What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG of 6.8 at 7.00am. I even dream about food. Its just not fair LOL

Hi Ymdawd
Your doing well don't beat yourself up your readings are still in range,and you will be back to what you want to be again. It's the weather we feel cold and hungry more, keep dreaming but don't eat it. K

Reactions: geefull and ziggy_w

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
My BG just now was 7.2 which made me very happy to see. Just had my drugs adjusted levels adjusted on Wed. At first they spiked a bit through the day. But now I see with the proper balance to my diet, I shouldn't have as many wild swings with my blood sugar.
Glad to hear that things are settling down for you, Ixarix :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ixarix

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
8.2 this morning after aterrible night of hot sweats and tossing and turning absolutely shattered but got to liven up got my 2 grandsons later oñes a very active 3 year old and a 3 month old better hurry up and liven myself up
Enjoy every minute with your two grandchildren, karen8967. They are a blessing.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6,8 this morning, my fault for having too much rice last night - my excuse: I am coming down with a cold.

Still feeling celebratory this morning. I did not let the cold put me off, completed a 10km walk and this mean that my total for the month so far and with two days to spare is 201km. In other words past the personal target I had set myself of 200km!

e38b9143813227c527e708978a6c5a02.jpg

Weight is down as well to 80kg (bmi 23,6). Last time I weighed so little I was probably still at school!

Leaving you with wishes for an enjoyable remainder of the day (we are planning a trip to the mountains for lunch with friends, which I am very much looking forward to) and a photo of another of my collection of palms; this time the grey/blue fan palm Bismarkia Nobilis

433b05a0c464da87413ac53f63b8bba7.jpg
Congratulations on your achievements Pavlosn. Enjoy your day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

ugh, I don't like it when they muck about with the clocks, it always takes me ages to adapt :(
I got up to the bathroom just before 6 in 'old clock' and then decided to go back to bed because it was just before 5 in 'new clock' but couldn't get back to sleep. Still, it's a bonny, dry and bright morning now although it's cold :)

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

4.2 today

ugh, I don't like it when they muck about with the clocks, it always takes me ages to adapt :(
I got up to the bathroom just before 6 in 'old clock' and then decided to go back to bed because it was just before 5 in 'new clock' but couldn't get back to sleep. Still, it's a bonny, dry and bright morning now although it's cold :)

Hi gleeful
Totally agree I've been up 3 hours already!K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, all you lovely people. Blood sugars were 4.7 today.

Thanks so much @karen8967, @Ixarix and @Diabeticliberty for your kind birthday wishes. I had a wonderful evening yesterday. This was probably as close as I will ever get to a starred restaurant. The food was delicious and low-carb (they adjusted the menu for me) and the wine was great. Not surprisingly, the portions were minute -- so I was still hungry afterwards. We then went on to our favorite tapas place for some more food and wine -- alas, we didn't make it until midnight.