What have you bought when shopping with low blood sugars?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I had to repair a fairway buoy. The jetski and wetsuit were purely for the commute:)

Everything I've said is an absolute lie by the way, just to make that clear. I can't actually weld, nor did I repair the buoy;)

Jokes aside, I bought none of it. If anyone got chuckle, I'm glad!

Aw, spoilt it - they're all good things to have in the attic

Reactions: Dodo

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Let's just say I change the passcode on my Xbox fairly regularly as their no refund policy includes not being of sound mind. :(

I haven't had a low on a food shop so not been tempted that way yet.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diakat, I think I'd instil a fair amount of panic with the passengers if they saw me fixing ship's electrical appliances donning a wetsuit.

"Ready for all eventualities" doesn't even begin to describe it:)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat, I think I'd instil a fair amount of panic with the passengers if they saw me fixing ship's electrical appliances donning a wetsuit.

"Ready for all eventualities" doesn't even begin to describe it:)
It's almost worth trying. Dare ya!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before I got my cgm, every time I tried on a new outfit at home, and it looked awful, I presumed I was hypo when I bought it. . . . Unfortunately I don't have that excuse now!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Everytime I'm low I blame insulin for every stupid thing I buy. Avos aren't stupid for me ( haha) but 15 at one time are

I hypod today, headache now and overshopped avo.
Hope to s
Eep without beadache and nightmare as I just woke up to.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Before I got my cgm, every time I tried on a new outfit at home, and it looked awful, I presumed I was hypo when I bought it. . . . Unfortunately I don't have that excuse now!

I know that feeling! My worst have been a baywatch-style swimsuit when I was far too old for that kind of thing and a pair of 4" stack heels, a danger to self and all around me. I've still got the heels, just to look at, cos no one else wanted them. They taught me that women who sway their bums as they walk aren't being provocative, they're just trying to keep their balance.

Reactions: Dodo

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Everytime I'm low I blame insulin for every stupid thing I buy. Avos aren't stupid for me ( haha) but 15 at one time are

I hypod today, headache now and overshopped avo.
Hope to s
Eep without beadache and nightmare as I just woke up to.

Hope it's all levelled out now

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me:
A pack of chocolate eclairs
2 custard slices
Rolos
Fruit cake
And a packet of chocolate-covered ginger biscuits.

All I really needed was 2 glucotabs and a cup of tea.
went to bed chuckling to myself over your post just continued to read thread an i dare say il be chuckling for rest of day haha i think today is gonna be a good day thanks for laugh xx

D

Deleted Account

Buy something with a hypo?
One of my hypo symptoms is a complete inability to focus on something for long enough to make a decision ... including the decision to check my BG to confirm the hypo and to remember where I put my multiple packets of dextrose.
Whodda thought this was my body's safety mechanism to stop me buying a diving suit?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No, luckily! Once I'd sobered up, as it were, I was tempted by the custard slices but saved them and the biscuits for another time. I did have some of the rolos, served the fruitcake (apt symbol of me shopping) to hubby and the choc eclairs mouldered. I don't even like them.

Well thank goodness for that, wonder what the shop assistant thought when you put that lot through the till :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate to imagine!

I was still a bit damp round the edges - she may have thought I was suffering from a fever, or drunk! Luckily I explained to the people in the cafe, who were really nice when I went for a cup of tea. I'm sometimes self-consciously concerned about impressions made when hypo.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am very irrational when hypo, and despite being allergic to shopping for stuff to wear I have been known to shop while hypo for expensive items of clothing and jewellery. I have a beautiful pair of large handmade silver earrings and a gorgeous handmade sweater both purchased from art shows while 'under the influence', and ever since buying them have been doing my very very best to decrease their average cost-per-wear by wearing them ALL the time.....

Gulp.

I don't have the money for such behaviour. It really bothers me.
#Snapsyneedssupervision

:nailbiting:

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I changed our gas and electricity supplier. I have no recollection of doing this, but the new company said someone had been going door-to-door in our area, and there was the paperwork with my signature on. Husband was unamused, at least until he realised he could guilt them into a discount for taking advantage of someone not mentally all there.