Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning. Started street running yesterday. I've decided to do a combination of treadmill and street running.

Have a great week, healthy levels and victory over seasonal afflictions one and all. :)

Reactions: 20 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning after going to bed on a 5.7 too....going to have a catch up evening here tonight, I'm up and out soon to my holiday centre again!!

Reactions: 18 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 before dinner
7.1 after 1 hour
5.5 fasting
Have changed from tea to coffee as I don't take sweetner in it and also very little milk, almost black so hoping this would help too.

Reactions: 16 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. I had a four finger kitkat last night as well. Bs went up to 8.8 afterwards though so even though it's not as bad as bread it shall only be an occasional treat

Reactions: 16 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
5.6 this dank looking morning.

Reactions: 18 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks pavlovsdog. My yoghurt was Rachel's organic Greek Style coconut at 10.4g carbs per 100g. Tonight I used Morrison's own plain Greek Style at 5.1g per 100g.(but got a much worse reading with the same Granola and frozen berries). I'll give both your suggestions a try. My next yoghurt is Fage Total.at 3.8 per 100g.

I love Fage Greek yoghurt but I've had to stop buying it as I keep eating too much! I'm trying out the Alpro with almonds atm, it's quite nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried the almond milk and it was ok but no better for BS than my normal soya milk - Sainsbury's unsweetened...and taste wise no better in cereal and lousy for a brew... :yuck: And dearer :D

Almond milk is nice for making porrige though, as is Hazelnut milk, yum! For those who can eat porrige, that is :)

Reactions: 6 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
7.2 this morning (6.7 last night).

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.