What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6,8 this morning, my fault for having too much rice last night - my excuse: I am coming down with a cold.

Still feeling celebratory this morning. I did not let the cold put me off, completed a 10km walk and this mean that my total for the month so far and with two days to spare is 201km. In other words past the personal target I had set myself of 200km!

e38b9143813227c527e708978a6c5a02.jpg

Weight is down as well to 80kg (bmi 23,6). Last time I weighed so little I was probably still at school!

Leaving you with wishes for an enjoyable remainder of the day (we are planning a trip to the mountains for lunch with friends, which I am very much looking forward to) and a photo of another of my collection of palms; this time the grey/blue fan palm Bismarkia Nobilis

433b05a0c464da87413ac53f63b8bba7.jpg
Well done pav

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.2 this morning after aterrible night of hot sweats and tossing and turning absolutely shattered but got to liven up got my 2 grandsons later oñes a very active 3 year old and a 3 month old better hurry up and liven myself up

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I already have a lot gout unfortunately among a lot of other stuff

Hi Freema sorry to here you too have gout I've just started with it so I understand where your coming from.
May I take this opportunity to apologise for my outburst a few weeks ago, I'm that sort of nasty person usually. Things just got out of hand and I didn't cope with it well. K

Reactions: Freema

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So much harder to stay away from carbs when it's cold

Hi Pavlosn I totally agree , for my lunch it's now more hearty soups and a small bread roll or slice of whole grain bread.
I take carbs from my one main meal in the evening and use a little of them at lunch, and add extra vegetables if I'm hungry . That way I'm not increasing my carbs just spreading them between two meals. Have a lovely day. K

Reactions: pavlosn
D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning all. Blood sugars were 4.8 today.

Looking forward to a very nice dinner tonight at a place called "Wine on the Rhine" for an early birthday celebration. If we are up to it and provided that we will be able to keep our eyes open until midnight, we will go for a drink afterwards. I remember there was a time when it wasn't a problem to stay up until all hours.

@Freema -- Congrats on your great Hba1c -- really well done. By the way, did you have a look at Keto Dave's video. He did a lot of self-experimentation (and also collected data from others) and seems to believe that the more fat we had in the three days prior to your cholesterol test, the lower our cholesterol numbers. It is really a fascinating watch. So, maybe the relationship between eating fat and cholesterol is more complex than we think (provided that higher cholesterol numbers are even really a problem). Also, some forum members report that they have seen a positive impact when they substituted some of the animal fats with olive oil.

Sorry Zig, I am very late to this posting. I hope your Wine On the Rhine gave you a high old time. Very happy early birthday. May you have a wonderful, what is left of the weekend :):):)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG today at 7.45am was 6.7

Hi heavyd wow what a great reading keep it up has I'm sure you will, you seem to have Has I say got your head on!
Hope your keeping well and I'm sure your getting much more sunshine than we are. You lucky person!K

Reactions: heavyd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My BG just now was 7.2 which made me very happy to see. Just had my drugs adjusted levels adjusted on Wed. At first they spiked a bit through the day. But now I see with the proper balance to my diet, I shouldn't have as many wild swings with my blood sugar.

Hi lxarix
Glad your now getting better control it's hard sometimes to do what we know we should,we are all in the same boat so to speak. Good Luck to you, and have a lovely day!K

Reactions: Ixarix

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Glad to say 'my fbs are down to 7.3 at 8 am from 8.3 yesterday.:happy: Surprising what a day's rest can do ( and lack of scone of course!):D A bright and sunny morning so far. Enjoy your Sunday one and all.:)