Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I tested later than normal but had a bad nights sleep. Food wise I was ok so I'm guilt free! X

Reactions: 7 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
my levels are always highest in the morning. But Im a really bad sleeper unless I take sleeping pills could this be the reason being restless all night??

hornplayer

My levels aren't brilliant in the mornings. A few weeks ago, I tested within five minutes of waking up and it was ok. Not brilliant, but ok. Then I tested again, about half hour later, after I'd done morning things, - shower, teeth, ( No breakfast) etc, and it had gone up by more than four points.

Go figure?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
must be not sleeping if activity before breakfast ups them most of mine are between 9 and 10

mat1uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning after a tea comprising 150g whole wheat pasta, 50g seriously strong cheddar cheese, 100g birdseye field fresh peas and 40g of grilled chorizo. I'm am an advocate of exercise after my evening meal and did my usual 10-12 miles cycling last night on my return one hour after eating I was 5.0 and after two hours I was 4.9. Carb intake for that meal was approx 100g

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
6.1 which is the norm for me. Goes down to the 5s by mid morning! In the summer it goes up to the 7s. Don't know why as no diet change.

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me today, so bang in the middle of my "happy range".

This morning I have to get a wiggle on. I'm at the drop in podiatry clinic this morning with a dark spot under the nail of one of my big toes. At the end of last week, the toe was sore for a couple of days, at the base of the nail. It felt like there was an infection, but nothing evident. As I already have an assessment appointment in a couple of weeks, I thought I'd just watch it, but the darkness under the nail spurred me into action. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, but I'm playing the cautious card. Looking at it, it looks bruised, and maybe I have had some sort of infection at the nail root, but I can't think how or why. The only difference in recent times is wearing shoes. For the previous months, I lived barefoot, in flipflops or strappy sandals, but patently back in UK, that's neither plausible nor practical. I've mainly been wearing soft loafers, which would do no harm, but maybe the day of the different shoes debacle has bitten back. I know I haven't lost anything like as much weight as others, but my feet are slimmer, and perhaps the shoes just don't fit as well as before.

Oh dear. More retail therapy?

I always say if you look hard enough there'll be a silver lining. ;)

Play nicely boys and girls.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 before dinner 5.1 after 2 hours woke up to 5.5 another day of rise on fasting

Reactions: 2 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
ok best reading on my meter since I bought it at 3.30am this morning after I had to rush to the loo with bad stomach, pondered for a while what had I eaten to make this happen as I have now enough evidence know that any more than 40g of carbs for dinner gives bad results in the morning nothing I thought to myself except maybe to many fats or is my body adjusting to lower mmol bearing in mind before my last hba1c i was hovering around 17 with no side effects

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ok best reading on my meter since I bought it at 3.30am this morning after I had to rush to the loo with bad stomach, pondered for a while what had I eaten to make this happen as I have now enough evidence know that any more than 40g of carbs for dinner gives bad results in the morning nothing I thought to myself except maybe to many fats or is my body adjusting to lower mmol bearing in mind before my last hba1c i was hovering around 17 with no side effects

So, what was that best ever? Go on,............................... blow your own trumpet!!

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
10.8 don't like posting numbers usually as I am a long way off everyone else

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4. Better but not good enough. Perhaps the revolting swig of neat gin last night did have certain blood lowering properties o_O

Reactions: 3 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
decided at 6.30 to test bloods before getting out of bed to find my battery dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.