Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya @Sable_Jan

Yes, I have to be careful with spicy food especially ATM with coming of my tablets for the ulcer. I do have a massive bottle Gaviscon in the cupboard just incase of acid build up.

So between that & the Diabetes, food & cooking for me is just a bore chore!! Thanks for the recipe ideas though, I will have to try the Feta as I've never tried it before, I'll let you know!

GL this morning 19.8, after lunch 16.9.

Roll on next week & my visit to the DSN to see what she suggests over my levels & ketones, also for me to suggest/demand an antibody test!

Hope you & everyone else is having a good day.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hiya @Sable_Jan

Yes, I have to be careful with spicy food especially ATM with coming of my tablets for the ulcer. I do have a massive bottle Gaviscon in the cupboard just incase of acid build up.

So between that & the Diabetes, food & cooking for me is just a bore chore!! Thanks for the recipe ideas though, I will have to try the Feta as I've never tried it before, I'll let you know!

GL this morning 19.8, after lunch 16.9.

Roll on next week & my visit to the DSN to see what she suggests over my levels & ketones, also for me to suggest/demand an antibody test!

Hope you & everyone else is having a good day.
Just a thought - does Gaviscon contain sugars/carbs besides tasting and feeling disgusting :eek:

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too lol
Funnily enough, I changed the batteries in my meter today and before lunch I got the lowest reading I have had in a long time lol. I am sure it was just a happy coincidence but it did make me laugh out loud for real.

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

Funnily enough, I changed the batteries in my meter today and before lunch I got the lowest reading I have had in a long time lol. I am sure it was just a happy coincidence but it did make me laugh out loud for real.
I'm taking that as proof. High readings equal new batteries needed!

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you going to buy batteries by the pallet ?? Christmas-Smiley1.jpg

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a thought - does Gaviscon contain sugars/carbs besides tasting and feeling disgusting :eek:

Just checked!! It seems only the tablet form that are a no go!! Info I found below.

"Which Gaviscon products are gluten-free?
All Gaviscon tablets and liquids are gluten-free.

Which Gaviscon products are lactose-free?
All Gaviscon tablets and liquids are lactose-free, except the Orange Burst and Butterscotch flavours of Extra Strength Tablets.

Which Gaviscon products are aluminum-free?
All Gaviscon tablets are aluminium-free. Liquid Gaviscon does contain aluminium.

Which Gaviscon products are sugar-free?
Gaviscon liquids are sugar-free. Gaviscon tablets contain sugar."

BTW, of topic, can anyone tell me why my emojis/smileys won't work on here please? *puzzled face*

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I did change my battery as suggested earlier, but have wasted my time, and probably half a battery. I tried re-testing again before tea.

5.5 too high
5.1 acceptable
4.6 normalish
4.6 normalish

At least 2 of them were the same this time!

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Just checked!! It seems only the tablet form that are a no go!! Info I found below.

"Which Gaviscon products are gluten-free?
All Gaviscon tablets and liquids are gluten-free.

Which Gaviscon products are lactose-free?
All Gaviscon tablets and liquids are lactose-free, except the Orange Burst and Butterscotch flavours of Extra Strength Tablets.

Which Gaviscon products are aluminum-free?
All Gaviscon tablets are aluminium-free. Liquid Gaviscon does contain aluminium.

Which Gaviscon products are sugar-free?
Gaviscon liquids are sugar-free. Gaviscon tablets contain sugar."

BTW, of topic, can anyone tell me why my emojis/smileys won't work on here please? *puzzled face*
Only the "bog standard" basic ones show up on the App on my phone. The others I get a description for. Fine on laptop

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did change my battery as suggested earlier, but have wasted my time, and probably half a battery. I tried re-testing again before tea.

5.5 too high
5.1 acceptable
4.6 normalish
4.6 normalish

At least 2 of them were the same this time!

After reading this about batteries I've just tested my hubby on my meter. His reading was 4.4 after a high carb dinner & a few cans of lager earlier watching the footy! So no fault with my battery I'm guessing!' *sighs* But thanks for the insight for the future. x

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only the "bog standard" basic ones show up on the App on my phone. The others I get a description for. Fine on laptop

Testing 123:

Edited, tried a few smileys again, nope not working. I give up!!!!
*LOL*

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After reading this about batteries I've just tested my hubby on my meter. His reading was 4.4 after a high carb dinner & a few cans of lager earlier watching the footy! So no fault with my battery I'm guessing!' *sighs* But thanks for the insight for the future. x

My gripe isn't the readings themselves. It's when I have to re-test a reading I'm not expecting (very high or very low) which happens sometimes, and when it does I tend to do 3 consecutive tests to confirm the rogue reading. What is happening is that all 3 (and sometimes 4) readings are wildly different. I'm getting really fed up with it!

PS the lager is probably why he was low after a carb dinner.

S

Sable_Jan

My gripe isn't the readings themselves. It's when I have to re-test a reading I'm not expecting (very high or very low) which happens sometimes, and when it does I tend to do 3 consecutive tests to confirm the rogue reading. What is happening is that all 3 (and sometimes 4) readings are wildly different. I'm getting really fed up with it!

PS the lager is probably why he was low after a carb dinner.
Not done the sums but are your readings all within 15% of each other? Just a thought given what someone mentioned about accuracy level.... Oh, I guess they could be up to 30% different if the tolerance is 15% either way..... Am I opening a can of worms here :eek:;)

S

Sable_Jan

There's been quite a bit of discussion abt various boozy drinks lowering the b.s........would your ulcer object? Maybe test and try? Before then at half hourly intervals is it guys to get the full picture?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does this mean I can have a lager then too, pretty please! :)

Sorry ..... liquid sugar.:( The sugar will spike you very high as you might expect, then the alcohol prevents the liver from producing glucose so you can go very low some time later. This can cause nasty hypos for people on insulin etc. Red wine and vodka are fine though!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not done the sums but are your readings all within 15% of each other? Just a thought given what someone mentioned about accuracy level.... Oh, I guess they could be up to 30% different if the tolerance is 15% either way..... Am I opening a can of worms here :eek:;)

Probably within the 15% most of the time, but not every time. Still b****dy annoying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.