What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.0 at 7:30.
Very often 2 fingers on my right hand are numb and cold when I wake up and then I get pins and needles. I’m not sure if it’s something to do with my aching shoulder or from my back but I wish it would go away! The feeling comes back after a few minutes of getting up. :rolleyes:
Had my boobs squeezed today…o_O….breast screening, nothing exciting! :p

Hope you’re all having a lovely Tuesday x

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope they are okay how do you get names up in res please I don't know if anyone has responded to you but if you are asking how to highlight someone's name in red, you just need to put an @ sign in front of the name. Doing that will also alert the person that you have mentioned them in the post. I.e. @flonvic. If you just want to change the colour of the text just because you feel like it, across the top of the post you will see an artists palate icon. Click on the icon and it gives you the opportunity to choose from a colour palate.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a strange set of results.
Libre 6.0
GlucoNavii 7.8
CodeFree 6.0

Retested same finger new blood drop on the other edge
GlucoNavii 7.8
CodeFree 5.8

Tested a third time, different finger, same hand
GlucoNavii 5.5
CodeFree 5.8

Final and fourth time (all in the interests of science) original first tested finger, now resembling a colander.
GlucoNavii 5.5
CodeFree 5.6

I really don’t trust the GlucoNavii. If I had gone off the first reading, without the backup of the other two meters (CGM and CodeFree) I would be really disappointed, 3rd day in a row with poor unexpected results.
Test solution due today.
I know how frustrating this can be as I have a similar issue when i do comparisons with my Tee2 and Sinocare Safe Accu. At one time I could interchange them as they would give similar, expected results but then I started seeing a great deal of variance when I tested at FBG time. Irritatingly by lunch time, the test strips from either machine nearly match. I have had to make a conscious decision to choose one above the other just to save my sanity. I still don't know which is the more accurate tester but just keep hoping that the device I chose will give me a good reflection of what my bloods are doing in real time. I hope the control solution helps resolve your issue.

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
Both Dexcom and blood test were 6.2 today..yesterday was crazy readings….it scared me. Readings were around 7 and stayed there all day. No idea. The night before last it was 8 all night. Things have calmed down today….nothing new, so strange. The Dexcom has proven itself and is always in range when compared to blood prick. That will make the upcoming holiday so much better.
still extremely warm temperatures and yesterday we broke a record. The snow is off my roof. Now we’re worried the animals will come out of hibernation. This is not good….

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Control solution didn’t arrive yesterday but the GlucoNavii must have overheard me threatening to bin it …

Libre 6.0
GlucoNavii 6.0 :angelic:
CodeFree 6.2

All low stickies right at the hive entrance with which I can live, particularly as I succumbed to the old adage “oh go on, one won’t hurt you” and had a divine chocolate filled Italian flaky pastry biscuit at our weekly Sewing group. My Libre graph (see below) told me otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_7031.png
    IMG_7031.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 37

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I know how frustrating this can be as I have a similar issue when i do comparisons with my Tee2 and Sinocare Safe Accu. At one time I could interchange them as they would give similar, expected results but then I started seeing a great deal of variance when I tested at FBG time. Irritatingly by lunch time, the test strips from either machine nearly match. I have had to make a conscious decision to choose one above the other just to save my sanity. I still don't know which is the more accurate tester but just keep hoping that the device I chose will give me a good reflection of what my bloods are doing in real time. I hope the control solution helps resolve your issue.

Yes, mine level out during the day too. I will keep triple testing until my CodeFree strips run out. I only switched because the GN strips are much cheaper and I need to find ways to pinch pennies to fund my CGM.