Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Certainly is, I had a roast dinner yesterday with mashed cauliflower instead of potato, kale, peas, chicken and a small roast potato with a small amount of gravy. Thoroughly enjoyed it and my bs was 5.2 pre meal to 5.9 post meal.
Fantastic... talk to your uncle... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
It was the apple pie with almond pastry that caught my eye?? I can't believe in 7 months I've not been phased by no bread or cake!!
I know what you mean... :) I will look up the recipe for you and post it ... It is so lovely... I made individual ones in patty tins so I didn't get too much apple - I caramelised the apple first in Truvia and butter - a bit like a Tarte Tatin only the right way up... you have to form the pastry with your hands though... :)

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So....this morning
Spot on 5 !! I certainly approve! Had gone to bed on 5.5
Yesterday never went beyond 5.8 which even having gone out for carvery lunch, beef and pork with greens, sprouts, cauliflower and gravy- did wonder if it had cornflour in but if it had I was obviously ok with it!!
My 7, 14 and 30 day averages are still going to be a bit screwed after the 44 batch blips and yesterday my date was intrigued by testing so (using a new lancet of course!) I tested him, his 6.6 is now obviously going to be in my averages!! Oh well.....at least I know I'm still on track!!

Reactions: 15 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just tested my post breakfast bs and it is 4.8, it was 5.8 just prior to eating full fat greek yoghurt with blueberries and taking my metformin. there have been a few occasions this last week since I have been testing that the post bloods have been lower than the pre blood. Is this normal?

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can't believe you either!!!!!!!!
Bread has been a difficult one for me.
I love bread.
No I loved bread.
Just like you 'was better'... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've just tested my post breakfast bs and it is 4.8, it was 5.8 just prior to eating full fat greek yoghurt with blueberries and taking my metformin. there have been a few occasions this last week since I have been testing that the post bloods have been lower than the pre blood. Is this normal?
Mine often are, but I don't take meds - just LCHF and exercise... maybe it's different when you take meds? AndBreathe or ColdEthyl will know for sure... :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm off back to bed for a couple of hours.
Had a bad night wth pain.
Had a bad night with peeing.
I'm cream crackered.
Goodnight God bless my fellow diabolics.

Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
M
Mine often are, but I don't take meds - just LCHF and exercise... maybe it's different when you take meds? AndBreathe or ColdEthyl will know for sure... :)
My post breakfast ones are often lower- I assume that the food has stopped my liver dumping and has given it something to do.

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm cream crackered.
Bless you too, and I hope you sleep well...

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Am I not charting my readings right? If I had those readings I would put it down as +0.4. was the 5.2 before dinner and the 5.6 after?
Or was it 7.2?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
M

My post breakfast ones are often lower- I assume that the food has stopped my liver dumping and has given it something to do.
That makes perfect sense to me... :)

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm cream crackered.
God bless Jack hope the pain eases am praying for you.

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Similar to what I had Saturday evening, 5.8 on arrival at the Indian restaurant then my pot 2 hrs was 5.4, I thought maybe the 5.8 was me taking it too soon after walking there, I hadn't eaten for about 6 hours too by then, re-tests the 5.4 and it was true second time too!

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 at bedtime on Codefree batch 44 (high end of normal range)

a take your pick morning again
6.2/6.1 on batch 44
5.4/5.5 on Accu chek

1hr after breakfast 7.0/7.7 on batch 44
6.4 on Accu chek

As I keep saying, I hardly ever get a liver dump. My overnight averages are flat. The batch 44 was way above my normal range on fasting and after breakfast, the Acc chek was within normal range.

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

6.2/6.1 on batch 44
5.4/5.5 on Accu chek
so it continues

6.4 on Accu chek

As I keep saying, I hardly ever get a liver dump. My overnight averages are flat. The batch 44 was way above my normal range on fasting and after breakfast, the Acc chek was within normal range.

6.2/6.1 on batch 44
5.4/5.5 on Accu chek

6.4 on Accu chek

Yes, it's continuing bluetit! I'm fine with my 5 this morning but if bed was 5.5 that means I've lowered overnight not my usual flat or slight rise?!! Maybe bed time was more 5 not 5.5 ??!! 44 is being a pain!!

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it's continuing bluetit! I'm fine with my 5 this morning but if bed was 5.5 that means I've lowered overnight not my usual flat or slight rise?!! Maybe bed time was more 5 not 5.5 ??!! 44 is being a pain!!

From this morning's fasting I am using my Accu Chek for the next 7 days, with a second reading from my batch 44 and comparing the two for every reading. I keep detailed records including weekly averages of each time tested. After a week I should have enough information to say by how much the Codefree is high.

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh fried bread, not had that for msny years! :)

I'm another that can manage half a slice of fried white bread with a fry up meal. It does nothing to my levels at all, either at 1hr or 2hrs. The fat in the meal seems to allow this.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.