What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast Blackberry and full fat greek yougurt with half a Benacol stirred in.
Lunch - just a few nuts
Dinner - Salmon and lettuce, a few tomatoes plenty of olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
Small bowl of mixed berries and full fat cream.

Amazing how filling fat is.

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Late morning brunch, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, chopped up sausage, onion, green peppers and 3 strips of bacon. Followed up with coffee with cream only and a few walnuts and peanuts.

Dinner will be roasts beef with broccoli and cauliflower and a very small amount of mashed potatoes which I may pass on.

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having a better day. Took your advice @Chook and had an early night. Conked straight out and never heard a thing until 7.50am when it was time to get up for swimming. Bed on 6.2 FBG 7.2 and oddly pre breakfast 6.8. Descended into the 5's post swimming and it has been dropping slowly all day.
B. Still had some mixed courgette so it was another courgette cheese 'sandwich'. They are sooo good
L. Not hungrý. Another advantage of the cheese 'sandwich' is that it is very filling.
D. Still pondering but I think it will be a prawn salad with lettuce, tomato , 1/2 avocado, 2 Walnuts, bit çornish cove cheese and some fresh anchovies.
I'll also have that prosecco you suggested @Chook and I have a large stock of 90%!

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B- nothing
L- nothing
D- salad with chicken and mayo washed down with a nice glass of red and possibly some pork scratchings whilst everyone else has crisps and chocolate on our movie night in. X

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - tuna mayo with rocket and baby plum tomatoes; Oppo chocolate ice cream with double cream added

Dinner - home made burgers with feta, onion, tomato and spinach, buttered broccoli; 2 squares 90%

Reactions: Chook

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Mushroom and tomato omelette. Had to add a sprinkle of salt and ask for a dab of butter to go on the egg, because it was totally fat free, and virtually tasteless! lol.
L: 3 wasabi flavoured crisps. which were DELICIOUS
D: It turns out I am going to have to do a fair bit of driving this evening (unexpectedly), and think that the simplest option will be a drive through bunless burger. Not going to have time to cook, and since we just filled the fridge with proper food that will take more time than is available to prepare and eat, fast food just looks logical. Hey ho. At least it will be a quality burger! :D

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Mushroom and tomato omelette. Had to add a sprinkle of salt and ask for a dab of butter to go on the egg, because it was totally fat free, and virtually tasteless! lol.
L: 3 wasabi flavoured crisps. which were DELICIOUS
D: It turns out I am going to have to do a fair bit of driving this evening (unexpectedly), and think that the simplest option will be a drive through bunless burger. Not going to have time to cook, and since we just filled the fridge with proper food that will take more time than is available to prepare and eat, fast food just looks logical. Hey ho. At least it will be a quality burger! :D
Bunless Burger? A low carbers McDonald's?

pms543

[QUOTE="maglil55, post: 1483466, member: 52911")
B. Still had some mixed courgette so it was another courgette cheese 'sandwich'. They are sooo good
L. Not hungrý. Another advantage of the cheese 'sandwich' is that it is very filling.
@Chook and I have a large stock of 90%![/QUOTE]

Ooo sounds tasty how do you make that? Meaning the courgette cheese sandwich

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="maglil55, post: 1483466, member: 52911")
@Chook and I have a large stock of 90%!

Ooo sounds tasty how do you make that? Meaning the courgette cheese sandwich[/QUOTE]
Here it is. Substitute Almond flour for the cornflour (or cornstarch as this USA recipe calls it). It is just to bind the mix. It is REALLY good. I'm starting to experiment with it. I added some beansprouts which gave it a bit more crunch and hot paprika.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52458/zucchini-grilled-cheese-recipe/

Reactions: Lally123 and pms543

pms543

Reactions: mo53

pms543

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ooo sounds tasty how do you make that? Meaning the courgette cheese sandwich
Here it is. Substitute Almond flour for the cornflour (or cornstarch as this USA recipe calls it). It is just to bind the mix. It is REALLY good. I'm starting to experiment with it. I added some beansprouts which gave it a bit more crunch and hot paprika.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52458/zucchini-grilled-cheese-recipe/[/QUOTE]

Great recipe!! My courgette plants are producing flowers so not long no until I'm drowning in courgettes and this recipe will come in very useful. Thanks @maglil55

Reactions: pms543

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hmmmmm - something seems to be going wrong with the quotes thingy in the reply button...

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday was a lovely day out to my favourite pub on a beach and I forgot to take my meter with me.....

Breakfast: Toby Carvery all you can eat buffet breakfast of sausages, a couple of rashers of their bacon, fried eggs, mushrooms and a small amount of baked beans

2 hour drive to Chapel St. Leonard

Lunch: Cup of the weakest decaff coffee I've ever tasted in a beach cafe - barely had enough strength to crawl out of the cup. The cafe didn't have cream and the coffee had no taste so I had a drop of milk in it

Got in the car to drive to the Admiral Benbow pub on the beach and the car wouldn't start. Phoned RAC and waited two hours for nice chap to fit car with a new (expensive) battery - so had another cup of that vile decaff followed by a diet coke (so sweet!)

Afternoon: Sat in the sun looking at the sea with my dogs enjoying meeting other dogs drinking white wine and just enjoying ourselves with friends

Dinner: (late one back at home) Grilled steak and salad and red wine

Before dinner my BG was 5.3 and after was 5.3 - went to bed on..... 5.3

Reactions: maglil55 and pms543

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just opened this very unexpected (but very welcome) present. They are called Montezuma's Grand Collection (from Amazon) and have only 4g carbs per chocolate - so just one a day instead of my usual two squares of 90%

1497173451914.jpg