What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.9

Sorry I am late...

I had to be out early to do food shopping, collecting meds, collecting parcel from the post office, and more. It was too much to do in one shopping etc outing but I hadn't been able to do my mid week shop, and the fridge was now bare.

But it was a hard morning. In one shop I struggled to get in with my walker, and the doors were winning. So a passer by helped me, whereas the shop employee inside who walked past me and the doors did not. The passer by was so disgusted with him she yelled at him. But he took no notice. So she had a rant about his disgusting behaviour.

Then at the pharmacy they said the medicine dispensing bot had broken down, and they did not know when it would be fixed, and so they cannot dispense any medicines at all.

I did try a few sketches from the car but I was seriously too tired by now. What tires me out is the physical act of getting myself in and out of the car, and getting my walker in and out each time. So, I was drop dead exhausted when I got home.

I unloaded the chilled goods straight into the fridge, the rest will have to wait, and went to bed and fell into a sound sleep...

When I woke up, I noted I had been asleep for 3 hours, but I was incredibly relaxed, and so I went into "no mind" relaxation/meditation, because I was already in that state having just woken up. I had no thoughts and no body. Total relaxation. My eyes were open, but I wasn't seeing anything. I always meditate with my eyes open...

Then I was aware of the light fading, and as I need to sort out trail cameras etc, so I checked the time. I had been 'no mind' meditating for nearly 2 hours. I have never done it for that length of time before...

Nighttime wild life videos
Cat Midnight decides it is too noisy & windy outside & so he comes inside to bed with me..
34secs

Creative...something (a drawing) I started last night and finished just now...

Time to sort out the beasties...

Have a good rest of your day...

View attachment 66768
Halloween?
Eerie but nice.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.2 this morning.
Had a bit of a dispiriting two weeks on a ward packed with Diabetics minus various body parts.
And had one guy in his forties telling e he didn’t believe in all that carb counting rubbish didn’t know what bolus was had lost most of the toes on his left foot had a gangrene infection of his right foot accepted all this as inevitable and had a locker full of chocolate biscuits and sweets and his best hope was that he would only loose his right foot not the leg what do you say to that person I kept y thoughts to my self.

He had been Type 1 since he was 10 years old it’s hard not to despair when you know it was avoidable.
I agree @JohnEGreen . It's really hard not to despair when it was completely avoidable. It is really sad.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you paint or draw an emotion such as frustration?
If I am drawing or painting @Lamont D when I am feeling frustrated, it will come out in the painting. But I couldn't sit down when I was calm and paint a frustrated painting, because it just would not happen...

If you were drawing or doodling, we all doodle with a pen when we're waiting for something, or we used to, then there is a good chance your frustrations will come out in the doodling and it will be pretty obvious. But if you want to calm yourself down while frustrated and you are doodling, you can do something a little bit more ordered like lines or circles and there's a possibility, in doing it, that will calm you down.. .

We don't use pen and paper like we used to, but I can recall in the past doodling a lot and it would reflect my state of mind...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Yesterday when I was out I did a few line sketches.
I was in the car when this collie got tied up. The owner went in the garage with a newspaper. So I figured I might get a couple of minutes.
Obviously I am not good at drawing dogs.
My hand was shakier than usual which did not help...
And I added a bit of colour...

Wildlife nighttime camera
Cat Jade & Fox & Badger who sniffs the cloths on the swing
1min 15secs

Creative..a sketch of a tri-coloured border collie

Have a good day...

IMG_6416.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd say you captured that beautifully....

and 'Not good at dogs'..nearly had me there, genn...good one haha.

View attachment 66774
Thank you for your lovely compliment @jjraak
You are very kind.
I am not good at dogs...
But I do think I got a little bit of his/her fear at the passer bys while anxiously waiting for his/her owner to come out...
As an accurate drawing - could do better from my viewpoint...

EDIT: well maybe it's not as bad as I think it is...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@jjraak So sorry for your loss condolences to you and your family.

The fragility of life was brought home to me recently if not for the fact that the radiologist who checked my scan completely by chance noticed the leaking stent and acted on that immediately the aneurism could have ruptured at any moment and I would not be here now.

I was able to thank him as he was present at my op and came over to introduce himself.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
By self-testing do you mean for HBa1c or for current BGs? Here we are expected to wait for a (supposedly) 6 month clinic appointment (which never happens these days) for HBa1c check but monitoring current levels is expected. Not so in other areas of Scotland where DIL's father was told NOT to check and not prescribed a monitor of any kind because he wouldn't understand it anyway and it wouldn't be helpful! "Just keep taking the Metformin". Different Health Boards, different approaches.
I mean for current BGs I on diagnosis was advised not to test advice I totally ignored from day one.

It has been seven years of self funding till only recently when my doctor agreed to prescribe strips because I was able to argue that it would help manage my CKD and he agreed.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Sorry I am late...

I had to be out early to do food shopping, collecting meds, collecting parcel from the post office, and more. It was too much to do in one shopping etc outing but I hadn't been able to do my mid week shop, and the fridge was now bare.

But it was a hard morning. In one shop I struggled to get in with my walker, and the doors were winning. So a passer by helped me, whereas the shop employee inside who walked past me and the doors did not. The passer by was so disgusted with him she yelled at him. But he took no notice. So she had a rant about his disgusting behaviour.

Then at the pharmacy they said the medicine dispensing bot had broken down, and they did not know when it would be fixed, and so they cannot dispense any medicines at all.

I did try a few sketches from the car but I was seriously too tired by now. What tires me out is the physical act of getting myself in and out of the car, and getting my walker in and out each time. So, I was drop dead exhausted when I got home.

I unloaded the chilled goods straight into the fridge, the rest will have to wait, and went to bed and fell into a sound sleep...

When I woke up, I noted I had been asleep for 3 hours, but I was incredibly relaxed, and so I went into "no mind" relaxation/meditation, because I was already in that state having just woken up. I had no thoughts and no body. Total relaxation. My eyes were open, but I wasn't seeing anything. I always meditate with my eyes open...

Then I was aware of the light fading, and as I need to sort out trail cameras etc, so I checked the time. I had been 'no mind' meditating for nearly 2 hours. I have never done it for that length of time before...

Nighttime wild life videos
Cat Midnight decides it is too noisy & windy outside & so he comes inside to bed with me..
34secs

Creative...something (a drawing) I started last night and finished just now...

Time to sort out the beasties...

Have a good rest of your day...

View attachment 66768
Well a day of two halves and thank goodness for kind passers by. Smashing tree scene. I like the open work on the trunk and the colours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Yesterday when I was out I did a few line sketches.
I was in the car when this collie got tied up. The owner went in the garage with a newspaper. So I figured I might get a couple of minutes.
Obviously I am not good at drawing dogs.
My hand was shakier than usual which did not help...
And I added a bit of colour...

Wildlife nighttime camera
Cat Jade & Fox & Badger who sniffs the cloths on the swing
1min 15secs

Creative..a sketch of a tri-coloured border collie

Have a good day...

View attachment 66773
Smashing. Definitely a collie and looking quite furtive.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Peace be with you all this St Patrick's Day. Did he actually exist if there are no selfies? I can't even find his blog or social page which gives one pause, eh what? Does a tree falling in a forest really make a noise if no one hears? What is the sound of one hand clapping? We'll be back to answer these and more of your questions after this message from our sponsors. Hosing down outside here, how you doin? @gennepher thank you for sharing what is unquestionably a collie dog. If I'm honest I can't read the look in the eyes but I'll work on my emotional IQ or just become an MP: a tad tricky round here for anyone left of Genghis Khan. More tea beckons and later some roast pork - shoulder obviously and must be plenty of crackling - and perhaps some Irish whiskey because if not now when? I'm assuming some here, or their spouses, may join me so sláinte is táinte. You do you today but do others the courtesy of allowing them to do them please. I think that is what love thy neighbour as thyself translates as for Gen Z - Gen Beta next up from Jan 1 2025.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-17 09.19.07.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 09.19.07.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Welcome to this corner of the forum. I suppose we all get to know what things work but as with most things in life - will we actually do them?
As usual am well aware of what I should be doing, but rarely manage even half of it. Am having to retrain MrSlim as well! It doesn't help me at all if he has a (carb laden) snack at 10pm in front of me.
Am halfway there, he has stopped bringing me the same snack...but it's hard to watch him eating. for example: bread and cheese without wanting at least a morsel.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a late start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Paddy’s day so brace yourself for false claims of Irishness, especially those in the next clowns on zimmer frame race to the White House. Pleasant wander along the lower promenade yesterday. The Funicular is undergoing repairs after a fire earlier this year in the pump room so it’s all hands to the railing back up the 181 steps to the upper prom. Fitbit got very excited about the number of stairs I had done. Out today - meeting friends for lunch. A table booked a couple of weeks ago so hope that there is no surcharge for sitting out of the rain. Art bit - blockbuster video card smear, a pinch of salt and make something of it once dried. Hope your Sunday contains the roast. It’s Carling Sunday oop north so don’t spare the vinegar and white pepper but more importantly it’s the Ninky Nonks’ celebration of their 7th circumnavigation of the sun. Koffy though first.

1710669539212.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As usual am well aware of what I should be doing, but rarely manage even half of it. Am having to retrain MrSlim as well! It doesn't help me at all if he has a (carb laden) snack at 10pm in front of me.
Am halfway there, he has stopped bringing me the same snack...but it's hard to watch him eating. for example: bread and cheese without wanting at least a morsel.
Oh bread and cheese - yes, so tempting. I buy sourdough from a local sourdough baker, slice and put in the freezer - it is supposed to reduce carb loading - will that work at 10pm though?