Having better day today due to decent sleep
Thanks. It isn't the best ailment to have, is it. I overdid the exercise on on Tuesday as I felt great. Catching up now.

S

Sable_Jan

Can I also blame being argumentative on a dodgy battery ? :)
You can try ;). I'm thinking none of you boys intended to argue, more discuss, debate and disagree. So I'll let you off this time if you all promise to play nice in future :D. And I mean, if the so called "experts" can't agree either........

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.4 this morning,seem to have lost the fives from a couple of weeks ago,dont know why.I have eaten the same things.and started swimming again after my hip opp Im using more energy walking.
Anyone thinking the same as me? More daytime blood sugar used in extra exercise swimming so liver is "helping out" wth a bit extra overnight? Just a thought and I know it depends on meds if it DOES do it or not

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any chemist stocks them. V easy to cut in half too...I've found them really accurate. Being in ketosis is such a great feeling

Thanks for this tip @alliebee I bought some sticks today. They're telling me I have a small amount of keytones (1.5mmol/L). So, not too bad, but a little way to go yet. Its a really helpful gauge. Thanks for mentioning them

PS I only paid £3.05 for a pot of 50 :D

alliebee

Thanks for this tip @alliebee I bought some sticks today. They're telling me I have a small amount of keytones (1.5mmol/L). So, not too bad, but a little way to go yet. Its a really helpful gauge. Thanks for mentioning them

PS I only paid £3.05 for a pot of 50 :D
Brilliant price
As to being in ketosis apparently the pale colours are better than the dark ones...if you are showing trace that's fine. A bit like pregnancy you are or you are not..I found funnily that the lighter or trace of ketones present made me lose weight faster than if I was the other end of the scale. If you are showing any, then you are in ketosis and fat burning I'm well fat adapted now and although I started off at 20g of carb ( v hardcore) I've been able to raise them to approx 45 50 g a day and stay in ketosis...I borrowed a blood meter to check for accuracy ( the strips are mega expensive). Now I can just " feel it". Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.