Meter Died on me :(

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
My bayer usb as just died on me,that or its turned into a vampire as it keep telling me theres not enough blood on the test strip.Weird but i got a little panicked with the situation,me and that meter have been together for around 4 months now :( lol,would I be able to get a replacement without paying for it?!?!? it say that they have a potential of lasting up until 5 years,as you can see mines lasted nowhere near that amount of time :(

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best to get in touch with the customer care line and see if they will send a replacement meter ,they usually want to keep your custom so that you buy the strips etc
CAROL

Reactions: 4 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Have you tried replacing the Battery ?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
My bayer usb as just died on me,that or its turned into a vampire as it keep telling me theres not enough blood on the test strip.Weird but i got a little panicked with the situation,me and that meter have been together for around 4 months now :( lol,would I be able to get a replacement without paying for it?!?!? it say that they have a potential of lasting up until 5 years,as you can see mines lasted nowhere near that amount of time :(
Just give the company a ring they will either sort the problem or replace the meter foc.

Reactions: 2 people

Cl1ve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi . i have a jazz wavwsence .and it has just died after 4 months . iv manage to get one from ebay for £10.00 . so not to bad . i also put my reading on an app so have not lost all my reading . if you cant get a replacment look on ebay
Clive

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@wiserkurtious you're type 1 so if bayer can't sort you out, go to your GP/Diabetes clinic and they will provide you with a tester and strips if required.