What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. So it looks like I 'got away with it' and the tub of ice cream didn't upset blood sugars.

I would really love to have an occasional sweet treat if it doesn't cause long term damage and wondered if anyone else on this thread finds that it is ok to have something sweet occasionally.

It was good that I didn't have a craving for sugar after eating it and it actually felt easier to stick to my very low carb diet knowing that now and again I can have something absolutely wicked.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.4 at 03.30.

Covid jab today but things are bad with me and Neil is going to have to bring the wheelchair in from the car in order to get me out of the house. Too much movement over the last few days has left me incapable of movement at all now. Need to rest today.
Hope you feel a lot better after a rest and not too sore after the Covid jab.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 9.1
This is from the stress of yesterday's hospital appointment. Not from food. I need to get that down...

Nighttime wildlife video.
Two badgers & a Fox
49secs

Creative...an old man at the garage bending down to choose a newspaper, but he has problems getting back upright again, and he is not the only one with that problem with newspapers that low. But it gives me a brief moment to study the person before I draw them...

A dull day so far today...

A cuppa tea needed...

You make your day into your best day...

View attachment 67307
I find stress really hikes my fbs also. Hope stress levels subside today @gennepher

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those who secretly indulge in a sweet treat occasionally, but don’t say anything. Don’t be shy. It is my belief everyone does.

My blood sugars this morning were 4.7, drat drat and drat. Breakfast just had to be toast and jam to raise them enough so I can ride my motorcycle safely. Ah a sweet tread you might say.
Just for information levels below 4.0 it is illegal to venture on to the roads and levels below 5.0 it is recommended not to
IMG_0233.jpeg
venture on the roads. This is for insulin users.

I shall attempt to ride to a seller ov bacon sarnies on side ov the river Thames, this will be my first ride this year.

Hopefully attached is the latest art work from Mrs J.
It is total change from her usual artwork, bur our resident artists @dunelm and @gennepher will recognise the style.

Have a great day all. If you just happen to see a long grey haired bearded obese old man munching a bacon sarnie sitting by the banks ov the Thames it might be a total nut job.
Stay safe avoid.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good St George's day everyone from a verdant but damp and dreary L.A. @Annb I hope the covid booster goes/went well. Hug for the tiredness. @dunelm, @gennepher and Mrs AJ thank you all for sharing your artistic skills. @Krystyna23040 good news on the sweet treat not rebounding. @Lamont D lovely images of your garden and good news on sorting the bank issues. Poached eggs and smashed avocado on h/m keto bread for brunch are eaten so I'm good to go for The Little Guy ™ later :woot: Enjoy Tuesday armour clad or not.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 12.46.27.png

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good St George's day everyone from a verdant but damp and dreary L.A. @Annb I hope the covid booster goes/went well. Hug for the tiredness. @dunelm, @gennepher and @MrsAJ thank you all for sharing your artistic skills. @Krystyna23040 good news on the sweet treat not rebounding. @Lamont D lovely images of your garden and good news on sorting the bank issues. Poached eggs and smashed avocado on h/m keto bread for brunch are eaten so I'm good to go for The LittlGuy later. Enjoy Tuesday armour clad or not.

View attachment 67311

I think I shall wait til the 20th of November and celebrate St. Edmund’s day the true patron saint of England maybe with a trip to Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I shall wait til the 20th of November and celebrate St. Edmund’s day the true patron saint of England maybe with a trip to Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.
Bury St Edmunds is part of our postal address. Nice place with a really good market Wednesday and Saturday. The hospital is falling down around people though but it has a drive thru and normal Starbucks. Waitrose there does a good sashimi so swings and roundabouts :D Greene King and British sugar dominate. Personally I prefer Cambridge (obviously but I hide it really well :D ) then Ely but it has echoes of both.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
More phoning and appointments made.
#8 and myself another hour on the footie pitches.

Lovely sunshine but still a cool wind. Still no rain and I'm determined to cut my grass again later.
Don't cut grass in bright sunshine! Or heat!
Wait for evening or in shade.

What is wrong with a low carb treat?

Kitchen demands my time.
Gotta go.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a chilly start here in the dark and dangerous north. Tired this morning, not the best of nights but as nights in the past go, just about within 1 standard deviation of my personalised mean sleep bell curve. Yesterdays journey of a lifetime came and went without incident and Mrs Miggins now has her shiny new replacement IProd. Packing day - well as much as 15 minutes work. Off to Bordeaux early hours tomorrow morning to see my parents and do a bit of batch cooking. Art bit - similar to yesterday, a bit more colour. Have a smashing day if you can, I think it’s Tuesday. Really ought to have some koffy.

View attachment 67308
Brilliant art again @dunelm
Good luck for a smooth journey travelling...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those who secretly indulge in a sweet treat occasionally, but don’t say anything. Don’t be shy. It is my belief everyone does.

My blood sugars this morning were 4.7, drat drat and drat. Breakfast just had to be toast and jam to raise them enough so I can ride my motorcycle safely. Ah a sweet tread you might say.
Just for information levels below 4.0 it is illegal to venture on to the roads and levels below 5.0 it is recommended not to View attachment 67309venture on the roads. This is for insulin users.

I shall attempt to ride to a seller ov bacon sarnies on side ov the river Thames, this will be my first ride this year.

It is total change from her usual artwork, bur our resident artists @dunelm and @gennepher will recognise the style.

Have a great day all. If you just happen to see a long grey haired bearded obese old man munching a bacon sarnie sitting by the banks ov the Thames it might be a total nut job.
Stay safe avoid.
Good job I am nowhere near the Thames today then isn't it @alf_Josiah

Tell Mrs AJ a brilliant painting!

Enjoy that ride. I hope it is absolutely amazing!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good St George's day everyone from a verdant but damp and dreary L.A. @Annb I hope the covid booster goes/went well. Hug for the tiredness. @dunelm, @gennepher and Mrs AJ thank you all for sharing your artistic skills. @Krystyna23040 good news on the sweet treat not rebounding. @Lamont D lovely images of your garden and good news on sorting the bank issues. Poached eggs and smashed avocado on h/m keto bread for brunch are eaten so I'm good to go for The Little Guy ™ later :woot: Enjoy Tuesday armour clad or not.

View attachment 67311
Thanks Ian...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. So it looks like I 'got away with it' and the tub of ice cream didn't upset blood sugars.

I would really love to have an occasional sweet treat if it doesn't cause long term damage and wondered if anyone else on this thread finds that it is ok to have something sweet occasionally.

It was good that I didn't have a craving for sugar after eating it and it actually felt easier to stick to my very low carb diet knowing that now and again I can have something absolutely wicked.
I bought a pack of 6 mini Lotus Biscoff Ice Cream Mini Sticks some time ago, for the first time @Krystyna23040 They did not impact on my blood sugars at all. I really enjoyed them. A full size one would've been too much for me and made me feel sick. But these mini ones were perfect for me.

I cannot remember where I bought them, but it can only be one of 3 shops, although I understand Lidl (from looking online just now) do an imitation one which reviews say is just as good...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a pack of 6 mini Lotus Biscoff Ice Cream Mini Sticks some time ago, for the first time @Krystyna23040 They did not impact on my blood sugars at all. I really enjoyed them. A full size one would've been too much for me and made me feel sick. But these mini ones were perfect for me.

I cannot remember where I bought them, but it can only be one of 3 shops, although I understand Lidl (from looking online just now) do an imitation one which reviews say is just as good...
They sound really lovely @gennepher. It is rather nice to know that we can have an occasional treat from time to time.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 67311
Yes it was good that the sweet treat didn't rebound @ianpspurs. Now all I have to work out is the timing between these occasional treats.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Just for information levels below 4.0 it is illegal to venture on to the roads and levels below 5.0 it is recommended not to View attachment 67309venture on the roads. This is for insulin users.

Stay safe avoid.
Oops for the blood sugars and enjoy your ride of the bacon sarnies. Smashing painting from Mrs J.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think that everyone does? Actually if that is true I don't feel as guilty indulging in a sweet treat occasionally.
I don't. Stone me now.

I don't want to do anything that might bring me back to missing the things I no longer miss. I don't judge, and all the best to anyone who finds they can still have sweet/high carb stuff without ill effect. But it isn't a matter of "everybody".

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Does anyone celebrate St. George's day?
I am English, though not proud of how my country is run?
It is not something that has ever been in my experience that has a lot to do with my life.
And why do we celebrate those that tried to blow up parliament?
There must something more more worthwhile to celebrate.
In the 21st century, why is there bank holidays?
Banks don't need one. They are online 24/7/365.
Just don't get this barmy country.

And everything English, is not the best!