What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
No Oppo ice cream in H&B Scunthorpe. :( I'll keep searching.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No Oppo ice cream in H&B Scunthorpe. :( I'll keep searching.
I once in my working days got very close to Scunthorpe - by accident as it was the opposite way to where I wanted to go. Took the wrong turning leaving Hull and ended up having to cross the Humber Bridge - big bridge that.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I once in my working days got very close to Scunthorpe - by accident as it was the opposite way to where I wanted to go. Took the wrong turning leaving Hull and ended up having to cross the Humber Bridge - big bridge that.

Yes, we've done that. :)

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Strangely hungry today - got so hungry and light-headed about 40 minutes before lunch I tested to see if my sugars had dropped unusually low, but no, a respectable 5.4. Forty minutes later when testing before eating had dropped to 4.6 so was definitely falling fast.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - tuna mayo with baby spinach, rocket and baby plum tomatoes. Didn't feel like quite enough at the time but that passed.

Dinner - bit of a decadent one. Rib-eye steak with lightly buttered cauliflower; sugar free jelly with plenty of cream; 2 squares 90%

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just added a wee glass of prosecco to the mix. These M&S jerk drumstick thingies have a bit of a kick to them.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well, yesterday's menu went all to pot due to a power outage (I think it was that wind) and we ended up having deli meats, cheeses, taramasalata, salad and Lidl protein roll for dinner - quick, easy and very tasty.

So, today its:

Breakfast: Usual Wednesday breakfast of eggs, bacon, chipolatas, grilled tomato and mushrooms

Lunch: Probably an enormous Costa decaff Americano with cream

Dinner: What should have been yesterdays - leftover roast chicken with bubble and squeak and sugar free cranberry sauce

Snack: Probably a few nuts and a couple of squares of 90%

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterday was
B: Fathead cheese and ham rollup
L: forgot
D: 2 Bratwurst, mashed swede with cheese, and stirfried courgette, green pepper and onion.
Was planning on berries and cream, but forgot about them during the Walking Dead episode we watched. Season finale tonight!

today will be
B: none
L: not yet sure. poss bacon and egg
D: dietdoctor cauliflower soup with pancetta and walnuts. Mr B will probably add a Lidl roll to his, while I will finish with those berries and cream that didn't get eaten last night.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Agent Chook reporting in..... no Oppo icecream in H&B Chesterfield (which is at Dobbie's Garden Centre).

More importantly, no really high % chocolate at Dobbie's either. :( For some reason I thought Dobbie's sold VERY high % Lindt - but they just sold the usual %s at a vastly inflated price. :(

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Breakfast - none

Lunch - had a meeting outside the office which took me past Five Guys. Couldn't resist - bunless cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce with mayo, tomatoes and onions

Dinner - impromptu decision to skip as not hungry: think it must be due to the high fat content of lunch

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agent Chook reporting in..... no Oppo icecream in H&B Chesterfield (which is at Dobbie's Garden Centre).

More importantly, no really high % chocolate at Dobbie's either. :( For some reason I thought Dobbie's sold VERY high % Lindt - but they just sold the usual %s at a vastly inflated price. :(
I could have told you that. Big fan of Dobbies but it ain't cheap.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Breakfast - none

Lunch - had a meeting outside the office which took me past Five Guys. Couldn't resist - bunless cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce with mayo, tomatoes and onions

Dinner - impromptu decision to skip as not hungry: think it must be due to the high fat content of lunch
What's Five Guys?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I want it to be Friday. Can't settle at the moment bed 7 FBG 6.8 and pre breakfast oddly was also 6.8. Maybe my depressive state is keeping it down.
B. Boiled egg and Tassimo morning coffee with cream
L. Nothing
D. Just changed it. Was going to have meatballs with Mediterranean veg and some kind of tomato sauce but opted for a roast chicken instead with a mix of steamed broccoli, sprouts, cabbage and leeks.
MFP really won't like me today.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a burger chain. Quite new in the UK (first one opened about 3 or 4 years ago). Originated on the East Coast of the US. I used to travel there a lot for work and fell in love with them. Really tasty burgers.
And I've now discovered there is one at the Fort which I almost reside at I am there so often.
I assume they are carry out places as they only seem to list collect or deliver at the Fort.
They do say another 2 will be opening in Edinburgh.

Reactions: Goonergal

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today I had some polish garlic coil sausage and old cheddar cheese.
Dinner was a nice bowl of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries with cream and a little bit of bran flakes for some crunch.
Oh yeah, I had an apple. Lots of water and lots of coffee with heavy cream.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all. Yesterday I had no sugar jelly with cream for breakfast, skipped lunch and had a slice of crispy belly pork,with butter fried kale and eggs.

Today I plan to have

B- Greek style full fat yoghurt
L- nothing
D- will be bacon and eggs