What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good morning all on a bright but windy day with a definite bite to the wind here in Little America. Another unknown fbg day. @dunelm and @gennepher thank you for sharing your art. @Annb @alf_Josiah @dunelm @gennepher @JohnEGreen and @Krystyna23040 thank you for the birthday wishes for JKP. Apologies If I forgot anyone. Hereabouts and generally, I am told, puffa jackets are going out of fashion and full length bench coats and variants thereof - with and without sleeves - are trending for men and women. The women seem to wear the sleeveless ones - basically a full length gilet - more. I have it from a reliable source they are very warm especially with a down coat underneath. Have a spiffing day - not the one with an l.
View attachment 67253
I still wear my bench coat from my last job.
it was part of the football staff kit.
it is the warmest, driest, and comfortable big coat I have owned.

And very practical to wash and hang it out on a washing line.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.6 on this successful sunny soccer something day.
That sums it up.
Have had a very quiet day today.
Mrs L had a lie in her pit this morning.
which gave me the freedom to do what needed to be done, before midday.
When Mrs L 's brother came round, my son came round and a number of grandkids as well.

If you weren't aware my great grandad, on my mother's side, who lived through the Victorian era, was a rapper!
He was known as Will I Am. Certain.
His real name was Mr B Shaw.
This is so true.
My grandad had Bill as a middle name, as I do, and two of my grandkids.
My grandad was T B Shaw.

Hoping to get out now the temperature has risen, with Mrs L, a day trip maybe. We will see.

Have a nice weekend, have got to get into the garden sometime soon.

My best wishes to you as always this weekend.

clarewilliams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 early morning. And i am happy with that result.
I think it all happen thanks to these guys https://academized.com/ , who helped me with all my recent assignments and i was able to have some proper rest finally. Being a student and mom of a little child at the same time is not easy. Plus half time job. I think i have enough on my plate right now.

Last edited:

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what just might be a hanging out the washing start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Hanging out the washing seems to be my new hobby but it’s very sporadic and seasonal. Not the thing to get your teeth into ‘come rain or shine’. A good day yesterday with just shy of 12,000 steps and early dinner out - three course menu but I can really only do two these days. Like the old Queen used to do - as soon as you feel full - put your cutlery down. I did though have three of the wonderfully double cooked chips that were served up in some fancy little bucket thing. What’s that all about? “How did you find your fish, sir?” - well I lifted this lettuce leaf, and there it was! Girl In The Bubble round late afternoon - we went into my art room yesterday and chose some nice, short handled brushes to go with her new watercolour paint set that we found in a shop called Works. The brush that came with it was a bit naff. Art bit - throw some paint onto wet paper - let it dry - try to make something of it. I quite like doing this exercise. Hope your day is a good one. Can you set your mind to make it so? I best make koffy and then hang out this washing. So much excitement!

View attachment 67249

This is a nice painting!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 at 05.25 today. Cup of tea and basal insulin and by 07.35 it was 9.2. I upped my insulin by one point because the reading in the mornings has been climbing so we'll see what effect that has over the coming days. The cause may, of course, be something quite different. Eggs boiling for breakfast right now so we'll see how eating goes today. I have some Mulligatawny soup which was going to be for breakfast but I'm seeing how I get on over the coming few days with no vegetables at all, so the soup will go into the freezer for now. After my blood test (which should be on Thursday but who knows when I'll get the results?), I'll see what my next step is.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Nighttime wildlife video
A very busy night - foxes & badgers & cats
59 secs

Creative...a squiggle pen drawing (from my car while having a cuppa between shops) of this lady...

Mr Magpie is stealing Jade's wet cat food breakfast. I would say he has fathered some babies, and Mrs Magpie is sending him out again and again...he is a very splendid magnificent Mr Magpie...ah, Jade has come for the same breakfast, but she has deferred to Mr Magpie....she'll be fine, she had fresh meat in the night... a mouse...the nest is in my garden and they breed prolifically enough to feed Jade...

Time for a nap...a cuppa first.

By the way I thought I had a cold clammy frog in my bed last night...it was Midnight's soggy chicken. He had lost his soggy rat, and now has a dishevelled soggy chicken. Actually I think it is a rooster. He loves this soggy fur fabric ratbag of a chicken/rooster...

Have a great day...

A nap and a cuppa are needed before I start my day...actually I am waiting for the daylight to get brighter before I emerge from my lair...

IMG_6954.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another splendid start here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Cold yesterday so multi layers and down to the lower prom for koffy. Mrs Miggins had a bacon sandwich. By the time we were ready to return home and climbing the steps back to the upper prom, “The sun was shining on the sea, Shining with all his might: He did his very best to make the billows smooth and bright” - and caused the peeling of several layers. Good job we carry those little foldable bags. Mrs Miggins is out for afternoon tea today with daughter - a late to use Mother’s Day gift. Art bit - wet on wet splodges - make something out of it. Hope your day is worthy of your presence. I best make some koffy.

1713685080002.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another splendid start here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Cold yesterday so multi layers and down to the lower prom for koffy. Mrs Miggins had a bacon sandwich. By the time we were ready to return home and climbing the steps back to the upper prom, “The sun was shining on the sea, Shining with all his might: He did his very best to make the billows smooth and bright” - and caused the peeling of several layers. Good job we carry those little foldable bags. Mrs Miggins is out for afternoon tea today with daughter - a late to use Mother’s Day gift. Art bit - wet on wet splodges - make something out of it. Hope your day is worthy of your presence. I best make some koffy.

View attachment 67264
I like this dark grey silhouetted trees, and green @dunelm

It is still cold enough for winter.... although the greenery is growing very fast in my garden....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those joggers raising money charities.

Blood sugars this morning were 7.3, this was a home cooked beef madras inspired and to follow a slice ov pineapple upside down drowning in custard.

I’ve had a few medical issues going on for the last few weeks and last nights meal was a reaction, surprisingly me, me’s myself feel no remorse. There I’ve written it and I will not hang my head in shame. Feel free to rant away hehehe

I shall be unsupervised four, fore or for most ov the day working on the child’s outdoor play kitchen and really looking forward to it.

Stay safe all, remember those who can, do, those who understand, teach and those who comment, work in the media.

Bye bye, koffy is calling. Loudly

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a cold L.A. @Krystyna23040 good idea to wear the warmest coat, enjoy Blickling Hall. @gennepher thank you for sharing your creative which is amazingly detailed. It was clearly a windy night from the noise of the wind chimes. @dunelm thank you for sharing the art. Personally not sure how I feel about the grey (not that that matters) but I do like a good fence: good fences make good neighbours as Bobby F said. @alf_Josiah enjoy making the play kitchen. Sorry you have been having a few medical issues. No censure here over that meal because it is none of my/our business and anyhow I would almost certainly never have eaten either pre-DX. @Annb I hope the rest of the day's readings go well. Some amazing stories from London marathon runners. The man with terminal brain cancer obviously struck home. Don't work too hard to enjoy the day

Last edited:

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning!
Happy Sunday morning 4.66 I love Sunny days.
Seems like the rainy season is over. Lots of lush greenery in the northern part of California.

There are a lot of diabetic cookbooks and they all define how many carbs you should eat. Cookbooks get me confused. My best cookbook is my meter and indeed my lifestyle. Have a nice day everyone!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Nighttime wildlife video
A very busy night - foxes & badgers & cats
59 secs

Creative...a squiggle pen drawing (from my car while having a cuppa between shops) of this lady...

Mr Magpie is stealing Jade's wet cat food breakfast. I would say he has fathered some babies, and Mrs Magpie is sending him out again and again...he is a very splendid magnificent Mr Magpie...ah, Jade has come for the same breakfast, but she has deferred to Mr Magpie....she'll be fine, she had fresh meat in the night... a mouse...the nest is in my garden and they breed prolifically enough to feed Jade...

Time for a nap...a cuppa first.

By the way I thought I had a cold clammy frog in my bed last night...it was Midnight's soggy chicken. He had lost his soggy rat, and now has a dishevelled soggy chicken. Actually I think it is a rooster. He loves this soggy fur fabric ratbag of a chicken/rooster...

Have a great day...

A nap and a cuppa are needed before I start my day...actually I am waiting for the daylight to get brighter before I emerge from my lair...

View attachment 67263
As long as is isn’t real soggy rats and roosters :arghh::bigtears:. Another smashing sketch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a cold L.A. @Krystyna23040 good idea to wear the warmest coat, enjoy Blickling Hall. @gennepher thank you for sharing your creative which is amazingly detailed. It was clearly a windy night from the noise of the wind chimes. @dunelm thank you for sharing the art. Personally not sure how I feel about the grey (not that that matters) but I do like a good fence: good fences make good neighbours as Bobby F said. @alf_Josiah enjoy making the play kitchen. Sorry you have been having a few medical issues. No censure here over that meal because it is none of my/our business and anyhow I would almost certainly never have eaten either pre-DX. @Annb I hope the rest of the day's readings go well. Some amazing stories from London marathon runners. The man with terminal brain cancer obviously struck home. Don't work too hard to enjoy the day
Thank you @ianpspurs.Yes, everyone should endeavour to have a good fence.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning!
Happy Sunday morning 4.66 I love Sunny days.
Seems like the rainy season is over. Lots of lush greenery in the northern part of California.

There are a lot of diabetic cookbooks and they all define how many carbs you should eat. Cookbooks get me confused. My best cookbook is my meter and indeed my lifestyle. Have a nice day everyone!
Yep! The meter readings are a great determinant for food choices.