Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice toast (12g carbs)
Snack: almonds (1g carb)
Lunch: ham salad with half a brown pita (15g carbs)
Snack: 1 oat cake, Babybel and 25g grapes (8g carbs)
Dinner: is going to be thai curry soup (22g carbs)
Snack: is going to be strawberries and yogurt (10g carbs)

Just under 60g carbs - seems like a lot compared to what I'm used to now, but a) it's not a binge which is good (first week in like 20 YEARS with no binges and b) it's food (only 1 day with no food this week) so things are looking up :)

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

B bacon and egg
L tin of tuna small mixed salad and mayo
Dinner is cheesy mushroom bake with greens

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Same as yesterday...omelette, muffin, cowboy pie...blah blah blah...

The big news is that I tried a new snack today and love it! :D

M&S Italian herb & lemon seed mix with apricot kernels (7.2% carbs or 1.8g per 25g serving).

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast two fried eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms in cafe
lunch 2 sq daek chocolate
dinner going to be a naughty fish and chips as just back in from London and a stupid solicitor's letter has peed me off -will just have the fish and a handful of chips if I can resist- given the nice chippy is shut and the other one is very greasy, there's probably enough fat to cover any amount of carbs!

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Turk yog and strawbs, coffee

Bacon say safe two eggs water

Dark choc

Homemade kebab lettuce wraps, diet coke

Whipped cream and hazelnuts

Cup of tea later instead of sweet treat as it does affect my fasting BG

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 11? I'm losing track!

Bulletproof coffee
One LC choc cookie (divine with the coffee)
Crustless quiche and Brie
Peanut 9 bar
Grilled plaice with prawns and caper butter, with side salad. While I watched colleagues tuck into scary amounts of carbs. Seriously, it was intimidating. Had absolutely no desire to sneak even one chip! And they all had fish in batter, bucketloads of chips, then the three slimmest women had cubes of treacle sponge 4 inches square, with custard!!!

I would have been unconscious.

Feeling quite chuffed with myself, actually. :couchpotato:

Reactions: 10 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Mmm treacle sponge & custard

Anyway B 1 toast livlife with marmite
L two burgers in lettuce with bacon and cheese, overdid the relish as tasted sweet

D chicken salad with a bit more cheese, mayo
Nut ball with Greek yoghurt
Plenty of water
3 decaff coffee

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Breakfast, Diet whey and avocado shake .

Lunch 2 x boiled eggs and a little Mayo, 1 x buttered cram cracker

Dinner, meat, not sure what yet & a salad.

Another day and few ounces of weight going

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

B. 2 egg omlette with mushrooms

L. Half tin tuna with small amount of mayo and 8oz mixed salad

Dinner is going to be king prawns sauteed in garlic and chilli with baby lead spinich
Water water and yet more water

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast mushroom omelette
lunch chicken salad from Cafe Nero- 170 cals and just over 5g carbs with Caesar dressing- quite nice and kept me going.
Dinner griddled halloumi, mushrooms, small sandwich steak and salad

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast usual Greek yogurt, strawberries and flaxseed
Lunch usual salmon, cherry toms, cheese, mayo and a slice of bread and butter
Tea will be a griddled haddock steak, 3 small new potatoes (buttered), loads of buttery mushrooms, a few garden peas.

I am fasting after that in prep for my blood test in the morning for HbA1c and cholesterol. I'm also having my flu jab so will be well and truly punctured.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; Planning home made burgers (still have left of my big batch made with the excellent burger maker) from grass-fed beef with extra butter melting on top of them and kimchi (fermented cabbage) and some lovely taleggio cheese as dessert.
Yesterday I lovely cheesy omelet for dinner -3 eggs, 1,5 tbsp double cream and 100 g cheese.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea will be a griddled haddock steak, 3 small new potatoes (buttered), loads of buttery mushrooms, a few garden peas.

I am fasting after that in prep for my blood test in the morning for HbA1c and cholesterol. I'm also having my flu jab so will be well and truly punctured.

good luck with the test and jab.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a diet ready meal for tea as I've been busy today and this one looked quite nice and I thought it would be ok:

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=44&productId=128574&storeId=10151&krypto=jOT4CwVBQ5gI6Es0zyIW83VUiP05HT78qlZMSzTw/LE1vRCEvZmJm6HtVdicSqyRjugTq0vHMDj6 khMj6vKKt2KQQmpDapdkrqbwnPUOTkInJQLx8a5VpnLmqGHAcV7G

It has pasta but I figured as a one off it shouldn't be too bad and it was really nice but 2 hours later my BG was 9.8!

Disappointed in myself because I was sure I was gonna get this cured and not have to worry about all this anymore. But now I'm thinking no matter if they say you're cured you still have to watch what you eat. That's two days of higher readings I've had since I started testing again. The nurse said to stop testing so I did but the last two days I've checked 2 hours after dinner and they've been high.

Was it the pasta in the meal or the sauce? It didn't have much sauce in it to be honest. Just a little at the bottom.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Berries,seeds n cream
Red pointy pepper with philadelphia
Salmon with salad
Brie with quince jelly
6 brazil nuts
Copious coffee, 2 with double cream
Complan with full fat milk

According to my fitness pal, due to my gardening I'm still 803 calories short... Just not hungry. Just can't enough calories... Don't lose weight because my body in starvation mode..

Just wish I could find some hunger pangs to eat more. Just can't do it.

Too hot weather to eat hot veg everyday...

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Berries,seeds n cream
Red pointy pepper with philadelphia
Salmon with salad
Brie with quince jelly
6 brazil nuts
Copious coffee, 2 with double cream
Complan with full fat milk

According to my fitness pal, due to my gardening I'm still 803 calories short... Just not hungry. Just can't enough calories... Don't lose weight because my body in starvation mode..

Just wish I could find some hunger pangs to eat more. Just can't do it.

Too hot weather to eat hot veg everyday...
I wasn't hungry at first for ages. I find eating small portions or snacks through the day helped get my metablolisum back on track. Today even though I've eaten my dinner I'm bloody starving! Gonna have some berries later.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

So envy you bluetit1802... I so wish I could find the pangs to eat what you have ate today...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I wasn't hungry at first for ages. I find eating small portions or snacks through the day helped get my metablolisum back on track. Today even though I've eaten my dinner I'm bloody starving! Gonna have some berries later.

This was a lot for me!! I been like this for 50+ years.. Never used to have breakfast or cream or cheese...

Very hard when you have no hunger signals....

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a diet ready meal for tea as I've been busy today and this one looked quite nice and I thought it would be ok:

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=44&productId=128574&storeId=10151&krypto=jOT4CwVBQ5gI6Es0zyIW83VUiP05HT78qlZMSzTw/LE1vRCEvZmJm6HtVdicSqyRjugTq0vHMDj6 khMj6vKKt2KQQmpDapdkrqbwnPUOTkInJQLx8a5VpnLmqGHAcV7G

It has pasta but I figured as a one off it shouldn't be too bad and it was really nice but 2 hours later my BG was 9.8!

Disappointed in myself because I was sure I was gonna get this cured and not have to worry about all this anymore. But now I'm thinking no matter if they say you're cured you still have to watch what you eat. That's two days of higher readings I've had since I started testing again. The nurse said to stop testing so I did but the last two days I've checked 2 hours after dinner and they've been high.

Was it the pasta in the meal or the sauce? It didn't have much sauce in it to be honest. Just a little at the bottom.

There's a whopping 56g of carbs in that meal. The sauce has sugar in it and then there's the pasta! I'm not sure why you stopped testing? Or why you think you might be cured?

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a whopping 56g of carbs in that meal. The sauce has sugar in it and then there's the pasta! I'm not sure why you stopped testing? Or why you think you might be cured?[/QUOTE
The nurse said not to. At my second appointment she looked at my diary of results which were all good because I cut the carbs and she said don't test anymore and she'd see me in November. She said I'm on the way to being cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.