Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
All of us on this forum are battling with a life challenging condition.

However on many occasions, I find myself going through a mixture of emotions, sometimes I'm moved by people's pain and suffering, other times I'm smiling and laughing after reading what is written.......
Absolutely... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
4.4 .... That's too low for me I fear
My goodness, do you feel different? Is it too much exercise for the carbs you're allowing yourself? You are only 75k's - that's very slim! Maybe you need a slice of toast before you go to bed, with some cheese on it? :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can liver dumps give you a headache and make you feel really hungry first thing in a morning.
Exactly how I was today... 6.2, terrible headache and slept in till 7.30, when I'm usually up at 5.30 or 6... I ate early too... chicken soup/stew...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I guess I'm just a little concerned that I get a rise of 3 between waking and one hour post breakfast. Do not understand the reason for it.

I seem to stay in the 6s (or high 5s) during the day and that is with a strict diet and exercise. Stress is also a factor for me.
I wonder just how large a part stress actually plays?
I think I would be rugby tackled to the floor by both of them.
:D

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.7 normal 5's for me anyway, don't know if I need to try for lower?

Basically since being diagnosed in May last year and starting LCHF in June my meter readings
Have 99% been in non diabetic range and when outside I know what has caused the rise.

Got my first blood test since diagnosis on Thursday this week so hopefully the result will reflect
And improvement on results at diagnosis, we shall see.

Cold frosty morning here off to crape the car and get into work.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I find loading up with fat slows down the conversion to glucose.
I can eat fried bread for that reason or bread loaded with butter.
Oh, for fried bread... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.7 normal 5's for me anyway, don't know if I need to try for lower?

Basically since being diagnosed in May last year and starting LCHF in June my meter readings
Have 99% been in non diabetic range and when outside I know what has caused the rise.

Got my first blood test since diagnosis on Thursday this week so hopefully the result will reflect
And improvement on results at diagnosis, we shall see.

Cold frosty morning here off to crape the car and get into work.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Good luck with your result - fingers crossed... :)

Reactions: 5 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:) Lots of people on here started a bit that way... the meds lull you into a false sense of security... everyone in my family moaned at me and my brother when they noticed what we were eating on low-carb... my sister especially went nuts at all the cream, butter, cheese etc that we are eating... :rolleyes: Now she is med-carbing - even eating mashed cauliflower instead of potato - just to lose weight and get her blood-pressure down...but it took a long time to convince her... :) Keep working on your uncle - it might be better, by the sounds of things, if he doesn't go to the meeting... ;)
You know I was thinking just the same thing, if they just confirm what his DPN says he will be so smug there will be no living with him.I might have to choke him with several mars bars. That would literally be death by chocolate.
On the bright side I have lost another 2 and a half pounds when I jumped on the scales this morning. Last week I was at my wits end not knowing what to eat on lchf but since I got my meter and a lot of help from here I am so much more comfortable with it and its beginning to pay off. I bought two new tops on saturday and had to buy size 14! Not been that for years. The bottom has yet to catch up its still stuck at 16 but when I started I was going from an 18 into a 20 because my gut was so big. They can say what they like at DESMOND. I shall carry on lchf :D

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You know I was thinking just the same thing, if they just confirm what his DPN says he will be so smug there will be no living with him.I might have to choke him with several mars bars. That would literally be death by chocolate.
On the bright side I have lost another 2 and a half pounds when I jumped on the scales this morning. Last week I was at my wits end not knowing what to eat on lchf but since I got my meter and a lot of help from here I am so much more comfortable with it and its beginning to pay off. I bought two new tops on saturday and had to buy size 14! Not been that for years. The bottom has yet to catch up its still stuck at 16 but when I started I was going from an 18 into a 20 because my gut was so big. They can say what they like at DESMOND. I shall carry on lchf :D
:) Well done... it's brilliant, isn't it?

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.6, OK but I was 5.2 at dinner +2.

Reactions: 12 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:) Well done... it's brilliant, isn't it?
Certainly is, I had a roast dinner yesterday with mashed cauliflower instead of potato, kale, peas, chicken and a small roast potato with a small amount of gravy. Thoroughly enjoyed it and my bs was 5.2 pre meal to 5.9 post meal.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Oh, for fried bread... :)
I have it fried in coconut oil or olive oil or even dripping.

5.6 This morning I'm happy with that.

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahhh, which almond recipe? Cakes, bread? Can't remember what I posted... :( I'll scroll back a bit and see what I've been rambling about this time...:)
It was the apple pie with almond pastry that caught my eye?? I can't believe in 7 months I've not been phased by no bread or cake!!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
It was the apple pie with almond pastry that caught my eye?? I can't believe in 7 months I've not been phased by no bread or cake!!
I can't believe you either!!!!!!!!
Bread has been a difficult one for me.
I love bread.
No I loved bread.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't believe you either!!!!!!!!
Bread has been a difficult one for me.
I love bread.
No I loved bread.
Wasn't ever keen on the sliced packet bread but obviously loved fresh crusty bakers bread!!

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.