Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a bad day yesterday, couldn't get out of the 6's from fasting until pre-evening meal. No obvious reasons. So I decided to have a carb free evening meal. Total of 5g carbs approx. (Only 32g all day, normally around 50g at the moment)

Before tea 5.2
2hrs after, 6.0
3hrs after 5.9
Bedtime 5.6 (higher than average)
Fasting 5.6

I was surprised at the 0.8 rise after so few carbs at tea time and surprised it didn't go down further during the evening.
I hope I haven't caught a virtual lurgy from people on here!

Just to add my latest.
1hr after FF Greek yogurt and only 35g raspberries with flaxseed (normally a few more berries than that) I was a huge 7.8. I have NEVER had a spike of 2.2 after brekkie (always under 1mmol/l) and yes, I did re-test and got an 8.0. Tried Accu chek and got 7.7. There is something going on.

Reactions: 14 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I must change my signature. ..I'm on Lantus and Novorapid now :( x
I had a look at your old posts, you have only been on insulin for a week or so..early days indeed, but that should make it easier to get better BG levels by working with your nurse and the clever T1's here :)

have you asked about a course yet?
There is an online course for background and an idea to it. Free to register
http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/
and simple workbooks Carbohydrate Counting , The Next Steps

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting today 5.6 after going to bed on 5.6 too, still batch 44 so I will take that as ok! Never went beyond 6.1 yesterday after dinner which was my wonderful black farmers sausage, mushrooms and full fat coleslaw, also some raspberries and cream after.
Will be ordering new strips later, will add a request not to send me batch 44 I think! Hba1c day tomorrow so wait to see what results say about no meds......I seem ok but will freak if it's up from my 38 in October!!

Reactions: 16 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Fasting today 5.6 after going to bed on 5.6 too, still batch 44 so I will take that as ok! Never went beyond 6.1 yesterday after dinner which was my wonderful black farmers sausage, mushrooms and full fat coleslaw, also some raspberries and cream after.
Will be ordering new strips later, will add a request not to send me batch 44 I think! Hba1c day tomorrow so wait to see what results say about no meds......I seem ok but will freak if it's up from my 38 in October!!
Steady...wait for it ....

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Just to add my latest.
1hr after FF Greek yogurt and only 35g raspberries with flaxseed (normally a few more berries than that) I was a huge 7.8. I have NEVER had a spike of 2.2 after brekkie (always under 1mmol/l) and yes, I did re-test and got an 8.0. Tried Accu chek and got 7.7. There is something going on.

Hi BT :) Just an odd one. Yep, I know by your own admissions your'e "obsessive" with the numbers and the testing but with the restraints you have in place, just ignore it. Relax and let it go. Knowing you and your normal figures (which I know only too well as I try to emulate you to some degree) it'll pass.

Control what you can, ignore what you cannot and appreciate the difference. You'll be fine :)

Mike :)

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.

Your dinner sounds divine!!!

Good luck with your Hba1c test - you will be fine!!!

Reactions: 10 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
5.5 today, must do better next time

Happy Tuesday all :)

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Control what you can, ignore what you cannot and appreciate the difference.

OK, that's my quote for the day! No, for the year! What a brilliant sentiment! I wish I'd had that taped to my monitor a couple of years ago - it might have saved me from a breakdown and subsequent departure from my highly stressful job of 13 years!

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Apropos my post above, I haven't posted my readings for the past few days as it was too depressing! (I concur with the poster who said now we know why we are discouraged by our DNs from testing).

I think that was me - but testing is still justified of course! Data > knowledge, knowledge > power.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your dinner sounds divine!!!

Good luck with your Hba1c test - you will be fine!!!
It's one of my quick, favourite dinners! Only carb content is the coleslaw, about 6gm and I allow a couple grams for the sausages so max 10gm total, around 6gm for raspberries too.

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi BT :) Just an odd one. Yep, I know by your own admissions your'e "obsessive" with the numbers and the testing but with the restraints you have in place, just ignore it. Relax and let it go. Knowing you and your normal figures (which I know only too well as I try to emulate you to some degree) it'll pass.

Control what you can, ignore what you cannot and appreciate the difference. You'll be fine :)

Bless you Mike, what a lovely thing to post :) I will keep calm and low carb on!

Reactions: 7 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
OK, that's my quote for the day! No, for the year! What a brilliant sentiment! I wish I'd had that taped to my monitor a couple of years ago - it might have saved me from a breakdown and subsequent departure from my highly stressful job of 13 years!

Thank you :)

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bless you Mike, what a lovely thing to post :) I will keep calm and low carb on!

.... my pleasure BT :) You're not just another forum member who came to my aid when I needed it, you are my friend ...... some things we never forget in our time of need.

Bless :)

Mike

Reactions: 13 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Sublime to ridiculous - 6.8 :banghead: (and that was the average of 3).

Explanation options:
1) Overdid the kidney beans and portion of the chilli con carne and blueberries at dinner (we have chilli con carne about once a month and it does spike me a bit of course next morning, though not usually that much). Actual dinner was 5.0 > 6.1.
2) Work and tiredness.
3) One of those things.

I will not stress over this

I don't normally test after breakfast or lunch, but at breakfast +2 (bacon, eggs, coffee/cream) I was still 6.3. Ten minutes on the rowing machine burnt it down to 5.5.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.3 still got rough chest and golf ball glands in my neck back to doctors tomorrow pm cause feeling worse than when i started this lot of antibiotics that finish on Thursday. Roll on 3rd or 4th march when i see immune system people @ kings college.

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi @Dibbles1 :)

:happy:

Might not work for everyone but I'm a huge advocate for it because it lowers my following morning readings (big time) and despite the intervening sleep, keeps the body more active across the available 24 hours of the day.

I wish I was still young Dibbs but hey, don't well all? :D

Life's not merely what you live, it's what you do with it

Good nite to all my great friends :)

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.