Insulin levels

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone apparently my insulin levels in my fasting blood test are "normal". Haven't got any test Nr. yet. Just wonder, how can I have low blood sugar and normal insulin levels?! Did u's got insulin tested fasting? Or different times a day?! Does by RH's the insulin blood test show high? Or should show high?! Sorry for the "probably silly" questions!

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Derek good question! I had some mornings, fasting over 6 to 6.6. And other mornings under 4. That is what I measured befor. I don't know yet what it was by the blood test. My GP sad it's difficult to get results from hospital to GP!!!! Do u mind asking what is yours?!

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Mine was 5.3 this morning and I had fasted since 7.25 last night to 11am this morning. Xx

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Jey,
Mine is 5.8/6.0 in am but not tried in the middle of the night when it could be lower.
regards
Derek

Hi Derek good question! I had some mornings, fasting over 6 to 6.6. And other mornings under 4. That is what I measured befor. I don't know yet what it was by the blood test. My GP sad it's difficult to get results from hospital to GP!!!! Do u mind asking what is yours?!
Hi Jey,
What is your overnight fasting b.g please?
regards
Derek

Reactions: 2 people

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Derek thank u. When u eat breakfast , after is your bs lower then the fasting?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Jey,
I tend to be c.7 after 1hr which drops and is steady at c. 5.5 until next meal.
However it is another kettle of fish if I consume carbs.
Derek

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Derek Thank u for your information. It is interesting how everyone is so different. And still we have so much commen things. It does help to test with people who do understand and sit in the same boat.

Reactions: 2 people