What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and crevettes, seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Courgetti alla carbonara made with chestnut mushrooms, eggs, double cream, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, butter and spiralised courgettes, topped with extra Parmesan and flat-leaf parsley.
Steamed French beans and mangetout smothered with butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, shredded red cabbage, apple peel, celery, thyme and baby plum tomatoes with a dollop of aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was lc zucchini bread, six blackberries with the last of the chia seed pudding and a bit of cream
Lunch, lc bread sandwich of strong cheddar, tomato and onion with pickled red cabbage
Dinner, a new to me recipe of Mahi Mahi in lemon spinach artichoke creamy sauce, on pasta for everyone else. Very tasty, will be repeated.
A productive day despite the rain. I finished knitting hats with fair isle pattern that will go in Christmas stockings.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All been away for four days and tried to be good but a bit of bread or skinny chips crept in. Only saving grace walked miles sightseeing. Btw I won’t eat chips unless they are perfect and crisp!
We foursome had two meals a day, either cooked brekkie or early lunch until evening meal of two courses, starter and main.
Had two excellent farm shop brekkies, for me the best was slice sourdough toast topped with sauteed mushrooms, two slices crispy streaky bacon and gloriously cooked fluffy scrambled eggs. Copious tea, haha.
One lunch was bowl of carrot soup and slice sourdough for dipping (I know, bad!) but needed due to glacial weather. Shared chicken wings.
Another lunch was a really excellent cheeseburger, bun and all, passed the chips to others. I was so gladthat when I threw i. The towel for a big burger it was a good one!
Suppers varied. First night Nandos four lemon & herb chicken thighs with tenderstem broccoli and rainbow slaw. The best supper was seafood restaurant. We four shared starters of light touch fresh calamari, grilled oysters with bread crumbs, tender octopus salad, large prawns. Then I had Moules, no chips.
Some lovely wine, finally Limincello shot on the house.
Another night sirloin steak, tomato, mushrooms, peppercorn sauce and a few skinny fries. The last night we had whole lemon sole with buttered greens
So back home yesterday evening and back to reality. Chunky cod fingers and cauli cheese. Off to Sainsburys soon for big shop

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A home made chicken and mushroom Jalfrezi, with a small pilau rice (<30g carbs).

PXL_20240430_164842736.PORTRAIT.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat greek with seeds and raspberries. Cwc
Double dance class
L: hash of roast pork, leeks and 4 slices carrot. A small avocado with lemon olive oil. 1 sq 85% chocolate. 1 nut bar.
Couldn't seem to stop eating at lunchtime
But now it's dinner time and I'm still not hungry.
Off to pub quiz tonight so will be interesting to see what effect alcohol has. Might take cheese just in case temptation rears it's ugly head

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Small greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon of organic cocoa
Ham and tomato
Cottage Cheese and tomato

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: corned beef hash made with cauliflower rice in place of potatoes, with Brussels, broccoli and a spot of low sugar ketchup.

2024-04-30 19.20.31.jpeg

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dinner: corned beef hash made with cauliflower rice in place of potatoes, with Brussels, broccoli and a spot of low sugar ketchup.
Nice tip on the cauliflower rice instead of potatoes. I hadn't thought of that. Those sprouts look lovely too; I can't wait until Christmas to have them again.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today:

B: Two poached eggs with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper plus a wedge of Époisses.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Out to lunch with friend at a favourite eatery.
Aperitif: dry white wine.
Melanzane alla parmigiana
Spinach with garlic and butter
Deep fried zucchini matchsticks.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Espresso.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, Kalamata olives and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to swallow tablets.

sueh21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,
Yesterday, meals pretty much as day before
B Yog,blueberries,seeds
L Corned beef salad, coleslaw
D Roast chicken, shredded savoy cabbage, broccoli.
Hungry after Fitsteps class so Olinas crackers, butter and marmite and cheddar cheese

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night i did succumb to 2 x 30g of cheese, one before and one after going to the pub. At least it stopped me falling into worse temptation.

Today
B: 3 small scrambled eggs
Lunchtime, massive headache so slept in the chair for 90 odd minutes

Went for 30 minutes walk, munching a bag of pork scratchings.

Later 2 bite of hubby iced chocolate croissant . Just to try this new line the local artisan Baker is doing. Curiosity was satisfied, won't need to try them again.

D: 2 beefburgers served with broccoli and green beans.
A cc little chocolate pot with 2 teaspoons cream.

Out again later but there be no alcohol or food temptation at this meeting.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and H&B protein bar.
Dinner: cheese, mushroom and tomato omelette.

2024-05-01 19.21.36.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, back to posting after a few difficult weeks. As fate would have it today was my annual diabetic review, I’m just hoping things haven’t gone too awry.
Black coffee until lunchtime then a chicken salad sandwich made with low carb bread and h/m mayo. DGF Notella cookie.
Dinner was slow roast beef short ribs with garlic cauli mash, baked mushroom and sauteed asparagus. Glass of red.
IMG_1714589504.762417.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all, back to posting after a few difficult weeks. As fate would have it today was my annual diabetic review, I’m just hoping things haven’t gone too awry.
I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time and very glad to see you're back!

Should your results not be what you'd like them to, you'll know the cause, and with meals like today you'll be back on the wagon in no time. ;)