Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am off to a family birthday do this evening. Am currently making Black Forest chocolate pots - Jamie Oliver chocolate tofu mousse topped with cherries soaked in cherry brandy finished with whipped coconut cream, chocolate buttons and pistachios. Inspired by a conversation with @covknit who is a recent tofu mousse covert :)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
BF: fine herbe omelette with chives and marjoram from the garden
Lunch: Fav Sunday Indian buffet to celebrate friend's birthday. Will have the salads with yoghurt dressing, vegetable curries, dahl, etc
Dinner: left over roasted Mediterranean vege with a bit of feta

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I am off to a family birthday do this evening. Am currently making Black Forest chocolate pots - Jamie Oliver chocolate tofu mousse topped with cherries soaked in cherry brandy finished with whipped coconut cream, chocolate buttons and pistachios. Inspired by a conversation with @covknit who is a recent tofu mousse covert :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
can I go to? That sounds wonderful. I do love that recipe.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
K

Kat100

Sounds devine hope the party was good x

K

Kat100

BF: fine herbe omelette with chives and marjoram from the garden
Lunch: Fav Sunday Indian buffet to celebrate friend's birthday. Will have the salads with yoghurt dressing, vegetable curries, dahl, etc
Dinner: left over roasted Mediterranean vege with a bit of feta
All sounds nice ..
I am haveing spice night tomorrow :)

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Sounds devine hope the party was good x
Thanks Kat :cat: The puddings were yum, but I feel like a blob now! Need some clean food to square things up :angelic:

image.jpg

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Have tried two new recipes today and they are both keepers. Will post them on the vegan thread. So dinner was...

Roasted Mediterranean veg sprinkled with spicy sunflower seeds and a little pot of garlic aioli for dipping.

Made loads so same again tomorrow.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: golden milk

L: Tesco high protein toast with almond butter, strawberries

D: 2 LM sausages*, leftover veg with spicy sunflower seeds, tofu aioli with sriracha sauce added. Nice n spicy :hungry:

*Linda Mac sausages are on offer in Iceland - box of 6 for a £1 so my freezer is bursting at the seams :oops:

Reactions: Ledzeptt
K

Kat100

B: golden milk

L: Tesco high protein toast with almond butter, strawberries

D: 2 LM sausages*, leftover veg with spicy sunflower seeds, tofu aioli with sriracha sauce added. Nice n spicy :hungry:

*Linda Mac sausages are on offer in Iceland - box of 6 for a £1 so my freezer is bursting at the seams :oops:
Good offer that , the number of times I walk past Iceland x
Now I will dash in .. top tip thank you @Avocado Sevenfold :)

K

Kat100

Have tried two new recipes today and they are both keepers. Will post them on the vegan thread. So dinner was...

Roasted Mediterranean veg sprinkled with spicy sunflower seeds and a little pot of garlic aioli for dipping.

Made loads so same again tomorrow.
I will have a peep if they are both keepers that's great :)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I've been off food, but back to normal yesterday so:

B: Egg on toast

L: Quorn slice & salad sandwich

D: Pizza (which I ruined by overcooking!) and salad

Snacks: Popcorn. Satsumas.