Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Muesli

L: Family meal out: Garlic bread & (small) pizza

D: Cherry tomatoes on toast

K

Kat100

Yesterday I was awoken by the worst ever leg cramps. Could see the muscle spasming and contorting. Gross. Thought I was a goner. The leg was sore all day after it. Today I am waiting for the amazon fairies to bring a bottle of magnesium with potassium.

Yesterday I had:

B: a glass of Supergreens drink and an avocado

D: chilli made with veeg mince, veg and mixed beans. Guacamole and a few Doritos

Drank 2l of tonic water and had a bath in Epsom salts
Legs cramps , hope you are feeling better , muscle spasm very painful .. take care x

Reactions: Sable_Jan
K

Kat100

Yesterday I was awoken by the worst ever leg cramps. Could see the muscle spasming and contorting. Gross. Thought I was a goner. The leg was sore all day after it. Today I am waiting for the amazon fairies to bring a bottle of magnesium with potassium.

Yesterday I had:

B: a glass of Supergreens drink and an avocado

D: chilli made with veeg mince, veg and mixed beans. Guacamole and a few Doritos

Drank 2l of tonic water and had a bath in Epsom salts
Hugs to .. Monday hug day .. scary very scary x not a gonner :eek:

S

Sable_Jan

Legs cramps , hope you are feeling better , muscle spasm very painful .. take care x
In the meantime maybe Lo Salt would help? Pretty sure it contains potassium...(chloride) along with the normal salt (sodium chloride) but maybe your diet just needs more salt per se? My brother had to take salt tablets on foreign hols h drink plenty of he got dehydrated & cramps. Caveat .. re salt if on BP meds

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Stop eating gary :D
Tesco have just launched their own Gary range. It is made by Bute so should be like the Sainsbury's range. It is reported that the jalapeno and chilli flavour is really good. It's a bit of a trek to the big Tesco though.

Reactions: Ledzeptt
A

Avocado Sevenfold

In the meantime maybe Lo Salt would help? Pretty sure it contains potassium...(chloride) along with the normal salt (sodium chloride) but maybe your diet just needs more salt per se? My brother had to take salt tablets on foreign hols h drink plenty of he got dehydrated & cramps. Caveat .. re salt if on BP meds
Cheers, SJ. I don't know what to do for the best tbh. We swapped to Himalayan pink salt in the house a few weeks ago and it is supposed to be good. Have started on potassium and magnesium supplements now. Seeing the hypertension doc in a couple of weeks so not on any meds (yet). Feeling a bit more human today, but I think that is due to getting a decent sleep.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: golden milk

L: spiralised Thai salad with edamame beans, tofu pieces, peanut dressing, spicy sunflower seeds.

D: last of the chilli with gary and guacamole

Snacks: brazil nuts

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @Avocado Sevenfold I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

Today:

L: Chicken slice (quorn really) with salad sandwich. Popcorn.

D: LM sweet potato kiev with baked potato and peas. Carb overload, so perhaps I overdid the insulin; hence the hypo? (More likely just a random T3c thing.)

No snacks other than an unplanned supper...

I've just had a hypo- worst time, just before bedtime, but it wasn't too bad. Now eating a hot cross bun: it was either that or eat about six of my usual oat cakes -> close call! I'm sure @Kat100 will forgive me for not waiting until Good Friday!

S

Sable_Jan

Cheers, SJ. I don't know what to do for the best tbh. We swapped to Himalayan pink salt in the house a few weeks ago and it is supposed to be good. Have started on potassium and magnesium supplements now. Seeing the hypertension doc in a couple of weeks so not on any meds (yet). Feeling a bit more human today, but I think that is due to getting a decent sleep.
Sooo glad you got a decent sleep...makes so much difference to your day.

K

Kat100

Hi @Avocado Sevenfold I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

Today:

L: Chicken slice (quorn really) with salad sandwich. Popcorn.

D: LM sweet potato kiev with baked potato and peas. Carb overload, so perhaps I overdid the insulin; hence the hypo? (More likely just a random T3c thing.)

No snacks other than an unplanned supper...

I've just had a hypo- worst time, just before bedtime, but it wasn't too bad. Now eating a hot cross bun: it was either that or eat about six of my usual oat cakes -> close call! I'm sure @Kat100 will forgive me for not waiting until Good Friday!
You are forgiven @Ledzeptt you can have another hot cross bun on Friday ,I will join you x
Look after yourself :) you made the right choice lol

Blacksaber

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well for breakfast I had Quaker rolled oats with semi skinned, then lunch was a nice bowl of butternut squash soup, and now dinner was mashed potato with shed loads of different veg and some quorn fillets.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well for breakfast I had Quaker rolled oats with semi skinned, then lunch was a nice bowl of butternut squash soup, and now dinner was mashed potato with shed loads of different veg and some quorn fillets.
Hi Blacksaber and welcome to the forum :) Have you had type 2 for long?

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: usual yoghurt, muesli, fruit mix
Dinner: grapes & strong cheddar (nicer with mild but it needed using up)
Tea: will be pizza....

Reactions: Ledzeptt