Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Feeling aok now. Not well at all all day yesterday. On lunch break.
4.4 mmol/l fasting

Reactions: 17 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to add my latest.
1hr after FF Greek yogurt and only 35g raspberries with flaxseed (normally a few more berries than that) I was a huge 7.8. I have NEVER had a spike of 2.2 after brekkie (always under 1mmol/l) and yes, I did re-test and got an 8.0. Tried Accu chek and got 7.7. There is something going on.
Looks like you just have to go with the ride, Mrs B. :(

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting today 5.6 after going to bed on 5.6 too, still batch 44 so I will take that as ok! Never went beyond 6.1 yesterday after dinner which was my wonderful black farmers sausage, mushrooms and full fat coleslaw, also some raspberries and cream after.
Will be ordering new strips later, will add a request not to send me batch 44 I think! Hba1c day tomorrow so wait to see what results say about no meds......I seem ok but will freak if it's up from my 38 in October!!
Homehealth have stated several times now that batch 4144 is exhausted, so you should be safe.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 12 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.6 this morning sO weird man....5.1 just before lunch now!

Reactions: 15 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is easy to see why DNs say don't test as it'll stress you.. Though of course the consequences of not testing are even more stressful. I used one of my new batch 61 last night and it and batch 44 were the same this time so it'll be interesting to see how they pan out. My current pot of 44 has been ok bar the odd ridiculous outlier - I got 7.1 this morning then 6.2 on my other hand which I'd washed better !!!
I've decided just to use the remaining pots of batch 44 and just test any wacky readings with my new batch.
@Bluetit1802 sorry your readings are up... Maybe you're brewing something. X

Reactions: 9 people

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Well done Jack all your hard work paying dividends.
You know something JD .... it's not really been that hard.
A change is as good as a rest they say and learning this stuff from .... the people on this forum .... has been interesting and amusing.
Little bit of a chalenge here and there.
The fact I've had to learn something new about what I'm shoving in my cake hole .... now my low carb hole is still a learning curve and still interesting.
I know small things amuse .... it aint no small thing it's my life.
Thanks for the good wishes everyone and thanks for this site .... you people and hopefully me too now really can help change peoples lives
for the better.
Even save a life or two.
Cheers everyone.

Reactions: 11 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
I was thinking the same.......hope you are o.k :)

Reactions: 10 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
You know something JD .... it's not really been that hard.
A change is as good as a rest they say and learning this stuff from .... the people on this forum .... has been interesting and amusing.
Little bit of a chalenge here and there.
The fact I've had to learn something new about what I'm shoving in my cake hole .... now my low carb hole is still a learning curve and still interesting.
I know small things amuse .... it aint no small thing it's my life.
Thanks for the good wishes everyone and thanks for this site .... you people and hopefully me too now really can help change peoples lives
for the better.
Even save a life or two.
Cheers everyone.
Right !!

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Good day, to those of you that have been taking interest in my saga of getting my bloods taken and then the results, I have at last received confirmation of my HB1ac results from test last Wednesday, under IFCC standards 34, in our terms 5.8.

Rather pleased with that, actually rather delighted, in fact if I could sing or dance I would.

It thanks to everyone on here who has offered advice and on occasions sympathy that I have managed this, so to all who are struggling and indeed those that don't, Many, Many thanks, I my wife and my family truly thank you.

I will not be taking my foot off the pedal I know its a long road, but a road made easier because of the people on this site.

THANK YOU ALL.
That is amazing... you have worked so hard, that number is your reward.... :joyful::joyful: We'll be here to push when the going gets a bit rough... well done JohnD.... :happy:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You get to go to court for speeding!!!!
You must have been a baaaad girl.
I was pulled on the Wrexham bypass in North Wales doing 97.
When he asked me why I was doing 97 I knew no excuse under the sun was going to get me out of it so I said ... because it won't do 98 .... nicked.
:D

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The current tub seems marginally better than the previous one though it still throws a wobbly first thing , esp if my meter is cold. Got some more on dispatch so hoping they are different lot. Otherwise they are going back. Glad you are feeling better - I always find I improve more quickly if I've shared it with someone else.
:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No but we are going for a meal tonight with my daughter, its her birthday so I shudder to think what it will be in the morning. I am going with the intention of having a steak with salad, what happens when I get there under the bad influence of my daughter and her husband is another matter, I think I will have to rely on my sensible 6yr old grandaughter to keep on the straight and narrow;)
Enjoy
Oh I did. I had steak and salad just like I said,I also may have had a small spoonful of cheesecake, well maybe more of a desert spoonful. Ok maybe more than one......alright it was a full portion with strawberries, double cream and a raspberry coule. :oops: You would have hated it.
Baaaaaad.... :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fasting today 5.6 after going to bed on 5.6 too, still batch 44 so I will take that as ok! Never went beyond 6.1 yesterday after dinner which was my wonderful black farmers sausage, mushrooms and full fat coleslaw, also some raspberries and cream after.
Will be ordering new strips later, will add a request not to send me batch 44 I think! Hba1c day tomorrow so wait to see what results say about no meds......I seem ok but will freak if it's up from my 38 in October!!
Good luck tomorrow... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.3 still got rough chest and golf ball glands in my neck back to doctors tomorrow pm cause feeling worse than when i started this lot of antibiotics that finish on Thursday. Roll on 3rd or 4th march when i see immune system people @ kings college.
It sounds as though you've picked up something really awful... :( I hope things start to improve soon, you'll be worn out with it...

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It sounds as though you've picked up something really awful... :( I hope things start to improve soon, you'll be worn out with it...
Yeah am shattered going to bed early either a hot sugar free vimto night all sleep well.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.