What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi heavyd how are you doing Has you can see on here we all struggle at times just keep your carbs low at you will see a difference soon.
Bet your not short on sunshine it's awful weather here we have had very little nice weather this year,think it sunshined in May when I'd gone to Spain typical.Enjoy your day. K
Thank you Granny_grump. I'm trying to keep my carb low but sometimes it gets difficulty had 8.0 BG today

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thank you Granny_grump. I'm trying to keep my carb low but sometimes it gets difficulty had 8.0 BG today
Hi heavyd it is hard to keep control we all just have to keep trying our best,I'm sure you will see results getting better just give it a little time, Good Luck. Heh! The sun has broken through here this morning hope it stays for a while. K

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pe byddwn i wedi gwybod eich bod i gyd yn dod, byddwn wedi pobi siwgr cacen yn rhad ac am ddim. This morning I went to the seaside where I was approached by a big old donkey. I asked him if he would like some carrots? He replied neeeeeeeiiiiiggggghghhhhhhh lad but your waking blood sugars are 3.6mmols. It's Friday and the weekend starts right here, right now. I hope you all do good stuff.

Edit: sorry folks I almost forgot. Puppy walked and it's work again - NICE - I think Not!!!!!
Your Welsh is far better than mine @Diabeticliberty !! Dw i'n dysgu siarad cymrag! :banghead::confused::wacky::wideyed::rolleyes::D:hilarious::hilarious:
6.30am FBG = 7
Have a nice day as poss! :):cat:

D

Diabeticliberty

Your Welsh is far better than mine @Diabeticliberty !! Dw i'n dysgu siarad cymrag! :banghead::confused::wacky::wideyed::rolleyes::D:hilarious::hilarious:
6.30am FBG = 7
Have a nice day as poss! :):cat:

It's my English that most people struggle with. More than likely cos I spend the vast majority of my waking hours talking absolute bo@%$#*).

Good diabetic number by way and that comment is not my usual Friday morning low quality jibber jabber :cool:

Reactions: ziggy_w

Phantom240

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wonder if someone can help me.
Started metformin a about 10 days ago but now my shift level is between 9 and 12 my diet contains 200g carbs and 43g shugre in 24 hours.
Less than 2000 cal.
Before using tablets I hardly touched 7.5

D

Diabeticliberty

Started metformin a about 10 days ago but now my shift level is between 9 and 12 my diet contains 200g carbs and 43g shugre in 24 hours.
Less than 2000 cal.

Metformin will take time to build up in your system before it starts to work to full effect. Please pardon my ignorance but if your diabetic control was very good without it and from what you have posted it would appear that it was very good then why have you started taking it?

Reactions: ziggy_w

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Less than 2000 cal.

200 grams of carbs is way more carbs than most type 2 can manage... try to go under 150 grams of carbs a day.. or even under 100 grams of carbs..the easiest way is to eat a breakfast almost without carbs like bacon and eggs or half an avocado with shrimps and mayo or salsa sauce ... or cheese and ham (no bread or if you want bread try Lidl protein rolls ... they are almost without carbs..) guess there is reason why you have started taking metformin usually because one's body cannot by itself regulate blood glucose down... .. haven´t heard that people get higher blood glucose from metformin... but metformin only helps very little like lowering under I think it is 6 % ... but not really sure... the most reliable way to lower blood glucose is usually to lower carbs and not eat more protein than around 1 grams pro kg bodyweight
sugar and other carbs except from fibres is really equally damaging to a type 2 diabetic

D

Diabeticliberty

200 grams of carbs is way more carbs than most type 2 can manage... try to go under 150 grams of carbs a day.. or even under 100 grams of carbs..the easiest way is to eat a breakfast almost without carbs like bacon and eggs or half an avocado with shrimps and mayo or salsa sauce ... or cheese and ham (no bread or if you want bread try Lidl protein rolls ... they are almost without carbs..) guess there is reason why you have started taking metformin usually because one's body cannot by itself regulate blood glucose down... .. haven´t heard that people get higher blood glucose from metformin... but metformin only helps very little like lowering under I think it is 6 % ... but not really sure... the most reliable way to lower blood glucose is usually to lower carbs and not eat more protein than around 1 grams pro kg bodyweight
sugar and other carbs except from fibres is really equally damaging to a type 2 diabetic

Erm.......bacon, eggs, avocado, shrimps and salsa sauce? Best you set an extra place. I'll be round at about 6 45 am tomorrow morning. Excellent, that's breakfast sorted now who will invite me for lunch I wonder?

Reactions: Prem51

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Erm.......bacon, eggs, avocado, shrimps and salsa sauce? Best you set an extra place. I'll be round at about 6 45 am tomorrow morning. Excellent, that's breakfast sorted now who will invite me for lunch I wonder?
Fancy lunch out in Pembroke Dock, Pembs. West Wales UK? We'll be having pub lunch...:hungry::hungry::hungry:
what time would you like to eat? Our treat!!:hungry: Will you have to travel far? :D Ferry to/from Ireland in Pembroke Dock .... :cool: :cat: