What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and four tiger prawns, seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Mushroom stroganoff made with portabella mushrooms, dried porcini mushrooms, onions, vegetable stock, white miso paste, tomato purée, paprika, garlic, olive oil, butter, flat-leaf parsley and soured cream.
Cauliflower rice with toasted cashews and peas.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, lettuce, shredded red cabbage, apple peel, celery, baby plum tomatoes and mint with a dollop of aioli for dipping, topped with toasted pistachio nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Splendid! Where did you buy those 100 percent buttons @jpscloud?

I must track down a bag of buttons for my husband's birthday. He never touches anything made with milk chocolate these days and seldom eats 70 percent dark chocolate, but really enjoys Montezuma's Absolute Black chocolate, as do I.
I get them from Amazon @LivingLightly, I don't live in a city so things like that can be difficult to source.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Splendid! Where did you buy those 100 percent buttons @jpscloud?

I must track down a bag of buttons for my husband's birthday. He never touches anything made with milk chocolate these days and seldom eats 70 percent dark chocolate, but really enjoys Montezuma's Absolute Black chocolate, as do I.
I've only found them online via Montezuma direct or Amazon. I don't live near a Montezuma shop but if you did sure they'd stock them.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
So back to Sunday
Usual brekkie of slice LC toast, cooled with thick butter, copious tea.
Lunch was two scrambled eggs topped with Parmesan shavings.
Supper was 2 sticky ribs from Chinest t/a (I know!) then Kibg Prawn with ginger & spring onion which is surprisingly LC and acequate on its own.
Yesterday same usual brekkie.
The 2 hour drive to ailing friend stopping at M&S services for sandwich & fruit for her lunch and egg & spinach protein pot for me.
Later a trying 2 hour return drive, M25 lime the Wild West, got tired and needed something and stopped at services and made bad choice of large sausage roll to buoy me up. Ashamed but it was necessary!
Supper needed to be very somple so had chunky fish fingers and a spoon of peas. Must try harder. Tiredness makes me make bad choices.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Yesterdays lunch was small bowl of some soup (couldn't identify it), 1 scoop mashed potatoes, carrot, cabbage and 2 sausages. I had the pudding, blackberry crumble, because I had been ill all week and hadn't made my usual pudding to take. Today I have 2 chicken legs to air fry and some hard-boiles eggs for tea. Feeling lots better but waiting with trepidation for results of blood test. Fingers crossed A1c hasn't gone up. She has also tested for Anaemia. Have a good day all. :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see sun today
Brunch hm kefir and a few bits of cheese plus three LC seeded crackers followed by two strawberries and hm yoghurt
Mid pm a DGF keto small chocolate egg - I got tempted to buy some of their lower priced 'wonky' eggs. I try not to eat snacks but they arrived today and I felt in need of a low carb treat.
Dinner made low carb pizza using one of my LC pizza bases. Topping hm passata, chicken, Serrano ham, mushrooms and grated cheese. Served with left over from yesterday bean salad plus a few olives and tomatoes. Also glass of chianti.
IMG_20240423_164355_kindlephoto-701056348.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really breakfast: 30g cheese cwc

Double dance class but halfway through second I suddenly went very hot (having been too cold just moments before) so came home

Ate a vegetable 2 egg scramble and took migraine medicine. Stayed in dark room until Helped out at Oap meeting, refused all cakes. 2 paracetamol

D: 2 slices HiLo toast with a small avocado, a little cheese and some hm kimchi. A small coffee ice cream

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: carbonara made with LC pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

2024-04-23 19.04.41.jpeg

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Bit of a day again.
Coffee and cream x 2
Ham and tomato
Greek yogurt small and cocoa 1 tsp
Ham Brie
Greek yogurt small and peanut butter

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I found out my local supermarket sells more varieties of LC bread than the last time I looked, thanks to @JoKalsbeek posting about it on this forum. Funny how information on stuff in Dutch supermarkets can get back to me through a UK forum. :hilarious:
I've steered clear of the bread isle for years so I never noticed.
So my first meal was a slice of this bread with some type of fish mayo thing (bought), only some 5 gr of carbs a slice, very tasty!

Evening meal was the other half of Aldi's 'fish fillet a la bordelaise', sacrilegiously reheated in the microwave. Which didn't enhance the flavour or texture but quick and easy has its merits too. :)
I had it with a quick salad of two tomatoes, half an onion, cheap black olives, the last of the fresh basil and mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.

1713904234739.png

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs smothered with butter and avocado seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of Gorwydd Caerphilly.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Wild Alaskan salmon fillets baked with calabrese (heading) broccoli, chestnut mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, rocket, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, cucumber, Halkidiki olives, salad onions and flat-leaf parsley dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with toasted pistachio nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday brunch small Greek yoghurt and a piece of goat cheese. Dinner: a few nuts (Brazils, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts) the biggest pork chop I've ever seen (husband buys them and the butcher likes him) cabbage and cauliflower. Some of the veg . will appear in today's lumpy soup, given that I prioritised eating the chop! Today's brunch will be that soup, dinner will be usual (but much enjoyed) nuts followed by roast chicken wings with - more cabbage and cauliflower for me and frozen mixed veg. of the sort I mustn't eat for Himself.

The good news is I have been chasing a pesky 2lb weight gain over several days, and it has now gone! I know that weight can and does fluctuate over a few pounds, but it rattles the chain from the days of calorie control, so it's good to see it GONE.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday brunch small Greek yoghurt and a piece of goat cheese. Dinner: a few nuts (Brazils, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts) the biggest pork chop I've ever seen (husband buys them and the butcher likes him) cabbage and cauliflower. Some of the veg . will appear in today's lumpy soup, given that I prioritised eating the chop! Today's brunch will be that soup, dinner will be usual (but much enjoyed) nuts followed by roast chicken wings with - more cabbage and cauliflower for me and frozen mixed veg. of the sort I mustn't eat for Himself.

The good news is I have been chasing a pesky 2lb weight gain over several days, and it has now gone! I know that weight can and does fluctuate over a few pounds, but it rattles the chain from the days of calorie control, so it's good to see it GONE.
Congrats on that weight loss!