What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also had a late night, at theatre with a Wagamama dinner and an ice cream in the interval, so FBG of 6.0 at 7.30am was pretty amazing considering.

Have been for a swim and a spell in the steam room, so ready for a coffee now. Can’t figure out whether the rain will keep off this afternoon, had a walk planned if it’s dry.

Hugs to those who need them, have as good a day as you can

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awoke this morning to test
BG 12.2 mmol.
A bit disappointed as all I ate last night at around 7pm was a tinned tuna sandwich, with 2 rounds of bread.
It has to be the bread that's given me a higher reading and I should know better by now, not to eat the damned stuff.
Have a lovely weekend x
Sometimes only bread (aka easy comfort eating) will do. Try Livlife from Waitrose, it's low carb but does act and behave and taste (almost) like shop bought normal bread. Although the slices are small they are very filling, and even better, work very well for cheese on toast...

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn’t aware that both legs could swell up with a DVT. When I was in Lanzarote last November both lower legs swelled up so badly on the fifth day that I spent the day inside with feet up as I was flying home the next day. I put it down to the extreme heat and because it was both lower limbs I discounted DVT. I am going to get compression stockings for next trip to Spain.
Evening @PenguinMum.

Many disorders can cause swelling of the lower legs and feet besides high ambient temperatures. Should this happen again (I hope it doesn't) I would seek a medical opinion. Better safe than sorry.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, Sunday people. Back to the five hive, with FBG 5.6 this morning. Happy days!

Didn’t get to my walk yesterday, raining as I was about to set out, but may have another go today. According to the weather radar, the rain will arrive around 1 pm, so if I get off by 10am, I should just be finished by then.

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning playmates! Excuse my absence but as a result of another condition I have, I regularly get UTIs. Well, just for the purpose this one was pretty vile so I took to my bed and slept for 2 days, only eating a natural yoghurt on the 2nd day.

Today my fbg is 6.3, suggesting the antibiotics are kicking in.

Its a big week for me this week - surgery to have a benign lumpy thing cut off the side of my nose and the car needs an. MOT. So glad I'm feeling better as neither of those 2 events are arduous, but the become problematic when you feel like an old wet rag.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning playmates! Excuse my absence but as a result of another condition I have, I regularly get UTIs. Well, just for the purpose this one was pretty vile so I took to my bed and slept for 2 days, only eating a natural yoghurt on the 2nd day.

Today my fbg is 6.3, suggesting the antibiotics are kicking in.

Its a big week for me this week - surgery to have a benign lumpy thing cut off the side of my nose and the car needs an. MOT. So glad I'm feeling better as neither of those 2 events are arduous, but the become problematic when you feel like an old wet rag.
Morning @Welshman1952. A darn good FBG reading all things considered.

The timing of that infection isn't great. It's likely this week's planned surgery will be postponed until it clears.

Once recovered, I'd discuss with your urology team the possibility of a low-dose, prophylacitic antibiotic until the underlying cause of your recurrent UTIs is treated.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awoke this morning to test
BG 12.2 mmol.
A bit disappointed as all I ate last night at around 7pm was a tinned tuna sandwich, with 2 rounds of bread.
It has to be the bread that's given me a higher reading and I should know better by now, not to eat the damned stuff.
Have a lovely weekend x
Bread is my nemesis too .

RosemaryJackson

Good afternoon and I hope it is for everyone! 7.2 this morning after a 7.3 at bedtime. Thank you @PenguinMum, it feels a bit easier now I've started taking anti-histamines. The anti-biotic drops caused more problems and the pharmacist (when did it change from good old-fashioned chemist??) said it wasn't conjunctivitis. So it's an allergy of some sort. Anyway, have a lovely day in the sun but still wrap up warm.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat half a slice of sourdough bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Make a total one and a half slice for the entire day. That is one of the reasons my FBG is in the non diabetic range.
Good evening @Omar51

I know you monitor your blood glucose levels carefully and, if eating the equivalent of one and a half slices of sourdough in divided amounts three times a day works for you, long may that continue.

Unfortunately, type 2 diabetes ia a very individual disorder and, whether pre-diabetic or diabetic, we're all different. Some of us cannot handle this amount of carbohydrate daily, except perhaps by forgoing something else.

Our blood glucose level is one parameter that can be measured at home, but insulin sensitivity, insulin receptor signalling, gut microbiome and circadian rhythm responses are just some of the variables that play a role and of course all of these factors are differently weighted between individuals with type 2 diabetes.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat half a slice of sourdough bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Make a total one and a half slice for the entire day. That is one of the reasons my FBG is in the non diabetic range.
Your willpower constantly AMAZES me.
Once the loaf of bread is in front of me, my head YELLS at me to take 2 slices.
Well done Omar51.......

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening @Omar51

I know you monitor your blood glucose levels carefully and, if eating the equivalent of one and a half slices of sourdough in divided amounts three times a day works for you, long may that continue.

Unfortunately, type 2 diabetes ia a very individual disorder and, whether pre-diabetic or diabetic, we're all different. Some of us cannot handle this amount of carbohydrate daily, except perhaps by forgoing something else.

Our blood glucose level is one parameter that can be measured at home, but insulin sensitivity, insulin receptor signalling, gut microbiome and circadian rhythm responses are just some of the variables that play a role and of course all of these factors are differently weighted between individuals with type 2 diabetes.

Good evening @LivingLightly

I agree with you on everything you wrote. Indeed, we all know that in diabetes one shoe doesn’t fit all. Everyone is one of a kind. I am pre for about 14 years. I keep on learning and once in a while write about my lifestyle.
Thanks a lot for the good information.
-Omar