What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, shallow frying in oil is the proper way to make it!

B: Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter on one slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation bread toasted, half a red grapefruit.
L: Big green salad with smoked mackerel fillet and a big glug of Ligurian extra virgin olive oil.
S: 20g ASDA extra special 85% chocolate.
D: Will be Italian sausage and lentil casserole with a side of kale.
I like a bit of smoked mac.
Italian sausage: what type and where from, quite partial to the fennel laced ones but hard to find....

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like a bit of smoked mac.
Italian sausage: what type and where from, quite partial to the fennel laced ones but hard to find....

Look no longer...

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference 6 Sicilian Inspired Pork Sausages. Made with 85% outdoor bred British pork - second largest ingredient is fennel at 9%.

Typical nutritional value per 2 sausages:
Fat 20.5g (of which saturates 7.3g, mono-unsaturates 9.1g, polyunsaturates 3.2g).
Carbohydrate 1g (of which sugars <0.5g). :)
Protein 16.7g
Salt 1.17g

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Look no longer...

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference 6 Sicilian Inspired Pork Sausages. Made with 85% outdoor bred British pork - second largest ingredient is fennel at 9%.

Typical nutritional value per 2 sausages:
Fat 20.5g (of which saturates 7.3g, mono-unsaturates 9.1g, polyunsaturates 3.2g).
Carbohydrate 1g (of which sugars <0.5g). :)
Protein 16.7g
Salt 1.17g
cheers for that @IncyWincy

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Coconut flour flatbread smothered in almond butter
L: Fried bacon mixed into a green salad with mayonnaise, cream cheese cloud.
S: Chunk of cheese
D: Debbie & Andrews 97% Harrogate sausages with mashed cauli and broccoli drizzled with butter

Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chia et al
L: ran out of celery.... cauliflower, olives, avocado, cold chicken, artichoke hearts, rocket, watercress, raw garlic clove and loads of olive oil.
D: chicken coated in ground almonds, fried in butter, cabbage dressed with garlic baked in olive oil, 40 mins Gas4, sauerkraut, rasps and creme f.... lovely.
hour and half hot bath.... lovely.

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chia et al.... last of the batch, so it will be different tomorrow morning.... yog with rasps and nuts....
L: celery, olives, avocado, salami, artichoke hearts, rocket, watercress, raw garlic clove and loads of olive oil.
D: out.... always a challenge. Zizzi's in St Andrews.... going like a fair and a couple of servers did not turn up for work...
anti-pasta, who knew peppers could be so good.... calamari with dip... shared... chicken and avocado salad, it's surprisingly good.
Before 4.3
2 hours after(ish) 5.8, which is pretty good for me.
Land of nod beckons soon... waking up too early with cramp in left calf most mornings..... bah!

Reactions: 6 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Greek yogurt & berries
L: Chicken Salad
Snack: Dry roasted peanuts
D: Cheeseburger :hungry: Sainsbury's Ultimate Steak Burger in a Lidl HP roll. Fully stuffed now, and still under 40g carbs for the day!

Reactions: 5 people

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B - yoghurt and raspberries
L - egg mayonnaise and green salad
D - aubergine and spinach curry and homemade cucumber raita, tomato and onion salad
cheese for pud

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yog, rasps and walnuts
L: celery, olives, feta, avocado, artichoke hearts and olive oit
D: Chicken wrapped in parma ham with sage fried in oo, salad, spinach garlic and boursin, no wine just water, 1 choc
All pretty lovely.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 rashers bacon, buttered mushrooms, grilled tomato, half a red grapefruit.
S: 2 squares (20g) ASDA 85% chocolate
L: salad of chicory, half an apple, parmesan shavings and walnuts dressed with Ligurian extra virgin olive oil.
D: Salmon fried in the pan then finished in the oven, butternut squash chips (didn't burn 'em this time) spinach with garlic, pine nuts and sultanas.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Full fat Greek yoghurt with cherries and chopped mixed nuts.
S: 20g ASDA 85% chocolate
L: Courgette noodles with a sauce of tomatoes, sardines, garlic, chilli, black olives, capers and chopped parsley. Lots of parmesan on top!
D: Roasted red pepper hummus with crudité (cauliflower, cu, pepper, carrot, spring onion, celery, mange tout).

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs, mushrooms, smoked salmon
L: baked avocado stuffed with tuna mayo; rocket, tomato, spring onion & pine nut salad
S: slice of stilton
D: wasn't particularly hungry so had raspberry, lime and coconut chia pudding. Never had chia before - lush!

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs, mushrooms, smoked salmon
L: baked avocado stuffed with tuna mayo; rocket, tomato, spring onion & pine nut salad
S: slice of stilton
D: wasn't particularly hungry so had raspberry, lime and coconut chia pudding. Never had chia before - lush!
Re: Chia, it really is.... I think mine is just amazing and beats hands down anything similar in the shops... if there was such a thing.. made another batch this afternoon and going to have to reorder pretty soon...

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Yog, rasps and pecans.
L: Haddock in breadcrumbs, lettuce and toms, cheese onion and bacon flan.... a bit carbie...
D: Lamb, aubergine, spinach curry, one bowl dish... love it.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Chia, it really is.... I think mine is just amazing and beats hands down anything similar in the shops... if there was such a thing.. made another batch this afternoon and going to have to reorder pretty soon...
What do you make your with? The recipe I used was delicious but I'm surprised at how high in carbs chia seeds are - and expensive! May leave out the raspberries next time to lower carb content.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin' All,

B: scram egg and Black Farmers Daughter's sausages. Yum
L: crustless quiche, cauli cheese and feta stuffed pepper
D: chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, strawbs and cream

Rather a Big Food Day. :D

Reactions: 3 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you make your with? The recipe I used was delicious but I'm surprised at how high in carbs chia seeds are - and expensive! May leave out the raspberries next time to lower carb content.
50 g Chia seeds, 30 g cocoa, 80 g peanut butter and 500mls filtered coffee (strong), it's probably not cheap.. Chia seeds have a high fibre content, so the carbs are not so bad... I could be wrong but that is my current understanding.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to think chia seeds were too high carb for me, but then i tried them, and was delighted to discover that they hardly budge my meter.

Definitely worth trying, and testing.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to think chia seeds were too high carb for me, but then i tried them, and was delighted to discover that they hardly budge my meter.

Definitely worth trying, and testing.
So had chia pudding again for breakfast today and tested. 5.1 before, 5.7 2 hours after so that seems ok to me :0)
Will now experiment with different flavours - what fun!

Reactions: 7 people

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,

I hope your all doing well and keeping your BGL's in check, as this is the main task of our day by day life, yeah!!!
BGL's @ 06:30 hrs 11.3
Breakfast 2 Poached Eggs and a slice of Lite Rye Toast, a cup of Coffee with 1 teaspoon of White Sugar.
BGL's @ 09:45 hrs 10:2

Lunch just a cup of coffee with 1 teaspoon of white sugar, Didn't take my BGL's

BGL's @ 18:30 hrs 13.7
Dinner Steamed Fish with Sweat Potato Chips and Mashed Pumkin and Peas, with a cup of coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
BGL"s @ 20:35 hrs 13.5

Stemar, (Downunder)