Feeling odd at normal blood levels

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I have noticed that the last few days when I have felt a bit off as though a hypo was lurking my blood has been exactly 5.7 when I have tested.

This seems like normal bg to me and I wondered if anyone else starts to feel squiffy at anything under these levels?

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
So today I started to feel hungry and bit jittery at 12.45. Did sugar level and it was 5.7. Then ate a salmon piece two boiled eggs a tomato and some lettuce. Feeling bit tired now ten mins later but I seem to perk up after about half an hour. Is this ringing any bells? X

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
My eyes are very tired and I could go to bed but I did only get four hours sleep last night!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have noticed that the last few days when I have felt a bit off as though a hypo was lurking my blood has been exactly 5.7 when I have tested.

This seems like normal bg to me and I wondered if anyone else starts to feel squiffy at anything under these levels?

Yes 5.7 is normal blood glucose levels.
I do feel a bit weird as though my body is warning me but only in the low 4s. 5.7 is to me, a good place to be!
You will go through a lot of feelings that seem like a low but it's your body adjusting or something else, you do have a lot going on.
So today I started to feel hungry and bit jittery at 12.45. Did sugar level and it was 5.7. Then ate a salmon piece two boiled eggs a tomato and some lettuce. Feeling bit tired now ten mins later but I seem to perk up after about half an hour. Is this ringing any bells? X

Yes, it is a weird feeling but you have just got some needed food probably, are you eating regularly enough when working? and running around with the kids to school?

Sleep deprivation is synonymous with all the blood glucose disorders.
Once you have really settled down your sleeping should improve!

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I think maybe not eating enough. I had a sausage and four raspberries for breakfast at 7.30 then a coyo at 9.00 and then about 11.30 a few pumpkin seeds. 1.00pm salmon and egg and salad. Nothing since. Feeling I need to eat soon. I seem to have an unquenchable thirst. I am sure it's food related.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just up your protein up a bit and don't go without for too long!
Do like I do, just a couple of bites every two to three hours.
You do need more water than you think!
Have you upped your salt?

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
No probably not. I'm treading such s careful line with everything at the moment. I'll try that x

Reactions: 2 people