Fruit, fructose!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There is a type of RH, that has a trigger caused by fructose in fruit, not matter whether apple or pineapple.
Small pieces of fruit do nothing to my blood glucose levels.
A bowl of fruit salad would cause problems but a small Apple wouldn't!
I know that different types of fruit has a different effect on blood glucose levels.
But, is anyone completely intolerant to fruit?
We could ask the same about dairy and how lactose intolerance has an effect on us!
Is there any others, groups of foods? like I have a total grain intolerance?
Be interesting in the similarity between us!

Reactions: 2 people

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I know I am more ill with my autoimmune thyroid disease if I eat gluten. I have eliminated aches and pains that had me almost crippled over my going gluten free which Lc helps with. I may have to give up dairy too at some point as I know it's a flare up to autoimmune disease.

Has anyone ever looked into whether RH is an autoimmune condition?

Hughes syndrome that I am currently under investigation for is also auto immune.

I am still clinging on to the fact that most of my problems have been blood glucose related and the stuttering especially as I had cheek twitching that day too and have read many takes of hypoglycaemic stuttering and am hoping the Hughes is a low grade anomaly!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don't believe RH is autoimmune.
By everything I've read it is 'just' a blood glucose and insulin disorder.
Something to do with your hormones anyway.

From what I've read, I think you can have RH with a quite a few things like hypothyroidism, diabetes, after stomach surgery and intolerance to food. Never mind what you are going through.

If you need to eat gluten free food, to stay well, then that is what I would do.
My endocrinologist said try more carbs, I will, but why? They only make me feel pretty awful but I have upped my carbs a little through vegetables and a little more fruit.
So I'm hovering about the border of being ketogenic and not!
I'm keeping an eye on how I feel and my bloods.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I was going to ask you Nosher, when I see the rheumatologist next week he will do a urine test. Will he think I have a problem if I have ketones?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was going to ask you Nosher, when I see the rheumatologist next week he will do a urine test. Will he think I have a problem if I have ketones?

I don't know, are you in ketosis or just hovering above?
If he does, just explain that you are eating food that doesn't upset you.
Even if you plead ignorance of what he is talking about.
There is a lot going on with you so just listen to his advice and go from there!

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I would imagine I am in ketosis but I don't know if I am honest. I am very strict with my low carb and Measured with my fat in that I consume it but I isn't go mad.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I wouldn't over worry about being in ketosis or ketones to be honest!

Listen to what he says and maybe he can give you something to help you!

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Linagirl my endo also will send me to a rheumatologist. Don't have a appointment yet. The main thing is that he/ she is nice and caring. Let me know how u g

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hey Jey yes let us know how it goes and I will do the same. What reason is you Endo referring you to a rheumatologist for? Just wondered if similar to me x

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi because of my swelling in face and joints who come and go, skin, eczima's on hand, legs and chest. Probably also because I had alopecia on head and at the momant on my legs! Looks weard when not shaved!!! Lol. Why do u have that pleasure!?!

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
It's because I have had a positives antiphospholipid test and they are looking for Hughes syndrome x