What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 at 7:15.
One of my chickens is being a bully and pecking one of the others. I have to put her in quarantine for a few days…..first I have to catch her! :rolleyes: This is making me very anxious, my adhd kicking in! :(

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday - group hug x

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG is quite high for me at 6.7. So work to do.
I came back from holiday on Saturday we had a lovely time but there is some very indulgent, scrumptious food in Turkey and we were AI. I kept away totally from all the sweet stuff but did enjoy the meat and veg with their accompanying sauces. Now I need to get back on track and lose some weight. I haven't been checking my bloods whilst away but as well as over indulging in food, I was bitten by an insect, mosquito or tick I'm not sure, at the beginning of the holiday and by the time I arrived back, the bite was a big dark purple splurge on my ankle, I went to the pharmacy to check it out and I'm now on strong antibiotics. whether the infection is causing bloods to rise, I don't know but its a good excuse. We shall see how things go over the next few days. Three months to my annual A1c, hope that's enough to motivate me. ;)

Good to see you back posting @Estragon, I have been quite concerned as you stopped posting so abruptly. You sound as if you have been through so much but good to see you are bouncing back. I for one have missed your lively input send you well wishes,:)

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 at 7:15.
One of my chickens is being a bully and pecking one of the others. I have to put her in quarantine for a few days…..first I have to catch her! :rolleyes: This is making me very anxious, my adhd kicking in! :(

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday - group hug x
Good luck with catching her! Hope she rewards you with lots of eggs. My feral cockerel Sidney has vanished - which is a bit of a relief because being woken up at 4am by an insomniac cockerel who doesn't even belong to me was annoying. But in a funny sort of way, I miss him.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Good to see you back posting @Estragon, I have been quite concerned as you stopped posting so abruptly.
Well yes. I tripped and fell on my bonce giving me a Brain Bleed and a Clot. Required me to have surgery and 9 weeks of physiotherapy. I'm now very tired and quite weak. As I'm posting this I am finding it quite hard.

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my blood results.Hba1c==48! It was 45 when doc removed Linagliptin in november. did ask to be put back on it as my post meal readings were staying high,but they said no.So now i have gone back to diabetic,not pre.appointment on friday with diabetic nurse.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG is quite high for me at 6.7. So work to do.
I came back from holiday on Saturday we had a lovely time but there is some very indulgent, scrumptious food in Turkey and we were AI. I kept away totally from all the sweet stuff but did enjoy the meat and veg with their accompanying sauces. Now I need to get back on track and lose some weight. I haven't been checking my bloods whilst away but as well as over indulging in food, I was bitten by an insect, mosquito or tick I'm not sure, at the beginning of the holiday and by the time I arrived back, the bite was a big dark purple splurge on my ankle, I went to the pharmacy to check it out and I'm now on strong antibiotics. whether the infection is causing bloods to rise, I don't know but its a good excuse. We shall see how things go over the next few days.
Evening @Ryhia. Sounds like a wonderful holiday and well done for avoiding the sweet stuff.

Ideally, you should have started the antibiotic treatment for your bite somewhat earlier. A Turkish pharmacist would know the difference between a mosquito and a tick bite; both would be encountered regularly in their locality. Should you experience flu-like symptoms or the surrounding skin feels hot, I'd seek a medical view.